RBC4B - The Bloody Incas MesoAmerica Conquest

hotrod0823

Deity
The Great Leader Sapa-Inca Pachuti (Some say Pachuti other say Peyoti) sits in a hut contemplating life seeing visions of great wars and bloodshed of all his enemys upon the sacrifical alter.

Culture with a military flare for the dramatic. My "vision" or delusions created by smoking my name sake have shown me the light. In the honor of fallen heros we will devote 5 Cities to the Gods. Each city shall be brought the unwashed minons of our foes for sacrifics to our Gods. Virococha (God of Creation), Inti (Thee sun and Father of our Inca Dynasty), Illapa(God of Rain, thunder and Lightening, and Mama Cocha ( Mother of Lakes).

All who serve the enemy shall be given onto the Gods!

With the power of Exploration and Agriculture we shall grow and prosper to bring our 5CC to be the Awe of all we contact.

Here is the start:

We start with 4 units A Scout, A settler, A warrior and A worker.

There are 2 lux near by furs and tobacco.

Birds are a bonus resource that is required to Make The Temple of Kukulcan. Makes 3 unhappy content but give 3 culture points as well. A bit steep for 400 shields. They also allow Quetzal Bowman a 3.1.1 60 shield archer.

There are 2 stone Quarries, needed for Pyramids and 2 city improvements. Stela makes 1 unhappy content and a Temple.

And a set of Llamas required to build Tambo, again makes 2 citizens content and increases lux tax by 50%.

I didn't copy all Charis rules here but the goal is a 7k culture victory with only 5 cities. This is a real challenge. The cities may not overlap and each city is devoted to sacrificing 1 of the rival civs enslaved units.

Also there is no buying on credit to help curb the problems with the gpt deals.

I will be starting tomorrow! Comments and strategy are always welcome.

Roster:

Hotrod
Rubberjello
Sir Bugsy
Gormdragon
Kuningas

Quick Rules:

• 5 CC
  • No city overlap
  • 7K Culture victory (must have 2x culture of all rivals :eek:
  • Blood Cult Government
  • Your credits no good here !
  • Deity
  • Only Whip the Capital and its encouraged
  • Each rival will have a designated "sacrificial" City

Good to go!!! :D

Heh! If I saw that start on an epic game, I would have been scrambling for the "New Game" button! (I've got to override by reflex reaction that "Jungle is bad".
Checking in.

Agricultural will be an interesting trait to explore.

I'll need to dig into the civilopedia. Is the Quetzal Bowman our UU and does it enslave? We need to start the enslavement early... gorm's dream job.

Edit - Here's a question that I thought of while reading the team "A" thread. Can we sacrifice workers that we purchase? They'll be slaves from that culture, so we may have that option.

Thoughts?

Quetzal bowman isn't anyone's UU. It's a general sort of souped-up archer. :)

Originally posted by Sir Bugsy
Edit - Here's a question that I thought of while reading the team "A" thread. Can we sacrifice workers that we purchase? They'll be slaves from that culture, so we may have that option. Thoughts?

I THINK the previous RBCiv guidelines apply, in that we are only allowed one Worker purchase per opposing Civ during the entire game. With only one worker available for purchase, your question is almost moot, as one additional sacrifice is no big thing.

We have the special Chasqui scout as a 2.1.1 UU with Enslavement. Enslavement is a tech we need to research and I think we should make that a priority.

Workers can be bought but not sacrificed (think I read that in the orginal discussion thread).

Jungle has been changed to provide 2 food I believe and the city core has 3 because we are agricultural. Like wise the turns to clear jungle has also been reduced.

I will start later tonight and be looking to explore to the NW as we start on the SE corner of the map. First City will be somewhere on the river to the NW to get our extra food bonuses.

There's no reason to clear jungle in this scenario, as jungle = bonus grassland.

Plus all terrains sans flood plains (including Hills, mountains, and Jungles) can be irrigated and mined. I think Desert can't be settled as well (but I think they only exist on some islands and in Azteca).

Originally posted by Yom
There's no reason to clear jungle in this scenario, as jungle = bonus grassland.

Right. Plus the Roading of jungle tiles have been reduced down to 3 turns also. (So I've heard)

RBC 4b

300 AD (0): We are in the SE corner of the worlds and are surround by mountains to the east and the west. A River runs to the NW. Will begin scouting to the NW to check our surroundings. Moving the Warrior to check the local area. Up lux to 10%. Moving scout settler and worker NW. Scouts still are slow in the jungle not sure if having them is going to be a benifit. Start a granary. Research on Cermonial bruial on the path to Ritual Sacrifice. Due in 27 turns.

