Custom Map Support for Multiplayer (BNW)

Sn00py

Chieftain
I see a new expansion is coming out for Civ5 very soon. Can we please get custom map support for internet based multiplayer games. I'm so very surprised I even need to make a post to request something so obviously needed.

I see a new expansion is coming out for Civ5 very soon. Can we please get custom map support for internet based multiplayer games. I'm so very surprised I even need to make a post to request something so obviously needed.

Not just custom map support, auto-download of mods needs to happen the moment someone joins a lobby. Without that, mods will only be played in organized games.

Not just custom map support, auto-download of mods needs to happen the moment someone joins a lobby. Without that, mods will only be played in organized games.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of auto downloads as I may or may not want to download specific mods. It should be made clear either on the game select screen or in the lobby which mods are being used and a quick link to download if the player wants too.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of auto downloads as I may or may not want to download specific mods. It should be made clear either on the game select screen or in the lobby which mods are being used and a quick link to download if the player wants too.

auto-download of mods (and also the auto-installation) will never happen, mainly for legal reasons.

Especially if it's just for joining the lobby. Besides, from a gameplay perspective, that's also the worst time to download the mods as then everyone has to wait for that person on the crappy satellite connection to download the mods before being able to start the game.

All it would require is the tooltip/whatever to say which mods are needed and then the payer can decide whether or not to get them.

Auto-downloads for mods/custom games seem to work perfectly fine on Battlenet, but I admit I don't have much experience there.

auto-download of mods (and also the auto-installation) will never happen, mainly for legal reasons.

Especially if it's just for joining the lobby. Besides, from a gameplay perspective, that's also the worst time to download the mods as then everyone has to wait for that person on the crappy satellite connection to download the mods before being able to start the game.

All it would require is the tooltip/whatever to say which mods are needed and then the payer can decide whether or not to get them.

75% of players will not download resulting in mods being used in between friends only. I don't have friends that play this game and the way I see it, if you join a modded lobby, you download it. Counterstrike, Team Fortress 2 all have this. If a person doesn't want to download the mod then they shouldn't join that lobby.

Yes, I definitely want to see this in some capacity. Would love to play some more custom maps-- or at the very, very least add more interesting maps for multiplayer.

I really hope they improve multiplayer in general, including how the AI functions.

Top Bottom