Anyone still playing Medieval II?

I hate the game because it's stupidly and inexplicably impossible to battle the ai in multiplayer, and my favorite thing in the series is to play skirmish against bots with a friend. So there.

There wasn't even a reason to remove bots. I mean, seriously...

Does anyone actually play M2TW anymore? I find it quite fun with Stainless Steel 6.4. If anyone wants we can do an MP battle.
Moderator Action: Merged with a related thread.

I still play Stainless Steel if you would like to play ever.

I'm still playing, but not to much. Broken Crescent is my favourite mod. and afaik they will add Kievan Rus in BC 3.0

I've just started replaying the game as England and so far this is what happened...
I first started to build up my nation and took the nearby rebel settlements
I then built up more of my cities and castles and attacked Scotland
I crushed Scotland later on in the game
I took another rebel settlement on the French border
Then France attacked me and I defeated 3 French Armies at the battle
I took Paris and a few other French cities at the beginning of the war and decide to call a truce
Then Milan attacked me out of the blue and I lost one city
The Mongols soon followed and invaded Eastern Europe
I had another victorious battle against Milan and then I was attacked again in Paris and there is where I ended the session.

I've just started replaying the game as England and so far this is what happened...
I first started to build up my nation and took the nearby rebel settlements
I then built up more of my cities and castles and attacked Scotland
I crushed Scotland later on in the game
I took another rebel settlement on the French border
Then France attacked me and I defeated 3 French Armies at the battle
I took Paris and a few other French cities at the beginning of the war and decide to call a truce
Then Milan attacked me out of the blue and I lost one city
The Mongols soon followed and invaded Eastern Europe
I had another victorious battle against Milan and then I was attacked again in Paris and there is where I ended the session.

Best advice I can come up with is gearing up for the upcoming Mongolians, or holding on the conquest of new lands beyond France. Let the Mongolians clean house for you. Then you wipe them out.

Does anyone know how client kingdoms work? I just received notice that the Moors and Spain gave up their independence and are now client kingdoms, but I don't know what exactly that entails. I'm guessing that means that Spain is a client kingdom of the Moors since Spain was mentioned second and the Moors are doing fairly well?

It's effectively a full alliance; it's supposedly equivalent to vassal states in Civ, but seems a bit of an odd mechanic from my point of view

Hmmm... so shouldn't they in theory keep that alliance? I got a notice a couple turns later that they'd broken their alliance, which seemed somewhat surprising.

I'm not sure that Total War AIs have the provision built into Civ IV ones that every Civ is always actively trying to win; this does mean that they sometimes make odd decisions.

Total War AIs are just bad, they never had even a SINGLE dedicated AI programmer until at least Napoleon (they said they would for Empire, but obviously they didn't). They are programmed to encourage them to keep going to war with their neighbours though.

Total War AIs are just bad, they never had even a SINGLE dedicated AI programmer until at least Napoleon (they said they would for Empire, but obviously they didn't). They are programmed to encourage them to keep going to war with their neighbours though.

And they go to war against their neighbors... even if the whole thing is stacked against them.

err, sorry for barging in, but I saw this thread title and... am I the only one still playing Medieval I ?

Top Bottom