310 AD (1): Put the warrior back in the captial. Lux back to 0% and CB due in 20 turns.Oh-Oh we already see barbs.

320 AD (2): zzz

330 AD (3): :eek: well I found the barb hut moved the scout right next to it. A nice peace of land in the area. Will be city number 2.

340 AD (4): Barbs are coming from the SE too. Perhaps a granary wasn't the best Idea. Pop a hut and get a much needed warrior. Never thought I'd say that.

350 AD (5): Found Tiwanaku. Maize, game, are in the area. There appears to be some nice forest over the other side of the Andes mountains. Starts a worker.

360 AD (6): Kill a barb camp for 25 gold. The conscript didn't promote. Spot a hut to the North and more maize.

370 AD (7): Pop a hut and we get maps. Lux to 10% to avoid riots in Cuzco. Spot our first "friend" to feed our sacrificial fires. NO contact yet but a red boarder.

380 aD (8): Tiwanaku needs some help to not waste food. Looks like I missplaced our first city by 1 tile to the SW if I was one more tile NW we would have a mega food city.

390 AD (9): Lux to 20%. NO contact yet.

400 AD (10): Spot our first rivals the Moche. All he has that we don't is CB. With 2 turns to go I'll just let it finish.

410 AD (11): CB next turn. Spot another barb camp in the West.

420 AD (12): Learn CB start on Ritual Sacrifice. Tiwanaku builds a worker starts a barracks as a prebuild for a temple. NO wait we need stone to make a temple. Argh okay being that Tiwanaku is a huge food city I will get another worker just for a colony. That will allow a temple earliery.

430 AD (13): Continueing to explore to the north.

440 AD (14): Cuzco builds a granary starts a warrior.

450 aD (15): Furs are online but not connected to Tiwanaku yet. Our scout is continueing north. Cuzco is building a warrior to be completed next turn. I would send him to the NE to check out the forest and perhaps city number 3 spot. I think a settler should come next and should match nicely with growth. Ritual Sacrifice is due in 16 turns running at 70% and -2gpt but once furs are online for Tiwanaku we can drop lux. We need a stone colony to speed the temple. That is why I started another worker at the Obscene food city of Tiwanaku.

Here is the save:

http://civfanatics.net/uploads6/RBC4b-450AD.zip

As far as worker actions. Road through jungle are 3 turns. Mines are 10 and clearing jungle is 8. We don't know how to irrigate yet.

I am already begining to think we are in for a rude awakening. The key for us to get the culture required I think starts with an early temple and Sacrifical Alters.

Our lands are not bad the jungles are good sources of food and with mines will be nice shield producers. Our cities will not be a problem but determining where to put the other 3 may be a bigger issue.

The mountains really cut the NE are off to us but there appears to be a river in that direction. I would send a warrior to check it out and then follow it up with a settler.

Wars will need to come early but not too early. We want to have enslavement and plenty of our UU to do the job. I think this game will become a lot like the Aztec SGs where green men swarmed and attacked in waves. With only 33% chance of getting a slave we will need a lot of units.

Also, we want our wars to last a long, long, long time. Infact we probably want to avoid cities and focus on the units. That is not to say that workers from razed cities would not be useful.

Just a few random ramblings.

Enjoy!

Hotrod

Thanks for the rules comments/questions, I've summarized them with small changes in the RBCA and RBCiv SG Discussion thread:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&threadid=68410

Key changes/clarifications:
- One city handles enslaved units of one tribe exclusively
We'll probably revise the city name once blood has been spilt on its altar.
- A sacrifical altar with no blood ever spilt would be a disgrace! Don't build altar unless you're SURE you will get units from that civ to sacrifice.
- Captured workers and enslaved units must be sacrificed immediately once we have an altar in place in the city of their tribe. (They can work land before this, but not after altar is built)
Note that building a road along the path where they are captured to the home city would be acceptable. Conversely, I would probably not sacrifice any units until the sac altar was ready.
- If we get enslaved units from ALL other civs, then the capital may also build a sacrificial altar and sacrifice units from the fifth civ. :cool:

Good luck!
Charis

An idea for the team. Since we have to sacrifice all captured workers from any one tribe at the same city, perhaps we should do two things to make it easier on us to keep track of who goes where to die.

Lets say we decide to sacrifice Aztecs at Tiwanaku. We should rename the city Tiwanaku-A (A for Aztecs). Then a dope like myself could see the nationality of a slave and know I need to move him to a specific city to become a useful member of society.

I won't be offended if someone thinks I'm smoking :smoke:

Smoke-Bugsy

Originally posted by Kuningas
A lot of modified rules. Sure, I can handle them.

