Resources on Peaks

SquireBev

Chieftain
Apologies if this has been done before, but just how do I access a resource on a peak?

In my current game, the only sources of Copper Ore that I've found are both on mountain peaks. I've bult Stone Tool Workshops on both, and connected them to my road network, but I'm still not getting the resource.

Is there something else I need to do, or do I just have to wait until technology has advanced enough for me to build shaft mines?

Apologies if this has been done before, but just how do I access a resource on a peak?

In my current game, the only sources of Copper Ore that I've found are both on mountain peaks. I've bult Stone Tool Workshops on both, and connected them to my road network, but I'm still not getting the resource.

Is there something else I need to do, or do I just have to wait until technology has advanced enough for me to build shaft mines?

Can your city work the tile? It may be that you need Mountaineering tech before the tile comes into play. If you're already there, I have no idea.

It's an issue in the code. I need to find a way to give access to the city to work the tile if the tile has been improved with a route, which would make sense. At the moment, mountaineering must be achieved before the city can benefit from a mountain tile in any way.

If you are going to make a route allow a city to work a peak. It may be useful to have the same facility available for terrains and terrain features (a peak is neither). In particular the Natural Wonders as we only want some improvements built on them or only built after a certain tech.

I have just remembered how to get only certain improvements on a terrain feature. Duh! I'll revisit the Natural Wonders after the next release to allow routes and special improvements. After all we wouldn't want to turn Mt Fuji into a farm just because it is on grassland do we.

Top Bottom