PLEASE PLEASE HELP cant play hotseat

Zalcron

Prince
Someone pelase help, i have had conquests for 1 week and when i try hotseat from the m/p menu the setup screen comes on but i cant select any options, even clivking the X exit button does nothing!!

Also m/p falls flat on its ass as well i cant join or host games!

Its not my firewall and other m/p games work fine!

Please help

I'm having the same problem when I try to host a LAN game.

apparently not. Seems people only care if they have the same problem.

There is no need to angry with the helpfull people in this forum, there is a chance that no one knows how to answer you question.

However in an attempt to try and renew your faith in these forums, I will attempt to help you with your problem. I will not do it in this thread, as there are two threads that address this exact same issue, see:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45359

I was just getting annoyed by the whole thing, but there's a few other threads about it too around here. I'm posting in all of them.

I wish we could figure out what is causing this issue in so many different pcs.

So im guessing no-one has any thoughts as to what is causing this dam problem? iv'e exhuasted all my own.

Originally posted by Zalcron
So im guessing no-one has any thoughts as to what is causing this dam problem? iv'e exhuasted all my own.

Seriously, I have given up for now.

Alright, I tried the new patch and still no luck.

Try to reinstall Windows. If windows find some like dial up card or
something else don't uninstall this even you haven't this. (On my win98 if i uninstall dial up card and few something, wchich i haven't this problem appears again) And sorry for my english

Having similar issues with C3 Complete,can't do anything with hotseat.

I don't know why reinstalling XP would do anything

Any other ideas?

Idk, maybe it's your discs. I've had conquests since it came out and every time I've played a hotseat or any other multiplayer game, it always worked perfectly.;) :D :D :D :lol:

This is weird but I found out how I can get multiplayer to work on my laptop. I figure it must be caused by poor coding for multiplayer or Gamespy. It seems Firaxis hardcoded something that requires your computer to receive a message from the Gamespy server otherwise it won't load properly.

After just happening to load up the MP window when my laptop was connected to the internet, I was able to see all the buttons and arrows and was able to load up a game properly. The thing is I usually only play hotseat or LAN and therefore not connected to the internet when I play. Just to be sure, I turned off my Wi-Fi to disconnect from the internet, reloaded the game and it went right back to hanging on the MP screen. I repeated this a few times to be sure and it did the same as above. My win98 computer is connected to the internet at all times, but for my vista laptop I use Wi-Fi which I usually only have on when I'm actually surfing the net. I'm not sure how helpful this is to others, but it works for me.

sry guys but i didnt mess around with multi yet, dont think i will it realy isnt made for multi

Top Bottom