Term 4 - Quirnial Province, birthplace of Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man

Dark Magus
Welcome to Quirnial Province, birthplace of World-famous demogamer Gingerbread Man!:lol:

Previous Term
Next Turnchat: Saturday August 2, 00:00 GMT

According to Bootstoots, these are my cities, and their Mayors:
Bootia - Bacon King
Gingerbread City - D'yer Mak'er
Yet Another City - zorven
South Bootia - Gainy Bo
DePaolo - Civanator
PDX III - vacant, needs a mayor
Shaitan - vacant, needs a mayor
Cold Harbor - vacant, needs a mayor
Malvern Hill - deshelbr

Delshbr's map:

Well, what is going to happen? First of all, any governors, please tell me your queues.
I will take them through to my final instructions word for word. If I dont like them, I will
ask you permission to change them.

I also realise that I
have quite a lot to live up to in terms of last term. To keep it going well,
this thread will be an RPG thread for the citizens of this province. If popularity rises,
I will make threads in the RPG Forum. To get this going, who has any offices in any of
the cities in this province? Also, I will be appointing land owners, who will have a say
in what happens on their land, i.e. worker instructions etc.

The RPG
The way I will run the RPG is that landowners make taxes on their land. In effect,
it means that if a laborer in a city is working on a tile you own, you earn gpt, at
the rate of:

(commerce the city generates [including corruption]/citizens) per turn

You want as many rich cities working on your land as possible. And sometimes you
will need to win over some laborers from someone else's land to yours. To do that,
request a terrain improvement in your land, and point out the laborer you want
moved to the improved tile. To avoid waste, you can only win over a laborer working
on unimproved land, or a laborer that has newly appeared after the turnchat.

New land can be bought at:
2 gold for your first 5 squares
4 gold for your next 5 squares
6 gold for your next 5 squares
8 gold for every square thereafter.

Landowners start with 10 gold.
You must buy land adjacent to your existing land.
You may buy land off others, for the prices above.
You may sell land back to the government for the above prices, minus 2 gold per tile.
The tax rate is:

(1 gold per tile - 5) per turn

so in effect, you will be given money if you own < 5 tiles.
Please PM me any land purchases, sales, etc.
The aim of the game is to have the most amount of money by the term's end.

Again, if this gains popularity, I will move it to the RPG forum. I am doing this to encourage
people to look at our land, and see what can be improved. Hopefully the landowners
(who will play this game) will scour the landscape looking for laborers working
unimproved tiles, or finding better tiles to work. If there are more than two or three players,
this will be moved to RPG forums.

Sounds great, GBM. I would be interested in becoming a landowner in the Quirnial RPG; how do I become one to start? Also, you might want to have a provision for businesses too, it would add a different aspect to the game other than simply owning land. And maybe the landowners could sell tiles to each other for any price they wanted, not just the ones listed above. This does look like a good idea. :D

Also, you'll be happy to note that Quirnial Province borders have been finalized according to this poll.

BTW, I noticed your Worms avatar. :D I used to play Worms Armageddon quite a bit, but the game is relatively unstable on my computer.

Welcome Gingerbread Man :) Im happy to have you as my governor.

South Bootia is currently building a library. I would prefer if this was changed back to a temple. A library would do no good, because the rate of corruption is so high no extra science output would be created. However, if this would result in the waste of shields then forget it (swap the temple for the library in queue)

Build Queue:

Temple
Courthouse
Marketplace
Library
Aqueduct

Another querie...
South Bootia is currently growing very slowly. At the moment it is due to grow in 17 turns. I request that a forest be chopped down next to South Bootia, or if not possible... allow South Bootia to work the tile directly NW of it (currently being used by Gingerbread City).

