Craft the World - a great sandbox strategy game

bhavv

Glorious World Dictator
http://store.steampowered.com/app/248390/

Imagine a similar 2D block based world like terraria, but with dungeon keeper style AI dwarves with elements of Dwarf Fortress thrown in, plus a tech tree like Civ, and you get Craft The World!

Its all about chop chop, dig dig, chop chop, dig dig, craft craft, build build, defend against increasingly difficult wave after wave of Goblins and Skeletons.

But you can also build a castle / fortress / fancy wooden houses / huts, or just live in underground holes / bunkers. Whatever you want to build.

And theres towers, traps, melee, ranged and magical combat and cooking food for the dwarves to sustain their bellies on.

Though once you get to beer, they all act as though they are on illegal drugs and run around, chop and dig crazy fast. So make lots of beer!

Looks promising. Gonna wait and see what it's like when it's no longer in Early-Access though.

This looks interesting. I might have to watch it and see if I would get it.

This game is in the best state for any early access game I've played. you have the full game to play, all they are doing is updating the AI, gameplay and fixing bugs now.

I only just noticed that the game was officially launched on November 24th. There have been loads of updates with a lot of new features and gameplay stuff added to the game. If anyone doesnt have this game yet, I highly recommend getting it, its one of the best sandbox building / god games I've played.

I don't see why, the game just wouldn't work in 3D. Its perfectly optimised for 2D gameplay. Just like Street Fighter / Mortal Combat wouldn't be suited to 3D.

I enjoyed parts of terraria quite a bit, it was a bit of my go-to game, before my roommate showed me how it's supposed to be played (i.e. it's not about building underground tunnels and structures and flooding things with water and/or lava for hours)

So when I saw this I got excited. Haven't bought it yet though - I have too many games. If it goes down in price to $5 I would snag it right away.

If it goes down in price to $5 I would snag it right away.

This is my trigger-pull number for it, as well. It's been on my wishlist for a while.

I'm becoming more stingy as I get older. Largely because hardly anything really engages me much anymore. Meh =/

I don't see why, the game just wouldn't work in 3D. Its perfectly optimised for 2D gameplay. Just like Street Fighter / Mortal Combat wouldn't be suited to 3D.

I did not say that it doesn't work or wouldn't still be fun, but you are much more limited in a 2D only world than you are in a 3D world. You can't build nearly as many different things.

How to exercise your dorfs!

Spoiler :

Top Bottom