Screenshot of the Day #122: Rich France!

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
The title of the previous SOTD is "Poor France!". Just to be fair to the French, here is a "Rich France!" screenshot... ;)

The only victory condition enabled was Spaceship. Things were going pretty well, but I wasn't researching 1 tech every 4 turns. However, I did get Superconductor first, and went to France negotiate. I was expecting a wonderful deal, but nothing like that.

I love Joan. She's so generous. Now I'm researching well and there's still some money left.

http://www.civfanatics.com/sotd/sotd122.jpg

Thanks to Pggar for the screenshot.

It's not smart enough to do that just before you declare war. :)

not in my games syrus, damn it!

Not to try to top you or anything, but once Iroquios wouldn't give me superconductor for 15450 gold and 653 gold per turn. I was mad, and just stole it from them. It was cheaper :p

Nope, L'ARMEE's been there since at least 1.04, if not earlier.

Man I think my game's ****ed or something. Whenever I buy techs from other civs I have to pay about 50 (ancient times) up to 300 (modern tech) per turns but whenever I have a tech that the AI doesn't have yet and I ask him what he wants to offer he never goes higher then maybe 5 or 10 per turn?
I never had the AI pay me a lot for my techs\resources ffs....

I would say that the hottest version of Joan is the Medeival Ages Pic.

Originally posted by Aonghus

Yeah Im not to keen on the bald armee look.:(

As to the post ,well, Ive never had an offer even close to that in my games and if I did I would take in a second......dread;)

That's not a bad amount of money, though I think I've seen more (not sure though).

Ancient joan and industrial are the best, but since the civ3 portraits are so fake to me, I'm not going to care that much.

I've seen this many times. It seems to me the commercial civs put up these crazy offers more often then not(could be my imagination though).

Commercial civs are the most richest civs usually, that's why they make bigger offers :)

Joan SHOULD have hair in the next version. I'm not too keen on BALD women :D

Originally posted by Aonghus

Na. Industrial! :D

I have posted this screenshot before but its been awhile and this looked like a good place to show it off again.

I actually turned the offer down, I was the only one with synthetic fibers and was making good use of my monopoly on modern armor and egypt was my next victim.

The later techs must be worth quite a bit to the AI. I was at war with Egypt in a Regent game and decided to negotiate peace after kicking Cleo around quite a bit. She refused to give me Amphibious War, but was still willing to give almost 100 GPT!

Wow woody! Talk about a lot of cash!

Btw, there's a flaw with your OCP, as it leaves a 2x2 area between every 4 cities (I know as I have been experimenting with OCP lately)

edit: actually not quite, as though you have a consistent layout I'm not sure entirely what it is...

Top Bottom