*Eyes glaze over* Maybe I'll print them out and staple them to my forehead. ;)
Got it. Will try and finish and post tonight (PST)

Renaming the cities is a good idea :thumbsup:

Rules are pretty straight forward and I think will make this a big challenge. We are far way from almost all the civs and it will take a lot of time to bring them to the alter.

"Reading the C3C manual on enslaving" :blush:

The founding father and renowned peyoti addict Sapa-Inca "Hotrod" Pachuti lies dead. Everyone suspect a massive overdose, but little did they suspect that his last allotment, personally delivered by his whacked out assistant - Rubberjello (Some say his parents were even more whacked out - naming their kid like that!). He vociferously denied the rumors that the peyoti was laced with curare. ;)

460 (1) Cuzco: Warrior->Settler. Settler due in 5, coinciding in growth to size 6. Warrior randomly wanders off to kill some barbs and explore to the East. Our next city probaby should be in the NW towards our competition though. But then again, we need to get a quarry hooked up and if we can settle the new city into a cultural extension of Cuzco that covers one of the quarries, that would be sweet and saves us a worker/colony. The previous ruler (may he dream in eternal excstatic drug-induced bliss) made mention of heading NE, but he must have been hitting that peyoti stuff pretty hard because that is all Rain Forest which is impassible to us for this scenario. (Bunch of sissy people! What? Are they afraid of getting attacked by a bunch of deranged eco-terrorists?) Kill a barb in the SE, but another shows up defending their hut. (This is in fact where Rubberjello learned about curare, and the need to cover the evidence is paramount!

470 (2) Too late. The dang Moche already grabbed the next city spot I was eyeing. Tiwanaku: Worker->Worker Kill barb in hut and glean 25 gold to support my rubber-smoking habit. (Rubber not being discovered yet was only a small setback to this addiction!)

480 (3) Barb is killed on a mountaintop. Our now elite warrior scrambles to the top to see what he can see --- RAINFOREST EVERYWHERE!!! *(Starts looking for the tech that introduces Chainsaws and Bulldozers)* In a fit of depression, RJ smokes some more rubber-that-has-not-been-invented-yet and has strange dreams of strip-farming and clear-cutting at 40 acres per hour rate sometime in the future.

490 (4) The road between our two cities is complete. Worker moved to start a quarry colony. Scout in NW still has not spotted any new victi...errr...Civs. I'm getting desperate to find a good city spot - pushing our wounded warriors south and southeast to scout out areas. Drop Lux to 0%, and crank research to 90%.

500 (5) Thuggish, single-brow, inarticulate, white-togaed, Governer-of-California-type threatens our wimpy scout in the north. He starts heeling and toeing back to the South as he is trapped against the Rainforest to the East. This is REALLY going to slow down our contacts :( Colony settled on quarry.

510 (6) Cuzco: Settler->Warrior. Tiwanaku: Worker->Temple. Scout pauses for a turn as he has not been pursued. Pop a hut in the SW and learn Alphabet!!! Woohoo! Where to send the settler? Hmmmm... Rubberjello, naturally a coward and proud graduate of Rinceweed's School of Ducking Responsibility &#153, briefly considers deferring the choice to the next leader, but finally decides to have it head south to two game squares (but no river). The Moche have learned Warrior Code. They would not trade for any of our techs singly. I had to give them Alphabet and Pottery (and a rude gesture) for their Warrior Code and 10 gold.

520 (7) Our Scout in the north is screwed (but not dead yet!) There is a barb camp up there, and a barb who is simply fortified on the choke point with the Rain Forest. There is no way past them. We need to send a warrior north to break through to the other civs.

530 (8) Cuzco: Warrior->Settler. Warrior heads north. There is a coastal/Maize site to the SE that is a possible city location, but not next to a river.

540 (9) This decade passed in a smoke-induced haze.

550 (10) The city of Machu Pichu is founded on top of an Incense hill. Incense, while it can be smoked, seems to be only hallucinaginic to gods. Rubberjello, in a fit of dispair about this discovery, shut himself in a small room full of burning rubber sap and asphyxiated. He left some demands that his body was to be thrown off the tallest cliff to see how far he would "bounce" ;) (Lux increased to 10%. Ritual Sacrifice due in 2. Next Settler due in 4.)

The Game (550)

Roster:

Hotrod
Rubberjello
Sir Bugsy <---- up now
Gormdragon (on deck)
Kuningas

[pimp] Didn't realize the forest was impassible. :p

That makes our city selection that much harder. We can ofcourse take a city from our neighbors.

Top Bottom