Off center screen

Kalhis

Chieftain
I suspect there is an answer to this out there already, but I have been looking for 2 hours, and I have not found it.

I have recently loaded Civ3 on to a new computer (my old computer died). Civ3 worked fine on the old computer, but now I am getting an "off center" screen, which means I cannot see crucial buttons in the lower right corner. The font is also extraordinarily large.

I have followed font size instructions, removed all Lucida files, and adapted the screen size in the config file, but none of this seems to work.

Any suggestions?

K.

If you have a modern OS (eg WinXP) and a modern monitor, I believe that it can handle different video configurations for different programs via the monitor. When playing Civ3, change the veritical and horizontal position, as well as the vertical and horizontal size (using the monitor controls) until the game window fits nicely on the screen. I'm pretty sure that this will 'fix' Civ3, yet leave other applications working nicely too. :)

DOH.

I am so used to looking for the technical answer that the obvious one escaped me.

Thank you.

K.

Top Bottom