Cities without health???

JtW

Prince
Cities without defensive buildings, though still capable of ranged attacks, do not have any health.

The quote above is from the "What we know" thread. I've never seen this before. Is this confirmed? Where has this been seen?

That'd be interesting, it'd certainly make defensive buildings more worthwhile building but I haven't seen that anywhere yet nor does it appear to have actually been added to the list of confirmed changes. Although, I too would be interested to know where Crow7878 where he came across that little tidbit.

Confirmed anywhere?

Does no health mean a non-ranged unit can just up and take a city?

Wow, that is a game changer. But it makes sense. Walls then become one of the first necessities.

This thread and the confusion about this topic shows how good everyone is checking the "What we know" thread :p imagine the chaos if nobody ever mentioned this till everyone started playing.

In that thread you are supposed to provide a source for your claims. There is none there.

What? That would be a huge blow to my builder no army style for sure....
I hope this is a mistake. Also on lower difficulties, barb armies would ravage the AI.

We could just look at MadDjinn's playthrough and see if his cities had health. That would probably solve it.

Given the 1upt, it would be gamebreaking to require walls in order for cities to have health. The alternative (they can't shoot back) would actually be more balanced.

I think that MaDjinn's video is the source, actually. I only read the thread, not watched the film, so I can't guarantee anything, but I think that's where the information popped up. And his comment suggests it's true :).

It's an interesting development. It means they trust the AIs to not leave their cities unprotected :D, but it also limits early exploration, since you'd want a unit in your city until you get to walls.

What? But AI... can't be trusted on this matter. You could just wait with a Scout/Horseman two tiles away from their capital, wait until no one's inside and take it. If they didn't get another city yet, you just eliminated a civilization.

But I doubt it. I think the devs would've mentioned such a huge change.

Top Bottom