Hyperion's Moon Base

I know that, Bouncymischa gave some code that does exactly that. But either the code was bad, the idea was wrong, or my hidden buildings were messed up because I wasn't getting yields at some times and at other times I was. And sometimes nothing had changed between turns when I was getting yields and turns when I wasn't.

• Lords of Ulthuan (UA): +1 Food from Coast tiles, +5 Culture from Mountain tiles.
  • +2 Spies from BUILDING_SPYMASTER.
+1 Food from Coastal tiles can be done as Gilgamesh mentioned via a hidden building (at least with BNW it can be hidden). +5 Culture from Mountain tiles not so much without other trickery via lua.
There is XML code in G&K / BNW to make a building give extra spies. See here.

+1 Food from Coastal tiles can be done as Gilgamesh mentioned via a hidden building (at least with BNW it can be hidden). +5 Culture from Mountain tiles not so much without other trickery via lua.
There is XML code in G&K / BNW to make a building give extra spies. See here.

We use this tricky code already over a year now, let me now and i will send you the files for this ub.;)

Edit i should have said that this mountains must be worked to get this bonus.

We use this tricky code already over a year now, let me now and i will send you the files for this ub.;)

Edit i should have said that this mountains must be worked to get this bonus.
Something similar to the workable mountains mod? Or are you using Whoward's DLL (or one similar) ?

[edit] Sorry Bane_. I thought I was on the "start a new thread" not "reply to thread" view. I'll be moving this to the new thread I thought I was starting in a few minutes.

I'm trying to avoid DLL mods as long as possible with Warhammer.
However if it becomes necessary to use some, so be it.:)
I think the workable mountains mod basically uses the same dummy-building method, doesn't it? I'll download and check it out.

Something similar to the workable mountains mod? Or are you using Whoward's DLL (or one similar) ?

We use a code created the first time by Moriboe i think, that allows mountains to be worked.
Its a good solution, because it adds a feature to Mountains, and for this you can add yields and link it to other containt.

Since we also use Whowards Dll we could also use the plot mechanic, but for the mac users i left it out.

Hi Bane

Hope you're still interested in requests - I posted a couple elsewhere on the forum but didn't get any interest.

I'd like to change happiness/unhappiness generation:

- Generate one unhappiness per turn for every turn in which the player is NOT at war with at least one other civ. Would be good if this could kick in after a certain number of turns, which I could adjust or which could scale to map size/game speed, just so the early game isn't punished.

- Generate one happiness for every kill, to last a certain number of turns (again, I'd like to be able to adjust or scale the number of turns each happiness generated per kill lasts).

Overall intention is obviously to create a civ that needs to be constantly fighting wars in order to stay happy/growing. Unhappiness from annexation still happens so they can't steamroll everyone, and if they wind up being too OP I can reduce the number of turns each happiness per kill lasts. I'd also like to experiment with eliminating happiness from luxuries and I can't see if this is possible in XML alone, so if you could include some code that I could comment in/out to let me tinker with that, that'd be brilliant (but not essential).

Secondly, I also wanted a couple of custom promotions: one that could check if a specific unit is in an adjacent tile and if so receive a massive combat strength, but only to the unit with the first promotion, so it wouldn't be like a Great General conferring a strength bonus on everyone. The idea for this is I wanted one weak unit (a Zombie) that never goes obsolete, and it's only useful when receiving this buff. You have a line of stronger units (Vampire Count, Vampire Lord, Vampire Master) that confer progressively stronger versions of this buff, strengthening Zombies to competitiveness with later units, but only as long as they're near the Vampire.

I'm pretty sure these both need Lua but let me know if I'm wrong. Would be SO grateful if you could help (so thank you for offering), my modding has really hit a wall without these abilities.

- RSJ

Hi bane_,

I support the "happiness for kills" idea of RSJ87. If I may, I would add: unhappiness from owned unit killed for a certain number of turns (seems a logical consequence to me).

Something like this has already been implemented in the mod MicroWorld http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533127

I looked at it some time ago.
I hadn't the time to analyze all its components but, if I remember correctly, this feature modified one of the vanilla lua codes.

Sadly those lua codes are modified also by mods like Health and Plague, Gazebo and Whoward mods, and, if I remember correctly, the author didn't marked all his modification with the usual "--" comment, so merging those files can be a looong process...

