The City of Huntington

FortyJ

Deity
Welcome to Huntington

By order of the honorable Governor Plexus, I hereby assume the position of Mayor for the township of Huntington.

image courtesy of http://www.selfimages.com

The coastal community of Huntington is blessed with an abundance of dyes in the jungles to the southeast. This resource has attracted a number of artisans who have already begun to apply these dyes to various fabrics, creating wondrous works of art. The banner displayed above, titled Sunset in the Sacred Rainforest, was given to Governor Plexus after the official founding of our great town.

The City of Huntington - Village Hall

Village Council
Mayor - Truckingpete
Council Members - Truckingpete, CivGeneral, Ybbor

Citizen Registry
FortyJ
Truckingpete
Ybbor
Raven1er
CivGeneral

Village Motto
to be determined

Village Crest
to be determined

Village Flag

Role Playing
This is a CHD friendly thread. The local government requests that all posters observe CHD guidelines when posting. Please phrase all posts (even gameplay related posts) in a role-playing context if at all possible. The Village Council thanks you for your cooperation.

Greetings Mayor FortyJ. I'm just dropping by with a complimentary case of wine. One Mayor to the other, I hope things work well for you here. Nice work on the first post! Love those colors.

On a professional note, I would be extremely interested in securing as many different colors of Dye as you have available. I'm currently working on creating a label for my product. I'd definitely like some variations of Red, maybe a pink or purple. Also I'd like to see some greens and blues. :) I hear the City of Huntington has a supply of the best Dyes in Fanatica. Hopefully, we can come to some kind of arrangement.

*Mayor Cyc slaps a mosquito on the back of his neck SLAP!*

Anyway, Mayor FortyJ, it's good to see you out and about again. Best of luck with your new city. :goodjob:

Lord Mayor Cyc,

*SLAP*

My humble thanks for such a kind gift. I have heard that there is no equal to the wines of Montpellier. The people of Huntington shall treasure it.

*SLAP*

Of course, wine is always best shared with friends. I insist that you stay for a formal banquet in your honor during which we can open a bottle, or three, of your nationally reknown wine and drink to the prosperity of both our cities.

*SLAP*

We will, of course, invite some of the more prominent local artisans to display their craft so that you may see for yourself the variety of colors we have already unearthed from our generous rainforest. These colors will naturally become more available once the main road is completed, connecting our town to the rest of the nation.

*SLAP*

But enough of that. Come now, and let me show you around the seaside oasis of Huntington. Besides, the closer to the beach we get, the less we have to deal with these infernal blood-suckers. *SLAP* ;)

*comes soaked in mud with a boar coming after him*

whew! hope that jungle is gone soon, anyway, i am sugesting a motto such as now is dye time to _______ (i.e. act, paint, get drunk, swim, live, etc)

or this is dye place to be/live

Excellent timing Ybbor!

The assembled party watches as some of the men working on a nearby building intercept the boar and kill it mercifully.

Gentlemen, please deliver that to my house. We will roast it for the banquet tonight. I'm sure it will go wonderfully with this majestic wine. Ybbor, as you are responsible for delivering this meal to us, you must do us the honor of joining us tonight.

*SLAP*

We can discuss your proposed mottos over a glass of wine and roasted boar. Come, let us celebrate! Just one favor, eh? How about washing off some of that mud first?

775 BC - Mayor's Report

We have one workable tile inside our current are of control, and unfortunately, this tile produces no materials to assist in production. We desparately need to clear more tiles.

While Food and Commerce are nice, our Production needs to be increased.

As you can see, despite our small size, we make a respectable contribution to the national coffers. Both our gross and net contributions to our national revenue exceed the national per capita average. As we continue to grow, we will surely become a commercial center for the empire, rivaling even Deux Rivieres itself.

"Sire, are you sure this is wise?" asked the young man standing behind him, helping him on with his coat.

"Relax, Pierre", FortyJ said, as reassuringly as possible. "The road has been completed for some time and I promised myself that I'd visit the other towns once it was finished. It is high time that I fulfilled that promise."

"Yes, sir, but the reports of barbarian raids continue to come in. It's simply not safe to travel." replied the aide, meekly.

"It's safe enough" stated FortyJ with a finality that was not missed by his trusty aide. "Besides, it is time for us to share the wonders of our most colorful dyes with the rest of our nation."

"I'm certain your trip will be successful, sir" reassured the young man, who had casually positioned himself next to the main door to the mayor's chambers.

"I only hope that we can persuade the powers that be to continue expanding to the south before too long. Otherwise, I fear that the next settlement we see nearby will be Babylonian rather than Fanatican." FortyJ said, as he left his chambers.

