How to get out of the War quickly

brewgod

Prince
Hello Fellow Players,

I am late in game and playing as Germany. I have about 4 AI's all breathing down my throat. The Iroquois are pissed about land space and have retaken their capital which I captured early in the game. They have a ton of tanks and boats. Looks like they might take two or three of my cities in a matter of a few turns. I have Kyoto from Japan but might lose it. The Greeks look like they will invade any turn with a nice Navy etc.

In desperate times how can I get the AI to declare peace and start your rebuilding for ten - 20 turns. Get your cargo ships back up to 10 from 3 etc. Get your gold back up and build your army.

I am also thinking of going back 20 turns on Auto Save if I can find one and prepare myself better. I wasted a lot of ships with India for no real cause. Re Focus and get my Nukes and Atomic Bombs and take out the Iroquois.

Any thoughts would be great. First game at King. For most I know it's way too easy.

Thanks

Brew God

Rush build some defences (walls, anti-air, anti-tank). It's not that hard to tank against the AI. If you can avoid losing cities you're usually fine as AI armies on King will peter out after the first zerg rush.

Try not to lose too many core cities. If you reconquer your own cities they will be pretty worthless for a long time because of the population halving thing. Withdraw your armies from doomed cities to defend the cities that are worth defending. Get money however you can (liquidate useless buildings, trade, etc) and buy yourself some walls, castles, anti-air and anti-tank. Get some allies.

Try to avoid reloading unless you have to. It sounds like you somewhat stand a chance here, so it's one of those fun games where you're on the losing side of a gang up war but you're not simply doomed like in Deity games where your two cities with warriors get attacked by an army of riflemen.

Brew God,
Unfortunately, there's a predetermined amount of turns that must pass before an AI is willing/allowed to discuss peace. Two things that may help though-
1.) If an AI initially responds to, "what will end this conflict," with demands for half the cities in your empire, they will usually settle for white peace. The initial demand is just a low-ball offer.
2.) I think the answer you're looking for is war-bribes. Bribing another civilization to declare war on the party you're currently at war with will make them more likely to want to end your war so they can focus on the other war.

Hope this helps

I think the AI willingness for peace is strictly how many units they are losing. So if you have them at stand still, but you are not killing units, they want to keep going. They will not take peace for ten or fifteen turns in any case.

I am also thinking of going back 20 turns on Auto Save if I can find one and prepare myself better.
I think that is how you learn tactics and the AI patterns.

Many times it has taken me four or five tries to prevent a city from falling. If I had kept playing from my first try, (1) for sure I the game was lost, even if I could play another 200 turns; and (2) I never would have known I was doing wrong or could do better next time.

I wasted a lot of ships with India for no real cause.
One thing I miss is not having a kill ratio. It is tough, because of the AI advantages, but one hardly afford to loose units at all. If you are loosing one unit for every ten you kill, that might still be too many.

If an AI initially responds to, "what will end this conflict," with demands for half the cities in your empire, they will usually settle for white peace.
I think they will always settle for white peace. It seems like a bug.

Top Bottom