Hand Drawn Graphics

Bane Star

World Creator
Update: Ok, Its been 3 months, and 288 Coastal terrains all hand drawn later.. Here it is..The Hand Drawn Graphics Terrain Set. as it is,,.. Its is Incomplete... So Bear with me, If you want a more complete set, then wait for Beta, I only allow it now becuase its playable, and many people have been asking for it...

This Set does Not Have:
City Graphics
Resource Icons
or colour

Some Minor Tweaks
Coastlines. - some more diversity to be added
Jungle/Swamp its currently a messy icon that will change
Plains - Some plains are missing the short grasses
Tundra coast -some gaps small but I notice them...

So here it is:
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/HandDrw.zip

I'll edit this Post as I upgrade.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,622
Nice, really nice :goodjob:
Now you only need city and resource graphics to match it:)

That is simply amazing :eek:! It looks fantastic, and would add another dimension, so to speak. I don’t think it would really need city graphics however. As there is nothing you can do about the units, really. This would sort of add a interactive map, so to speak. What are your plans for this? Great job btw:goodjob:

Yeah, that is a great idea! Something completely different....

:)

Originally posted by Akula
Nice, really nice :goodjob:
Now you only need city and resource graphics to match it:)
Hmmm, Yes but which ones... I've looked at the resouces in Hand Drawn style and Coloured style and really It looks better in colour, Lets you really see where the resources are... But I'll Leave both in the folder when I Zip it up for ya all...
Also Since this is being designed for a fantasy Mod, Most of the Cities I have drawn are Huts, Ancient & Medi-eval... If you ask Nicely I'll Draw the current graphic on Paper, scan them and post them...:rolleyes:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
-speechless-

Looks Great Bane Star. By the way, I noticed you were working on a Fantasy Mod looking for fantasy units, there are plenty on this site, you're welcome to use mine, and I'm pretty sure anyone elses here.

WOW- awesome, the coolest custom map graphics I've seen...well....ever :)

I know several people have already said this, but it never hurts to boost your ego just a little more.;) This is unbelievably great! You've done a perfect job. Please tell me you'll be posting this soon.:goodjob:

Back when I used to make scenarios with Civ2, I tried making a map like this... Looked no where as good as this though.

I think I'd like to give these a whirl! :goodjob:

Very cool!

You might want to alter some of the resources, to fit this map better. I'm primarily thinking of saltpeter (which you maybe won't use, but anyway), but also some other that are too much white/beige/tan. And that Sword-in-the-ground has a too white edge, IMO. I understand it's a work-in-progress, but it's better to say something too early, rather than too late. :)

You know, I like the look of this and personally, I dont think you should replace the resource and city graphics. it adds to the feel of being a general, looking down on a map, though this'd be for a game set in midevil or fantasy bits, but yeah, and the resources and the sort, like the horse, looks kind of like a piece, thus showing where it is...iot already does that but you might understand what i mean...and i sound either confusing or ignorant so I'll disappear for now

Top Bottom