Buying Beyond Earth?

• Yes

Votes: 239 86.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 13.7%

• Total voters

CaterpillarKing

Conqueror of Cacoons
I just want to know who is going to get Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth? Explain why below if you want. If you have no idea what I am talking about look here and here.
I personally am not getting it but I just want to hear what everyone else says. Also, state your opinions on how well it will work.

Probably going to buy it at some point, but certainly not preorder. Firaxis have to prove they can actually deliver a decent product first.

I agree. I'm technically not old enough to buy it anyways but I like to extensively review something before I buy it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I agree. I'm technically not old enough to buy it anyways but I like to extensively review something before I buy it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The 18 rating was just a placeholder, the game most likely isn't rated yet. So as long as you have time between Maths and Geography, you can play it ;)

Probably going to buy it at some point, but certainly not preorder. Firaxis have to prove they can actually deliver a decent product first.

I'm never gunna be preordering a 2k game again after the Brave New World Steam release farce where it was cheaper to buy on the first day than pre-order...

But I am almost definitely going to buy this game at some point, it sounds fantastic, and unless i hear it's rendered unplayable by bugs and whatnot, i will be getting it. :goodjob:

I am getting a few doubts and I don't want make any promises. I really rather pay more and get the game earlier than everyone else rather than wait a little and pay less. I have already done this before and found out that I still payed less than most people who got their copy for full price.

I am interested!
BUT!
If the expansion system is exactly the same as Civ5. Sorry, its a deal breaker because I really hate the happiness system of Civ5.

I have something better like Age of Wonders 3 where my population become happier because I am victorious in battles, not defeated. Even my soldiers become happier!

I never pre-order games.

Will most likely buy it.
I've just returned to CIV 5 (we'll i barely played when it was released) and loving it, and if they get a good Alpha centuari vide into BE it'll be great.

After being properly scarred by Rome II, i decided i should wait and see. I will wait for more gameplay videos before deciding. An impressive trailer and a few screenshots are not enough to convince me yet

I'll amost certainly buy it, but 'll wait for a couple of days after release and watch some reviews by non-professionals who aren't indirectly paid by the publishers. I wisely abstained from Civ 5 for the first three months, but foolishly got Rome 2. Lesson re-learned.

"Fortunately" Firaxis always releses their games in Europe three days later than in the US, so by the time I'll be able to get it there'll already be much ranting or raving on this forum.

I hope I will be able to wait for a Steam sale, but I might not be able to control myself. Unless the reviews are beyond horrible, I'm extremely likely to buy it.

I'm not gonna pre-order the game, because Fireaxis has proved many times that they can't handle pre-orders. Although once the game is out & I see what the general consensus is I'll either buy it or wait until it is a decent game to buy it.

"Fortunately" Firaxis always releses their games in Europe three days later than in the US, so by the time I'll be able to get it there'll already be much ranting or raving on this forum.
Given prior experience, I imagine there will be both ranting and raving.

The trailer looks pretty cool, so I am interested.
I'm not going to pre-order, but I'll probably buy it on release after reading some reviews and stuff.
It seems like the game is pretty similair to Civ V, so I imagine it will work fine out of the box.

Top Bottom