I hope you can find this info useful, keep up the good work! :)

Hello bane!
Are you still taking requests?

I could need a little snippet:
Allow construction of a building only if a natural wonder is within the city radius.
The natural wonders are going to be replaced with some others in my mod (all the same with similar names).

Thanks in advance!

Hello bane!
Are you still taking requests?

I could need a little snippet:
Allow construction of a building only if a natural wonder is within the city radius.
The natural wonders are going to be replaced with some others in my mod (all the same with similar names).

Thanks in advance!

Someone already did this :),

see here (by MegaBearsFan): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=153631376&searchtext=national+park

or here (by framedarchitecture): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=308706534&searchtext=national+park

Hi bane_, Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I looked for more informations before asking this.
What I really would like to see is a way to make a Policy Branch require one or more (or one between many) Policy Branch to be ended first.

So, for example:
you cannot begin the Rationalism tree before Tradition OR Liberty has been completed
you cannot begin the Exploration tree before Rationalism AND Commerce has been completed
You cannot begin the Piety tree before Tradition is completed
and so on...

If this seems superfluous, consider that I'm creating many new Policy Branches (actually, about 20) with an entirely new UI, so force both the player and the AI to complete a branch before having access to another can be not only a good idea but a necessary thing.

My only fear is that the AI get stuck when it cannot open the branch and this is the reason I looked for informations in these days, without success.

The reason I'm worried is this:
we can't give technology prerequisite to policies (although the XML allow that) because the AI get stuck when it cannot open a policy, it don't open a new policy branch, and don't discover new policies for the rest of the game (although this was true with GK, I'm not sure if BNW fixed this).

Now, maybe it is different for ENTIRE branches and there's no reason to worry about the AI, but...
I'm not sure if what I'm about to say make sense in Lua, you can evaluate this better than me :), but I taught that, to be safe, the best way should be to keep a branch disabled in the same exact way it is disabled before the required era until the required branch is completed

What do you think ?

As always, thank you in advance for your time, and keep up the good work! :)

I believe I understand your request, and it seems a fantastic endeavor!
How would you decide which Policy locks which? I mean, if it is a locked relationship from the code I can work it no problem, if it changes from game to game (can't think of many reasons why) it's cool too, but if it is customizable I can't help you in that regard.

I'll make the code with placeholder locks just to see how the AI behaves and will get back to you, if it works well, we get to your policies. Fair? :)

1. Ulixes Locks of Love
:lol:

How would you decide which Policy locks which? I mean, if it is a locked relationship from the code I can work it no problem, if it changes from game to game (can't think of many reasons why) it's cool too, but if it is customizable I can't help you in that regard.

I'll make the code with placeholder locks just to see how the AI behaves and will get back to you, if it works well, we get to your policies. Fair?

Fair enough :)

I suppose, for "customizable", you mean with an XML table, right ?
If that's the problem, I just need the codes as example ("x AND y", "x OR y", "only x")

Then, I'm "opportunist" ;) enough to copy the code, changing the policy names, every time I want to apply it.

XML, or even better, SQL tables are easy, orderly and very cool :) but not absolutely necessary.

I'm not finished with the policy system so I can't tell you exactly which policy depends from which. I completed most of them but there are still some key decision to make, especially regarding the government forms and how the player adopts them, that can push me to add or delete more branches.

By the way, I'm shameless :blush:... but maybe there's one little thing i could ask, when you've time...

In the vanilla game if X and Y Policy Branches are mutually exclusive, you can choose X and after, if you cange your mind, you can choose Y
(of course disabling all X's policies and losing their bonuses).
For a Human is ok, for the AI less... :sad:

I wish to prevent the AI to waste culture points without reason, making the choice permanent.

If, for example, Liberty and Tradition are mutually exclusive, once I choose Liberty I can no longer choose Tradition after... Tradition is blocked forever.
In my policy system there some branch that are really not compatible with each other, so or I make them mutually exclusive or I have to change them.

But I fear the AI is not wise enough about this... and if I'm right about the AI, this code could be considered more as a bugfix than as a feature, because I don't think the AI has the ability to evaluate correctly when wasting an entire branch...
I hope I'm not asking too much... :please:

anyway, as always, thank you in advance for your efforts! :thanx:

Top Bottom