If you could do this, id be grateful :)

ps: I'm a big fan of Worms 2 :D

The City Of Malvern Hill

Governor Gingerbread Man,

1475 AD A Courthouse in Malvern Hill is paramount. Two neighboring cities on the Quirnial Penninsula have already flipped to Aztecland and without one we will not be able to build the cultural improvements necessary to ensure against Malvern Hill flipping.

If it is possible to get the Courthouse rushed, that would change the outlook of Malvern Hill over the next three turnchats.

The current build queue for Malvern Hill is:

1. Courthouse (66 turns to go)
2. Library (80)
3. Harbor (40)

This shows my order of preference for laborer placement at this point:

This shows what I would like workers in the area working on:

Welcome home to Quirnial, and congratulations on winning the elections! I too, am looking forward to having you as govenor this term.

I was wondering if you want us mayors posting our suggestions on buildques and worker actions in this thread previous to each turnchat, or if you prefer visiting the respective city threads? if you want them here, then, like deshelbr asked, would you prefer us posting new posts with instructions each TC, or just editing our old posts?

I was also thinking about creating some kind of system for coordinating all the worker actions in the province. currently, as I have understood it, each mayor is free to post his or her requests on which tiles needs to be improved and in which order, but there is no overall plan over worker actions that is easy for the DP to read and follow. I would be happy to aid the province in cerating some kind of office for collecting, prioritize, and mapping all the requested worker actions into a format that could be posted along with the buildques in the turnchat instructions thread. It could look something like the image with requested worker actions that i'll include in my next post (recuested build ques and worker actions). however, something like this would be a powerful tool, and would with the currrent laws and constitution (i think) need either the executive power of the Govenor of the province, or, if the Govenor decides to decentralize power to the mayors, some kind of council consisting of the mayors, whose approval would be required to pass the final turnchat request.

All, please input your thoughts on this idea.

sincerely
D'yer Mak'er

1425 AD

Suggested build que

1. Marketplace
2. Temple

Requested worker actions

Irrigate and rail one of these three tiles to increase growth.

Hey! Doesn't the Deputy Governor get some recognition?! :p

BTW, it appears that when I named this province, I misspelled its name. The Roman hill was actually called Quarinal, not Quirnial. So, should we keep Quirnial or change it to Quarinal?

Wow, I just want to say how great it is to see all these faces. It looks like the SPDG is surviving without me :D :lol:!

Goonie, we don't need you any more ;)

I always thought the name of the province was Quirinial... :mischief:
I prefer Quirnial.

I originally posted this in the city thread for Yet Another City:

Originally posted by zorven
Contratulations Governor Gingerbread Man [party]

I hope you will allow me to continue my service as Mayor of Yet Another City.

Speaking of....

I have posted my current build que and worker requests in the post above. However, I see that we are experiencing higher corruption than I had expected. Therefore, please revise the build que as follows to move Courthouse higher in the que:

1) Library
2) Courthouse
3) Granary
4) Aquaduct
5) Harbor
6) Marketplace
7) University

Your Mayor,

zorven

I would say we just keep the existing spelling.

deshelbr,

I like your map. I would like to see the provincial borders on there as well. Also, what do the letters in white diamonds mean on some of the cities?

Two issues of importance:

1) So far, who wants to play this RPG game? it will only be one term long, so there's no huge commitment. I will advertise it in my sig.

2) Queues so far:
All Queues:
Yet Another City: Library, Granary, Aqueduct.

Bootia: Aqueduct, Granary, Courthouse

Gingerbread City: Library, Harbour, Aqueduct

South Bootia: Switch to courthouse (request Rush), Library, Aqueduct

DePaolo: switch to Courthouse (Request Rush), Caravel.

PDXIII: Switch to courthouse (Request Rush), Temple, Library

Shaitan: Switch to courthhouse (Request Rush), Temple, Library

Malvern Hill: Temple (Request Rush), Courthouse (Request Rush)

Cold Harbour: Temple (Request Rush), Courthouse (Request Rush)

I will edit these to comply with governors' instructions.

Top Bottom