What are the 10 best wonders what you think?

10? That's a rather long list, and there's quite a few factors there. Petra is the best by a wide margin if your capital is optimally positioned for it with hills and flood plains that all happen to be desert.

A totally arbitrary list would have to be:

1. The Hanging Gardens (placed above Petra simply for being good in every possible situation)
2. Petra
3. The Great Lighthouse (Obviously fairly unimportant on big land maps, but probably the best wonder on Arch/TI, and it totally breaks England if they get it.)
4. The Great Library (more for the GS point than anything else)
5. The Sistine Chapel
6. Chichen Itza
7. Notre Dame
8. Statue of Liberty (Only so low for being a modern wonder)
9. The Louvre (Dat theming bonus)
10. The Colossus (Maybe a bit low, due to the new-found importance of early gold and cargo ships.)

In my opinion and no particular order:

1. Mausoleum Of Halicarnassus
2. Pyramids
3. Oracle
4. Stonehenge
5. Great Library
6. Hanging Gardens
7. Petra
8. Temple of Artemis
9. Sistine Chapel
10. Chichen Itza

Honorable mention to Porcelain Tower, CN Tower, Leaning Tower, and the Eiffel Tower.

1. Petra
It makes desert starts amazing and also gives you an extra trade route.
2. Hanging Gardens
The food bonus really helps early growth and also gives you a garden, which is useful if you couldn't normally get one.
3. Pyramids
Building this wonder basically makes sure that your tiles are improved.
4. Great Library
This really helps if you are trying to rush national college or hanging gardens. The writing slots make it useful for a culture victory.
5. Machu Picchu
With gold being scarce in the early game, this wonder is now very useful.
6. Forbidden Palace
Since it now gives you an extra two delegates in the world congress, it allows you to control it on small maps.
7. Leaning Tower of Pisa
This wonder can be used in many ways. You can get any of the renaissance wonders with a free engineer.
8. Temple of Artemis
The growth bonus is great, and ranged production bonus is also useful.
9. Borobudur
If you have a religion, this allows you to spread it all over the world. It's very hard to compete with a Borobudur religion.
10. Hubble Space Telescope
If you are going for a science victory, this wonder is essential.

My top 10 in alphabetical order:

Eiffel Tower
Great Library
Hanging Gardens
Hubble Space Telescope
Leaning Tower of Pisa
Neuschwanstein
Notre Dame
Petra
Statue of Liberty
Sydney Opera House

Some stuff is really situational - but IF you get those wonders, they really rock.

Without any particular order: ToA stacked with HG, Terracota Army, Louvre, Leaning Tower, Chichen Itza, Neuschwanstein, Machu Pichu, Hubble & Forbidden Palace. But to be honest, all the wonders are great, I try to get as many as I can, just leaving behind the ones that require policies I didn't adopt :)

Actually, now that I think about it, a big part of this discussion is what Exp/DLC we're on.

For example, Terracotta is excellent in G & K and a step from useless in BNW...

My answers is for BNW without ancient wonders.

Top Bottom