Tales from the insane and suicidal

Strider

In Retrospect
"The say the mind bends and twists to deal with the horrors of life, well, sometimes the mind bends so far it snaps in two."

Details:
Huge Map
16 Civs
Mayans
Emporer
Pangea
80% water
Random Barbs
Wet
Warm
5 Billion
EXTREMELY agressive AI's

Game created, story should be start later tonight or tommorow morning.

Evening of the fifth day

It was the dawn of the 5th day, I had led the tribe east, as ordered, but the rest of my commands were, fuzzy. What do we do after the 5th day? We were suppose to stay here, but what would happen. Yes, they were suppose to come, but why didn't we just stay in the village to meet? I stood there, kind of stupidly, answering my own various questions in my head, as the rest of the tribe stared at me waiting for orders. I came to my sense's then, and quickly decided on what needs to be done. "Get Firewood!!! Were settling here tonight!!!" I watched as the various men, and some older boys started hunting down firewood, while there wife's and little children start unpacking and settling down. I grabbed my pack with a quick thank you to a young boy who had been nice enough to carry it for me, while I ran ahead and behind the tribe scouting. I found a nice spot, far away from everyone else, to settle down for the night. I layed my stuff down and quickly went to find firewood for my own fire.

It was later that night, half-laying half sitting by my fire, that I started to look closer at our surroundings. There was a river not very far from our location, and across the river was a rather large forest, and from the looks of it, wealthy in game. In the opposite direction were flat plains, perfect for herding. I wondered if this was where they wanted us to end up. "Prolly", I muttered as I thought of my uncles. They were all smart, a were my top three advisors. My best advisors also, even though at times, they seemed alittle it insane. Of course, I owe part of my ruling to them, when my father died, some of the elders thought it would be better to put somebody older and more mature incharge, instead of me, a young boy yet 21 seasons old, but my uncle's, they were the one's that talked everyone out of it.

Of course, when they said that I need to march 5 days east and then stop and wait for them, I was ultimatly confused, and as always, they supplied no answer. That is one bad thing about my uncle's, they never supply a "why," they only tell you what to do, but never why you are doing it.

I looked down at my food to notice that I had thought to long, and it was burning. I quickly took it off, and went back to thinking while it cooled down. After several minutes of intense staring at a bird, which was understandably freaked, I averted my gaze down to my food, and went back to thinking. After alittle while, I came back alife and started eating my, now cold, food.

Most of the tribe was already done eating, and was about to go to sleep. I quickly picked 4 men to take first watch, and then decided to settle down myself.

I woke up the next morning, well, waking isn't really the term for it, as I never fell to sleep to begin with, but otherwise I got up, sore, tired, and with the natural urge to lay back down and fall asleep. Of course, I knew that no matter how much I wanted to, I had to get up.

I looked around me at the various tents or other devices that the tribe had put together to protect them from the rain, this lead me to believe that I had actually fallen asleep for a short time, as I don't remember it raining, but my cloths were defiantly wet, as I did not sleep with any protection, funny thing.

"I see you've cleaned yourself up nicely," I spun around quickly to see who it was, to see, my Uncle Mac, behind him were noneother then my Uncle Press and Uncle Tommy. "heh, what are you doing here?," I muttered slightly annoyed at there arriving at the less expected time. To this my Uncle Press replied "What do you think were doing here you numwit? Now, Go clean yourself up." I waited a few seconds and was about to ask a question, but a commanding "Well, What are you waiting for! Go!" had me rushing to obey.

Now, as explained before, my uncles were strange men. I knew little about there past life, I wasn't even a hundred percent sure they were my real uncle's, but after cleaning myself up some, I wasn't in the less bit surprised to find all three of them promptly arguring over who the finest cook is. Now, this would seem like a fairly decent topic, if they were planning to cook any time soon, and when I came up, that was exactly what I thought. "What are you going to cook?" I asked sliding down onto the ground and returning to my half-sit, half-lay poiston. "Nothing you stupid boy, does it look like were going to cook" snapped Uncle Mac, "Well, no, but I thought," "Well, that's your problem right there!! You Thought!!!"

After this statement I decided to remain quite and fell into a half-asleep state, obviously thinking about Emily. Of course, my fantasies were ruined later when my Uncle Press promptly punched me, hard, on the top of the head. "Listen up, boy, you need to hear this," I quickly sat up, dazed, and trying to figure out what happened. I muttered some words of apology for not being so attentive, and listened to there arguements of which way a river is suppose to flow, why birds sing, and wether or not animals can feel pain. I could tell, that this was a heated debate, defiantly when Uncle Press and Uncle Tommy got into a fist fight over it, but none of them posed any interest at all to me, and it wasn't long until I was back to my dreams of Emily.

