Term 4 Foreign Affairs: Speak Softly and Carry a Big Boot

Bootstoots

Deity
Retired Moderator
Welcome to the Term 4 Foreign Affairs Office. We Fanaticans are nice people who would never attack a country for no reason, or not give in to a righteous tribute demand, or refuse to move our troops off someone's territory (at least that's what we want the foreign countries to think, we may have other plans ;)). Here is where we discuss foreign relations, treaties, peace renegotiataions, and trades, which will be discussed jointly with the Trade Department (also declarations of war, but we don't want our "allies" to know that ;)) I also plan on coming up with Ambassadorships, which will function like mayors except they will advise on a particular country with which we have an embassy.

Also, I will be gone from August 3 - 6 or 7, so Sir John will probably take over the instructions for the second turnchat if it happens during that period of time.

Foreign Affairs Officials:
FA Leader: Bootstoots
FA Deputy: Sir John
FA Chat Rep: unfilled, Apply Now
Ambassador to Egypt: unfilled, Apply Now
Ambassador to Greece: unfilled, Apply Now
Ambassador to Babylon: unfilled, Apply Now

Term 3 Foreign Affairs Office

Code:
Nation          Diplomatic State          Treaties          Embassy
Greece             Peace                     None             Yes
Aztecs             Peace                     None             No
Persia             Peace                Peace Treaty (19)     No
Babylon            Peace                     None             Yes         
Russia             Peace                     None             No
Japan              Peace                     None             No
Egypt              Peace                     None             Yes
America            Peace                     None             No
Germany            Peace                     None             No 
England            Peace                     None             No
China              Peace                     None             No

Message from the Jade House

Bootstoots,

I would like you to try to Recruit people for possition of FA Chat Rep :).

Thanks,
President CivGeneral

I am also now announcing the creation of Ambassadorships. An Ambassador will advise me on foreign relations for one country that we have an embassy with. If you would like to be an Ambassador, or the FA Chat Rep, please apply in this thread. You can be an Ambassador to Greece, Egypt, or Babylon.

Zarn has notified me by PM that he will no longer be Deputy. Therefore, Sir John, as the person who placed third in the elections, has become the new Deputy. He will take over turnchat instructions in my absence.

Also, the FA instructions have been posted.

Any chance that we could have a regularly updated chart of the AI civs' relations with each other as well as our relations with them? It would prove quite useful :)

That's a good idea, Ekl. I will start that chart hopefully before I leave tomorrow on a short vacation.

Leader Bootstoots,

I was just wondering if you were still working on Eklektikos's request and if you are going to update the information in the second post of this thread.

From the Jade House, The Guns of August

We are at war against the Russians (They declared war on us). Falc recomends that we should start investing in MA and Embassies.

Would the FA department please initiate a discussion and/or poll about peace with Russia? My feeling is that we should make peace as soon as we can so long as it doesn't cost us anything.

Originally posted by donsig
Would the FA department please initiate a discussion and/or poll about peace with Russia? My feeling is that we should make peace as soon as we can so long as it doesn't cost us anything.

I think we should wait to try to see if we can get peace with russia. From personal experiance, I beleve its best to try later. If we try now, all we get is "Refuse to agnoulage our Emmisaries".

Can we get RoPs with Greece and Aztecs please so they don't declare war on us. :)

Top Bottom