African Color Conversions: African Horseman and African Marine

Sims2789

Fool me once...
Last edited by a moderator:
hmm...pretty nice do you have a preview of the horseman?

African Horseman Attack:

thx looks pretty good. im sick of the impis being white too are you working on changing them too?

just wondering

You need to re-download the African Horseman, since I forgot to put in a lot of the .flc files. If you don't, the unit will not work. If you downloaded it after 2:30 Pacific Time on 7/31/03(add 8 hours for London Time and 3 hours for New York time) then you do not need to re-download it.

African Rifleman Attack:

this post is also reserved by sims2789

i may decide to post all of my color conversions on this thread.

maybe i'll add an African Modern Armor..... ;)

I've been trying to Africanise units, by replacing colors of the palette using the Impi as a model, and gosh it's hard to get a satisfying result.

Good job on those you've done :b: What technique did you use to get it ?

i used the palette of the original white unit but only replaced the skin colors. you only need 1 pallette per unit.

I begun working on the African infantry. So far so good I guess. However, it was quite some work to isolate all skin colours, and to replace them without messing with the trousers and shoes. The result so far still is imperfect, as the helmet has some brown spots on it.

Edit : well, if you want to discuss the method, I've just created a thread on Apolyton about it ('Poly is my usual hangout :) )

Attachments

• blackinfantrydsw.gif
    blackinfantrydsw.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 4,599
Originally posted by Spiffor
I begun working on the African infantry. So far so good I guess. However, it was quite some work to isolate all skin colours, and to replace them without messing with the trousers and shoes. The result so far still is imperfect, as the helmet has some brown spots on it.

Edit : well, if you want to discuss the method, I've just created a thread on Apolyton about it ('Poly is my usual hangout :) )

good job! :)

Well, I've added your units to my game today, and they work well except for sounds. I've fixed the .ini files, and the sound should now be working without problems (these are the sounds of regular riflemen and marines). The fixed .inis are in the attached file.

Attachments

• fixedinis.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 204
Originally posted by Spiffor
Well, I've added your units to my game today, and they work well except for sounds. I've fixed the .ini files, and the sound should now be working without problems (these are the sounds of regular riflemen and marines). The fixed .inis are in the attached file.

THANX! :) :)

I may start making more of these units if I feel like it. I may also do color conversions of units of other races as well.

Great! There is a need for african units. I'm tired of "white" Zulu's. :nono:

Top Bottom