Old Style Civ3

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
This is a little scenario I made in order to try and increase the resources like they were in vanilla Civ3 and PTW.

Changes

Resources Deleted:

Sugar
Tropical Fruit
Oasis
Tobacco

Resources belonging to Marshlands.

This was done because the 4 new resources, and resources appearing in marshlands reduced the total number of resources. You should notice more resources (i.e., cattle, or "Cradle of Civ" starts).

Upgrade Cost: 2
Aztecs can't build warriors
Jag costs 10 shields (no pre-req.)

This is another change I made to make it a bit more like vanilla and PTW. I didn't want to change all of the values, though. This just makes upgrades cheaper, and you can use jag rushes more now (Sumeria should still be able to stop them).

Sample Start:

Yes, you can play on random maps. That was just a map I generated with the scenario.

Why does everyone's terrain look like that of that picture and mine looks totally different?

Originally posted by LouLong
BTW chieftess, if there is no pre set map, isn't that more a mod than a scenario ?

That's the thing that always confused me (mod and scenario. This is a 'scenario' file after all...). ;)

@The Art of War - It's a graphics modpack (mixure of snoopy's greener terrain, and the Civ3 jungle. I also have smilely popheads, easy-to-spot resources, and Civ2 style rails. You can find those in the other C&C forums).

Originally posted by The Art of War
Why does everyone's terrain look like that of that picture and mine looks totally different?

That looks like some version/alteration of Sn00pys terrain. Most people use that in some form.

Jake5555555 said:
I have to say that I prefer the original graphics.
WHATTTTT????
Sn00py's Terrain is SOOOOOO much better!

I hope I spelled Sn00py right. :blush:

Top Bottom