City Graphics Request: Mesopotamia

thamis

King of Kish
Hi!

I've tried to create mesopotamian cities myself, but I'm just too bad at creating graphics... I'm just missing something. So maybe someone of those gifted artists out there *jealous* can help!

For the Ancient Mediterranean MOD I'd like to incorporate Mesopotamian city graphics. They would be kind of a mix between American and Middle Eastern graphics. I'm thinking of several clay huts (Middle Eastern style) at first, slowly becoming more. No mosques with minarettes (like in the standard ME set), though. The larger city sizes would have a ziggurat (a temple-like thing, I'll attach a cool one) in the middle.

I only need one (maybe two) era sets, because it's Ancient only. :egypt:

It would be GREAT if someone could do it - my attempts are just horrible... <g>

Attachments

• zigguratlarge.jpg
    zigguratlarge.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 330
how do like this? I did it in 20 minutes so its far from finished.

Attachments

• image1.gif
    image1.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 230
Pretty good so far! I suggest making the roof of that roman-looking house in the NW flat. Also, the house in the SW seems a little too dark to me. And the next city size should get a ziggurat. :)

I'm not sure if the Babylonians had domed buildings. I don't think so. That's more of a mosque thing. I'd make all buildings flat-roofed.

ok what do you think of this?

Attachments

• image1.gif
    image1.gif
    38.8 KB · Views: 361
thamis, I posted in "wrong" forum (I commented Yodas completed gfx) before. But I had better posted here, it seems.

Well, I am making also a mesopotamian city style (only ancient) for my own Rise of Rome projekt. But this city style it has low priority to me, simply because many other things are much more importend to do for this scenario. However, once if it is finished, you may use it too. Here is again a preview.

Top Bottom