Worker Actions

Strider

In Retrospect
Currently our workers are working on getting the iron city connected, but what after that? Should they head back to the main capital to improve more un-corrupt cities or work on the iron city?

How many fdo we have? Are they all domestic? What other projects are being left undone? Are we recruiting more workers? Are we looking to buy any? Are we connecting up any luxuries?

Can we have any information so that we can discuss this?

We have 3, 2 are working on the iron road and 1 is to the immediante south of the capital. (roading I believe)

The only "undone" projects is possibly going up to candelay and building a mine on the plains for more shields (for settler building).

The other questions are unanswerable right now because of the term switch.
Th

Originally posted by Strider
We have 3, 2 are working on the iron road and 1 is to the immediante south of the capital. (roading I believe)

The only "undone" projects is possibly going up to candelay and building a mine on the plains for more shields (for settler building).

The other questions are unanswerable right now because of the term switch.
Th

Why are they unaswerable? Don't we decide what we want to happen in term two and then do it? Has something changed that I don't know about? :confused:

Originally posted by donsig

Why are they unaswerable? Don't we decide what we want to happen in term two and then do it? Has something changed that I don't know about? :confused:

Not quite sure if the queue's will change ;). IMHO, we are not currently building any workers. Not sure if were going to build any in the near future.

I beleve we should build more workers. Having more workers out in the field will help improve the terrain more quickly than one worker.

Originally posted by donsig

Don't we decide what we want to happen in term two and then do it?
As a citizen you're more than welcome to make proposals and voice your opinions on any subject. :D

We have 2 native workers and one purchased from Babylon. The road gang is one native and one foreigner.

My suggestion is to finish hooking up the iron, and then move back along the road to a relatively uncorrupt future city site, and then put in some mining work.

The capitol area needs some irrigation in the Vo Mimbre area. We should probably recruit one or two additional work parties in the next 20-30 turns. Their future work assignments will depend in large part on settlement locations, the discussion of which is about to get started again.

Have we hooked up any luxuries yet? We would do well to pursue that.

Originally posted by Bill_in_PDX
Have we hooked up any luxuries yet? We would do well to pursue that.

A road is built through the vineyards, but alas it is far outside our borders. The Settlement Locations thread has a proposal on the table to connect the wines by building a city next to them. :cooool:

Originally posted by DaveShack

The capitol area needs some irrigation in the Vo Mimbre area. We should probably recruit one or two additional work parties in the next 20-30 turns. Their future work assignments will depend in large part on settlement locations, the discussion of which is about to get started again.

Do you have any proposals for where the new workers should be recruited from? Also, what is the Interior Department's stance on building a temporary colony or two for luxuries?

We need to build roads to settler locations. HOWEVER... We have to be careful on when the settler will arrive. i.e., we don't want to build a road, only to have the settler end up on that road during their last turn (that's several wasted turns.

i.e. (* = road, C = city spot, S = settler)

S*** **C
S*** **

(it's split so you can see it easier).

If we were to build 6 roads, to C, that settler will end up there, wasting the road. We'd need to build the road system the 2nd way (so the last turn ends up when the settler isn't on a road). That way, our workers can go to another area quicker.

As it stands now, I intend to work to hook up iron (getting within our city radius is another issue) and then road to the next 2 city sites.

Does anybody have any further recommendations or comments?

I am not sure I agree with improving the "Iron City" if it will have not effect due to corruption (not sure if it will or not).

Are there any more last minute comments?

I think we're still within the OCN for this size map.

Ok, it is the year 1400 BC. We have one worker near Vo Mimbre improving that area and 2 workers near Montpellier that were going to start building roads to the next 2 settlement areas.

Are there any recommendations for worker tasks for the upcoming turn chat?

It is now the year 1300 BC. We have 2 native and one foriegn worker building mines near Deux Rivières.

Are there any recommendations for worker actions for the next turn chat?

Rik Meleet,

I planned on improving the cow, but any improvements at this point would be pointless since we are in Despotism.

Top Bottom