"Let us hope it does not come to that" replied Pierre, following the mayor out into the hall.

Truckingpete looks at the mighty fine city off the coast... He has been at sea for day..months..even years every since he left the capital city..he doesn't remeber...All of a sudden a person comes out and calls himself the mayor... He says,"I am Mayor of Huntington. I am FortyJ. Come in and stay for awhile." I say,"Thank you kind person. I have been traveling for a long time."
*SLAP*
Then Truckingpete says,"By the way you have to get rid of that jungle, or at least get some bug spray.." *FortyJ and Truckingpete laugh.*

FortyJ..You are not the only person in this WONDERFUL city...

So I am happy to say that I am Movin' in!

I already set up a house...

I hear the sailing is good..plus fishing...
*SLAP*
Not the bugs though...

Thanks!:D

truckingpete,

Welcome to the great town of Huntington, the town with a lifestyle to dye for.

As our city's second official citizen, I invite you to join the village council to help shape the future of our great town. Together, I believe we will guide our city to becoming the envy of all the world. Or at least figure out a way to deal with these pesky bugs.

*SLAP*

Mayor FortyJ,

I would be glad to join the Village Council. I will help anyway I can. By the way nice Mashion...

*SLAP*

We have to get bug spray or something..these bugs are annoying...
*SLAP*

P.S. - On the picture where our houses are located..umm you forgot my barn...I got a barn in my picture that I posted...My picture isn't clear enogh to see it I think...

I would like to say that this lovely town is in the provience of Berry...
The citizens have votes for the provincial boarders in a poll and this is the winning one....

This proposal won by just by won vote...it was 10 votes and the other one was 9 votes...

So welcome to Huntington, Berry!!:D

I got a few flag proposals Mayor..here they are...

I picked the colors Jungle Green, Light Blue, and Dark Blue...Plus I added a dye thing to the flag...

I picked these colors becuase:

Jungle Green: We have a lot of jungle by us.
Light Blue: We are right by the coast.
Dark Blue: Our boarders almost touch the sea/ocean.

I put the dye logo becuase we have dye in our city.

I like the # 2 the best.

Thanks!

Truckingpete

truckingpete,

I write you from just outside our national capitol. I am pleased to report that our travels are going well. I have already secured a dozen customers for dyes and our trip is just beginning. Tomorrow I will plead our case with the governor for more workers to help clear the jungles around our fair town.

With respect to the artist's rendition of our town, I apologize for that error. I'll make sure the artist includes that barn of yours in the next version.

I have instructed the courier here to return the flag samples you included in your letter to you for safe keeping. I like them all very much, but I think we should incorporate some of the national flag into our own. I'll commission one or two designs of my own for us to discuss later on.

In the meantime, keep the locals happy. I've given the courier a copy of my order placing you on the council, so by the time you receive this message, you will have all the authority of a council member.

Respectfully,
FortyJ

Mayor FortyJ,

You have been busy traveling. I hope your travels are still good. I agree for having some national flag in our fine town. One thing do, should we keep the dye logo? We have dyes in our city so I think we should. I can't wait for you designs for the flag.

I am much thankful for being on the council. I will do the best on the council.

Say to the artist that it is ok for that mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. he did a good job though.

Well that is it for now. I will try to keep these citizens happy the best I can.

Oh and another thing. There is talk about we visiting a new country to our north. The citizens think that we should build a galley to get to those unknown boarders. They want to build a galley in our town. We are the only town by the water. That's why they want to build it here. I think we should once the workers come.

Good luck on your travels!

Friend,
truckingpete

P.S. - If we build this galley, may I be first to command the ship if it possible. I would like to meet the new country.

Mr. Mayor, i humbly come to you

*slap*

in request to join your fair city i have aquired a deed as you can see and seek to move into a house in the center of your fine city.

*slap*

i have a nice view of the surrounding area, and i hope your hospitality will allow me to stay.

*slap*

but i am not such a man to ask for residence with nothing in return, i ask that you allow me to paint your mansion, Truckingpete's house [and shed, should such be revealed in future city plans] with the newly aquired dyes, that will help

*slap*

our city stay beutiful

PS i vote for flag #3

Welcome ybbor!

May I be first to welcome you to Huntington! I see you have ment the bugs. We are working on the bugs.
*SLAP*
For the flag thing, that isn't offical. We are just requesting the flags right know. You may request if you want. I would like you to paint my house if you want. (Don't forget my barn.)

Right know Mayor FortyJ is on a trip do business for our wonderful dyes. He will be back shortly.

Welcome to Huntington ybbor!:goodjob:

Top Bottom