I stayed in a daze stay for most of the afternoon, surprising how just one topic can hold my attention for several hours, but nonetheless, I was rudely brought up for "the discussion of important matters," or punched, again, to listen to another pointless debate, or so I thought. I turned out that this wasn't a debate at all, but the concern that actually brought the pillgrimage here.

"The barbarians are becoming aggressive, and so are many of the neighboring tribes," came a statement from Uncle Press. "We have lived for a very long time, small, peacefully, and not concerned for much outside of the tribe, but that has to change soon." I had barely soaked that in when a statement from Uncle Mac gave me more to think about, "Yes, we must take action, people are wanted more land, and power. We must compete with them, or we will get conquered by a neighbor." There was a few seconds of silence inwhich I blurted out "What was this useless journay for then!! Could you have not just told me that back at the village!!" This got me another hard punch from uncle press "No, you idoit!! Don't you see, were planning ahead. This is the perfect area to start building a, what do they call 'em, yes, empire. We must compete with our neighbors, or we will fall." This didn't really make any sense to me, why would anyone want to start war with another tribe, what would the purpose of that be? At this point it was nearing night, and a statement from myself over my thoughts promptly earned me another punch and a loud order to go to bed. I decided to obey, and gathered up my few personal professions and moved down closer to the river, layed out my bed, and quickly fell asleep.

To Be continued

The story will move kind of slow for awhile, I'm still trying to decide on a good writing style, but this is kind of hard to write up, and will get even harder as I can't plan events out before hand, but have to go along with the game.

Early Night of the 7th Day

I was awoken the next morning by a loud scream. Well, atleast I think it was the scream, it might have been the arrow that buried itself inside of my pillow, or even the war cry as acouple dozen barbarians charged in.

Now, my tribe was not a warring one, our only skill in battle was with the bow and arrow, and that only being for hunting, but of course this animal we wouldn't eat after we killed it. I immediantly jumped up and ran for the camp. The barbarians were still alittle ways off. When I got there, men were already gethering up there weapons. I must admit, that at this time I was surprised by the sheer bravery of my people. Not a single person ran or hid, but prepared for battle. I immediantly started barking out orders arranging the troops in military form. The barbarians by this time, had gotten well into firing range, and a few men has already fired and were re-loading. I noticed that many of them seemed to be waiting for a command, so I quickly ordered, "Release!!" In less than five seconds, 13 arrows ended 13 lives. I ordered the few men who felt comfortable using an axe or sword forward to defend the archers. They had barely moved into poistion when the barbarians clashed. Almost immediantly the line fell as men ducked and dodged on-coming arrows. Though, I was generaly happy to see the line quickly re-formed, with very little empty spaces.

Now, while this was going on my uncle's had managed to order around two dozen archers which they had taken before I got there, to climb into tree's to the left of the camp. Now, this was one tatic I must have missed, because to my understanding it is pretty insane and suicidal, to sit in a tree while trying to aim at pass heads. Of course, it was because of this that we discovered another group of barbarians, who as you would expect, or more intent on the battle infront of them, then looking at the old pine tree's above them. So that was one, problem taken care of.

Dawn of the 7th Day

The battle had gone bad, really bad. Of course, we still won, but lost 163 men while doing it. By this time we were gathering up our dead, and throwing the barbarians inside of the river. I was sitting, uncomfortably close to the fire as emily nursed a rather nasty axe cut on my upper right arm. It was there that I received the news, the news that changed everything.

Many of the "barbarians" that attacked us had Incan symbols written on there skin & weapons. We weren't attaked by barbarians, we were attacked by our neighboring tribe, in Incan's.

--------------
Authors Note: As I've yet to start the game (still in 4000 B.C.), I'm scrapping the old map and making a new map with locked alliance's and wars, just to make it more interesting.

Night of the Seventh Day

"The Incans attacked our homeland!!! They killed our warriors!!! We can not let them get away with such an atrocity!!! The Incans MUST be punished for this wrong-doing!!! On this day, The 7th Day of the Cool season (fall nowaday's) the Mayan Civilization declares war on the Incan Civilization!! Yes, Civilization, we have heard of the great Civilizations in far-away lands, large tribe's with hordes of gold, with cities so large it is unbeiliveable. We have the willpower, determination, strenght, and intelligence to become the greatest of all Civilizations!!! And let this dream of a great Mayan dynasty never fail."

