Very first CIv game. screenshot attached. Very low happiness score! help

pkim1230

Chieftain
Spoiler :

This is my first CIV game ever and I just saw a tutorial online and played this far on single player mode.
My happiness is going down and I don't know if I'm doing this game right. I've been just invading other nations with cannons and annexing them as i go.
I'd love some tips. Thx

Welcome to the forum!

Two guides you might like to read:
Early-Game Concepts for Beginners, and Complete Guide to Happiness.

Looking at that screenshot, it looks like you're doing really well to be honest. You have many cities, presumably most of them annexed, and you've still got positive happiness.

To improve the situation, you could try building/buying courthouses in the annexed cities; connecting up any luxury resources if they aren't already; building/buying other happiness buildings (eg, Colosseums).

It's possible/likely that with such a large empire, as soon as you become happy your cities will start to grow again, pushing you back into unhappiness. To fix this you could choose to prevent city growth - it is an option within the city screen over by citizen management.

Welcome to the forum!

Two guides you might like to read:
Early-Game Concepts for Beginners, and Complete Guide to Happiness.

Looking at that screenshot, it looks like you're doing really well to be honest. You have many cities, presumably most of them annexed, and you've still got positive happiness.

To improve the situation, you could try building/buying courthouses in the annexed cities; connecting up any luxury resources if they aren't already; building/buying other happiness buildings (eg, Colosseums).

It's possible/likely that with such a large empire, as soon as you become happy your cities will start to grow again, pushing you back into unhappiness. To fix this you could choose to prevent city growth - it is an option within the city screen over by citizen management.

Thank you. 16 hours in and I'm still on the same game!! Not a bad thing but damn, it's a long game.
This game kind of feels like a mix between settlers of catan and advance wars on gameboy advance.

you're lucky people here are nice. Over on the Dark Souls forums you'd just be told
Spoiler :
lol git gud casul

Spoiler :

Nah just kidding. There's generally less toxic users in niche communities like these

Thank you. 16 hours in and I'm still on the same game!!

I'm playing a game with Rome, with the goal of painting the whole map purple. I won't just dominate, by conquering only capitals: I will have every city in the huge earth map. So far, I have around 65 cities.

How long has this game been going? 04 months. :spear:

Top Bottom