Game Play Instruction Thread, Wed., September 17th, 7:00 pm CDT, 00:00 GMT(Thu)

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
This is the Game Play Instruction Thread for Wednesday, September 17th. The session will start at 7:00 pm CDT, 00:00 GMT (Thur), 02:00 RMT (Thur).

This will NOT be a traditional game play session. We will be meeting in #demogame to discuss the progress of this term, to examine our options for the future and establish the plans. This conversation will be only about the current Demogame. Please save all discussion about future Demogames for after this chat, or another time.

There will be an agenda to keep the discussion focused, and I will be keeping to that agenda. Any citizen may request an item to be added to the agenda by posting in this thread. I will determine the order.

Please keep all posts here to requests for the agenda only

This is not a discussion thread!
The discussion thread is located here.

Agenda (7:50pm, 9/14/03):

Current Demogame:
Code:
    Progress to date
      Review of borders
        Northern Border
        Souther Border (Quirnial)
        Southern Border (Cælian)
    Plans for future of [b]this[/b] term
      Land Development
      Scientific Research
      Military Projects
      Size 12 Plan
    Plans for Modern Age of [b]this[/b] Demogame
      Modern Age wonders
      Spaceship parts

Suggestions for improvement of Executive Branch
    Suggestions for improvement of Legislative Branch
    Suggestions for improvement of Judicial Branch
I will be maintaining the log for this session.

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

edit: removed all reference to a future demogame

Lets keep discussion on DG4 separate to discussion on this game.
DG4 needs its own chat session and a more detailed agenda.

Just my thoughts. :)

Originally posted by Peri
Lets keep discussion on DG4 separate to discussion on this game.
DG4 needs its own chat session and a more detailed agenda.

Just my thoughts. :)

Good suggestion, Peri. Changes made.

-- Ravensfire

Since we won't be able to build all of them lets prioritise the Great Wonders and work out which cities will build them.

Also we should give consideration to planning which cities will build the spacshp parts.

The Emperor's Hand's Watch

5:00pm PDT
6:00pm MDT
7:00pm CDT
8:00pm EDT

12:00am Thurs GMT
1:00 am Thurs CET

Here is the time sheet, Sorry for not posting one in the earlyer TC.

Please note that the Governor of Cælian won't be present at this "discussion", and that I pass the representation of Cælian to my deputy, Bacon King, and to my Chat represantant, Deshelbr.

Thanks to everyone who attended.

I'm posting a quick summary of the chat, the log will go up sometime tonight.

Our major area of concern was the security of Fanatican borders. To the north, we share a border with Greece. The terrain is mountainous and difficult. Greece does not have any large cities near the border, and limited transportation. With the forces we have in that area, our Military Leader, Peri, is convinced the Northern border is secure.

To the south we border the Aztecs. They already have several troops on Fanatican soil that we cannot remove. Their government is not friendly towards Fanatica. To review the situation, Peri worked out several scenarios.

From a defensive viewpoint, we have nothing to fear from the Aztecs. They do not have the technology to defeat our defenders on the border. Should they declare a war and attack, the result will be dead Aztecs littering the ground.

The Aztecs do have enough technology to make an offensive by us into their lands a prohibitively expensive one. Peri estimates that about 30 more Cavalry would be required to successfully take the portion of Azteca on our side of the mountain range. Of that force, most would die.

With the addition of tanks, the scenario changes. Even 10 tank units dramatically alters the odds. A slow, deliberate attack with tanks will succeed with minimal casualties

Domestically we are in great shape! The concentrated building program of my term has improved the lives of Fanatican citizens, extended the railroad everywhere, given the vote to all citizens and brought Fanatica back to the top! We still have challenges though. In the south, the cultural borders of Cold Harbor and Malvern are under attack - we need to push some culture there.

At our current rate of research, we have fewer than 25 turns before we reach the Modern Age. Once we get to the Modern Age, I've outlined a plan by which we can achieve our goal of a spaceship victory in under 65 turns! This can only happen if the proper work is done this term.

Many of our top cities have completed their infrastructure building. I would like to see those cities work with the Military Leader on producing troops for our defense, and removing some of the outdated Legions. By the end of my term, I want all high-production cities (50 spt+) to have their infrastructure complete, and be ready for the Modern Age.

Citizens, thanks for your support during a great few weeks - let's take this term into the Modern Age!

-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

Top Bottom