Arrrgh! Shield & food dots, my arch nemsis!;)

All in all looks great. Good luck!

As some of you may already know, my girlfriend was in a car accident this morning, and is hurt pretty badly. So, I'm sad to say there isn't going to much on this story though, but I will finish it once I get the time, though fate has set itself against me, but I'll prove stronger.

Strider

I'm back home, I'll start this back up again tommorow.

"With a surge of vengence, for loved one's and friends, the Mayan people, my people, became one of the great civilizations, faster than any other tribe around. Now, wether we survive to tell the stories of other great civilizations, or dwindled away into stories and myths, has yet to be seen. "

We quickly got housing, gardens, and defense's up, and after a long debate, named our newly formed "city" Chichen Izta. I quickly ordered to warrior squads to scout out the area. One lead by General Gengis Khan and the other by my loyal advisor Wizard. A third one was formed shortly afterwar, led by General CivGeneral.

Shortly after our third squad headed out, a Persian squad entered within range of our cities bordor. After a long discussion, I agreed to meet the Persian Leader Xerxes, but after a long debate, could not reach any trade agreements. Nonetheless, I believed this meeting benefitted my people, and gave us a loyal allie.

I returned, to find (to my great dismay I might add) that my uncle's had decided to send some of my people to form a second city, in the yet unexplored, barb infested northern area, but (to my dismay once again) a messanger returned saying they settled with little trouble, and formed the city of Copan (once again my uncle's were correct, damn them anyway).

Some other interesting things you might like to know:
My Uncle Tommy, doing who knows what (he wouldn't say) managed to stab himself with a sword. This resulted in him being in bed for several months, and my Uncle Press and Mac, promptly through a party every night "in honor of this gift the gods have given us."

A barbarian rising occured in our southern bordor, threatening our workers. The great maiden Chieftess, raised a squad of warriors, and managed to force the barbarians back (there still down there, defending our southern bordor).

"The Mayan People entered an age of greatness, with high hopes, and an eagerness to destroy the aztecs. Warriors were sent out in every direction to scout out the aztec grounds, and to destroy them."

I just had good, and bad news. The good being was the settlers I sent out to form the city of Palenque reached there desination safely, and have started work on a city. The bad news being, that the squad led by Chieftess, was destroyed when attacking a barb. Another group has been sent down to re-group survivors, but it doesn't look good for them.

Nonetheless, the lost of one squad is not much to me, and I must keep my mind determined on the goal at hand. I must expand my "culture" (what my uncles call it), and take as much terrority as possible. What brought this "power hungry" change in me, I do not know. Maybe it was the increased influence by my uncle's, or maybe it was my will to revenge the deaths caused by the Aztecs. The aztecs were a nomadic tribe, and as such, we never knew there exact location, nonetheless, we knew the general direction they were in, and immediantly started for it.

We had one major problem, we needed some form of alphabet, for our military offcials are relay information to eachother much more safely. For this reason, I created a Department of Science and Research, headed by none other than Bootstoots.

With the news that one of the warriors, sent to find survivors had been ambushed and destroyed by a barbarian attack, I pulled the other one back, and offcially declared all men and women within both lost squads, dead. It was a great lost, but I could not afford southern region.

Even more bad news came when the messangers from Sargeant Gurke, failed to make it back. I immediantly ordered Commander CivGeneral to explore this disappearance, and the news greatly disturbed me. On a mountain, to the immediant south of the Persian capital was the bodies of every soldier within the squad, all beheaded. From his report, they just found the bodies, and never the heads, and also from this information, I deem it was our sign that were moving closer to the aztecs. Uncomfortably close, but nonetheless, I gave orders for CivGeneral to take over Gurkes route, and I quickly formed a group of warriors, and followed behind. Leaving the civilization in the hands of my Uncle's.

Side story by request of Strider -

Orders were sent to deal with a group of group of barbarians threatening the borders. The closet squad pushed onward through the forest. By the time they reached the encampment, they were already tired, and ill from fever. However, the border needed to be protected. The order was given to attack. Despite being at a disadvantaged, the squad fought valiantly. Unfortunately, the barbarians launched a surpise counter attack and outflanked the squad. The squad was soon lost.

