Giga Map of Middle Earth

Private Byrne

Her Loyal servant
This is my first post, so sorry if anything doesn't work right.

Below is a link to my gigantic map of middle earth, it not entirly finish though, There are large parts of the map with no resources but other wise I think its pretty good.

This is my poor attempt at a preview.

The Map is for Play the World

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads5/GBs_ME.zip

OMG! Possibly one of the best maps ever!!! Welcome, Private Byrne! U have already made one of the greatest maps on these forums! And at only one post! Welcome, once more! [dance][dance][dance][dance]

Hmm... I would probably be saying the same thing - it even looks awesome in the preview - but I don't have PTW ;_; Would you be willing to post a .bic conversion, Private Byrne? Welcome to the forums, btw!

::goes back into lurker mode::

terrific looking map, i would download right away, but my computer doesn't like giga-maps too much.

The preview looks awesome :thumbsup:

I'm not sure (I'm not at PC with civ3 installed), but...
I think that bix cannot be saved as bic with the PTW editor. However, bic can be opened in PTW editor, and saved as bix. So this would mean, that the map cannot be converted directly to bic-format, i'm afraid... :(

Oh, welcome to cfc :)

Oops! Sorry! I an only convert .bic to .bix, not the other way around! :sad:

Heh, thas okay. Thanks, though ^_^ I'll just have to wait until Conquests comes out, or just get of my lazy butt and stop putting off buying PTW. =P Thanks for your time - and, IMHO, great debut to the boards!

-Regards,
Kyrillion

BEautiful map. Could use more desert in the Harad waste thought. I love the giant rivers :goodjob:

The map is nice, though the first image that come to my mind is founding of a new city "New New Minas Tirith 23" ;)

I didn't make the map so it could be filled with cities, I always thought of middle earth as being a vast emtpy wilderness where some one could easily hide. I intended this map to be use as an adventure scenario, not a clashof empires.

I may make a Middle-Earth: Total War scenario with this map...You'd just pick a Middle Earth civ and duke it out...What other scenario would allow the Shire to defeat Gondor and Mordor? :lol:

great looking map, but can you put start positions, and stuff like naming the civs to ME civs, and the like or post a version where you imported the map to a ME mod. But it is still great.

I've already created a mod from this map with all the names and some of the units that have been created, but since there is already a mod being worked on, I don't want to release mine.

Plus, its not very user friendly.

Sorry Coke_Cola

Top Bottom