Gotm18-Celts Results and Congratulations

cracker

Gil Favor's Sidekick
Another great month for the GOTM and you should all give yourselves a big round of applause

Over 187 players submitted games for this event and we see improvement in all aspects of play, performance, strategy, community spirit, and general high quality participation and discussion.

Complete Gotm18-Celts (Keltoi) Results

We will have some more exciting statistical information to share with you on this game as we continue to update all the records and analyse the impacts of the new scoring system.

Where is my result?
I cannot find my game in the result table
You ask me to send it in again because file was corrupted and I did. Did'nt you received the game?
Thanks for answering

Interesting and kinda surprising list, I must say.

Congrats Moonsinger on another top prize. Half-milking or milking all the way, your games end up impressive anyhow :goodjob:

Lol@Zwingli in 154th. I was wondering how far down that game would end up and it's not far from rock bottom after an amazing accomplishment.

Kudos to all those who did a great game! This also includes those who did their 1st gotm. And all the rest who finished, especially those who lost and submitted nonetheless.

I came in at a for me disappointing 38th place. I recognize I have to learn that it is not enough to play to win, (that was never in question), but to score good you have to be focussed all game long.

I had many turns when my game was just "idling along" and it shows. Regrettably the same can be said for my gotm19. :(

But since we Macintosh players are new to the large gotm community, we will do our best to improve. Or we need a master class with one of the top players. Volunteers?

Thanks to cracker and the gotm team for giving us this opportunity. :goodjob:

Originally posted by Emperor Dodone
Where is my result?
I cannot find my game in the result table
You ask me to send it in again because file was corrupted and I did. Did'nt you received the game?
Thanks for answering

We never got your resubmission either. The results page is going to up updated in a few hours to include the links to all the files. If you send your submission to me before the update I'll get your game in.

send it to aeson@yahoo.com

Great job everyone!

Nice distribution of victory conditions. Domination seemed to be the most popular for this game.

I was really worried Bremp was going to whomp me, because Bremp sure was off to a very powerful start from what I saw in the spoiler thread.

It was interesting to finally compare the top 3 milkers in this game (me, Bremp, Sir Pleb) final scores from what we had at 1020 A.D. Sir Pleb was well behind me in tech (because of his game strategy of slow tech speed at the start), but he didn't fall as far back in score as I thought he might. Bremp was way ahead of me in reaching domination and in score, but fell behind at some point. I don't know how fast Bremp's tech pace was, though.

But by figuring out what our Jason scores would have been at 1020 A.D., we still would have placed 3rd-5th if we finished then, so milking didn't improve our rankings at all (compared to non-milkers). My Jason score only went up 1% from 1600 A.D.- 2050 A.D. (230 game turns).

We never got your resubmission either. The results page is going to up updated in a few hours to include the links to all the files. If you send your submission to me before the update I'll get your game in.

send it to aeson@yahoo.com

I played on my home pc until 1912, saving the game the 26th April.
then I send the game to my email and restarted from portable because I was abroad but wanted to finish the game within 31th of May.
I did it and that file was corrupted because my name was on the forum. So I submitted again the 5th of May.
A few days ago I found my name in the "player experience promotions" so I was sure you received the file.
Now you say never received and I have a problem.
I am at home and before tomorrow morning I cannot send the same file.
If you need it today the only chance I have is restart from 1912 (but something can change), other wise wait for tomorrow.
Please tell me asap what I have to do.
Thanks

The main CivFanatics page says 'Diplomatic' for my game, but I have no such skills. ;)

It was instead a multi victory with Culture 100K as my chosen primary victory condition (Domination secondary, that I can do).

------
Edit: Ah, it has been corrected. :)

Originally posted by tao
I came in at a for me disappointing 38th place. I recognize I have to learn that it is not enough to play to win, (that was never in question), but to score good you have to be focussed all game long.

I think you did great. 38th out of 159 is in the top 24%. That is a very respectable score considering that you are competing against hard core Civvers from around the globe!

Congrats again to MOOsinger! You're unstoppable.

Congrats to everyone who competed and submitted their game.
:goodjob:

How do you complete multiple victory conditions?Congrats to all those who won .How long have you all been playing?I used to play civ2 alot about 3 years ago.I've only been playing 3 for a couple of months.I hope to win a gotm before next year.

Congrats to MOOnsinger, for getting first place in yet another GOTM... :goodjob:
Also congrats to all the other players submiited...

Zwingli's really impressive performance at 154th...:lol: Great game Zwingli!!!!

Well I came in 23rd! Wow.... Higher than I expected, I must really be learning....;)

Thanks to cracker and the GOTM staff for a great game...

Wow. I managed 15th place! :) Not bad at all, especially considering my very poor placement of my FP (very close to the capital the whole game). But like Tao, I think I will manage much more poorly in GOTM 19, since I just played without any particular strategy. You really need to play with a certain strategy in mind from the start.

21st ! Not bad for a first submission :) However, I'll be shocked if I make it into the top 100 for gotm19.... where I suffered from the same problem as Hurricane - not a concept in mind before the start.

Ditto, ditto and ditto? :p

Good job everybody who finished high and everybody else who's proud of his (her) efforts.

@vlad: Basically, you set the game up so that at 2049 AD you could win in several different ways - if you finish your last spaceship part you get the spaceship win, if you wipe out the last AI city you get conquest, if you settle several new cities yourself you get domination, and so forth. For more detail check out the spoiler threads from last month.

Renata <-- seems to have picked the right victory condition this month :p

Great game. I am happy with 33rd place at my second gotm. It was unfortunate for me that I happened to trigger domination victory when I was so close to building space parts.

Thanks cracker and GOTM staff for this great game.

Congrats to moonsinger, and renata for her/his? early spaceship. I tried to give you a run of competition - but I realize I never closed the gap from the QSC, resulting in a second fastest 1620 launch on my part. I have one comment on my game: Techtrading at monarch difficulty is impossible - unless your name is Dave McW... If you gotta do it, do it yourself.

There is a very nice Jason scoring distribution this month. Kudos to Aeson and cracker for their continued work making it fair to everyone. And congrats to all the players for so many great games! :goodjob:

Once again I am impressed by the quick turnaround time for the results. :)

I thought Ribannah's 100k culture was amazing, so my jaw dropped when I saw Moonsinger's 20k! Honorable mention to Bamspeedy, Bremp, and Sir Pleb for also "beating the curve".

Top Bottom