Side Story by request of Strider himself -

In the Aztech territory. The enemy has worn us down. I have managed to gather the survivors to return to the capital to regroup and form a stronger army. Hopefully we should crack the Aztec's shell.

General CivGeneral

I have not forgotten about this story, just had some other thing's to deal with. So, now that I feel confident I can continue onward, lets start:

I had made a grave mistake, in my eagerness to destroy the aztecs, I sent out groups of warriors randomly, instead of in a concentrated effort as I should have. I immediantly moved to try and correct my mistakes. I called in a meeting of advisors.*

*"I called in a meeting of advisors."- In this time period, this would mean a meeting of the tribe leaders that made up the mayan civilization. As the Mayan tribe itself grew more and more powerful, other tribe's wished to join it, and be honored by calling themselves the Mayan.

The messangers was sent out, the meeting was to take place in a month, but to my surprise (and great dismay) the leader of the Copienae* arrive two days after the messange was sent out. It was the day before the meeting before the servants finally managed to get it through him that he was not suppose to have arrived so early, inwhich he had to be restrained and brought back as he tried to leave, fully convinced that he was to go back home, turn around, and come back.

Copienae- A tribe renown for there stupidy, they were let into the Mayan civilization by a mistake of there leader, who thought he was getting dinner (which is why he is offcially known in Mayan records as "Pork and Corn," his real name being Tamacha). They serve no useful purpose, being stupid, complete cowards, and unable to pay attention for any long periods of time.

The Leaders of the 23 tribes that now formed the Mayan Civilization arrived one by one, some looking forward to this "New formed of Governing," other's only coming because of there fear of what might be done to them if they don't.

When the time of the meeting came, each tribe's representative was led by the servants to the room the meeting was to take place. Tamacha was told not to move or say anything untill I said otherwise, or the gods would tear his inside's our one by one (orders he followed to the letter, he had to be removed 2 days later).

"Are list of enemies is becoming longer, and our list of allies shorter. It is already rumored that the Incan has an alliance with the Aztecs to remove us. I hereby call a meeting, of the wisest men within the Mayan civilization, on this date in 1700 B.C."

After my opening speech, a man, by the name of Mag (no one is sure if that is his real name, or a shortened version), stood up and immediantly began to address the people present. "The Aztecs must not get away with there foul deeds!!" he roared making several people lean back into there chair farther, "My people's blood has mingled with the blood of the aztecs on the field of battle, long before any of you could call this world home!!" there was several grunts, but he continued on, undisturbed "We must purge this world of the filthy Aztecs, with there gods of blood and destruction, and any who stands with them!! Any man here, who dares to show there cowardice, but saying the Aztecs do not deserve what we shall give them, will meet there end at my own hands," he said this last little bit in a calm, serious, and as some thought murderious tone.

No one doubted the truth of his words, it was whispered that his wife and older son was mutilated by an Aztec raid many, many years ago. Not a single person made a noise, all either to scared, or lost in thought. Several men, there face shown with both fear and defiance, looked up to say something, but the words was lost upon them, as they looked upon the impressive figure of Mag. His tribe being one of warriors, he stood about a foot taller then anyone present. His powerful muscles were apparant with every move he made, being quite possibly the eldest among the group (it was not a fact, as even he forgot his age) many people respected him, for his cleverness, power, and determination.

Having been lost in thought for several minutes, I finally came to realize that no one was saying a thing, so I quietly asked for anyone who had any disagreements to removing the aztecs, to make there stand. I was rather confused as to why several looked at me with fear and shock (being lost in thought, I hadn't noticed how scared everyone else was to say anything), but decided my mind had other matters to dwell over. I waited several minutes, my calm, blue eyes turning upon each person in turn.

The meeting didn't last much longer than that, the uneasy silence could not be broken, but my last words would be rememberd by everyone present, as many a man believed that they were wrong, and thought otherwise.

"Then it is agreed, on this day, that the Mayan Civilization with the Aid of the gods, will destroy the Aztecs and there allies. If we fail, then may our souls rest in eternal torment, for our crimes."

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
My dearest Strider; beloved Vo Spader; can you post some screenshots please ?

P.S. I am a great builder / trader. If you need such a person in your story, I won't press charges for using the name 'Rik Meleet'. ;)

I've been meaning to, but keep forgetting. When the next part of the story is writen and posted, I will be sure to include some screenshots.

Screenshot:

Top Bottom