Subscribed mods at Steam Workshop are not being installed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Exit game.
2. Delete the "Civ5ModsDatabase.db" from "Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache."
3. Launch Steam
4. Steam->Offline mode
5. Launch Civ 5
6. "Mods" button in Civ 5 main menu
- this suddenly updated to show all of the mods I had previously subscribed to but had never downloaded before.
7. Let Civ 5 finish, then exit Civ 5.
8. Tell Steam->Online mode
9. Win... :)

Literally nothing I do will compel Civ V to download mods. I'm definitely connected to the internet, I've tried flipping from online to offline mode, I've tried deleting the Civ5ModsDatabase.db file, I've tried deleting the entire cache, I've tried subscribing and unsubscribing to all mods, in and out of the Civ V app, I've verified that Civ V is set up for the Steam cloud, and I've tried only subscribing to mods after launching Steam from the game itself, rather than launching Steam first. Nothing works. Am I missing something?

I just reinstalled Steam and Civ V. It still won't download subscribed mods. This is kind of silly. Does anyone have any ideas?

I just reinstalled Steam and Civ V. It still won't download subscribed mods. This is kind of silly. Does anyone have any ideas?

This is the advice Pouakai gave me in another thread:

Go to the below location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\70305409\ugc

There are two folders, downloaded and referenced. Stuff from Steam workshop that didn't copy over should be there

I just felt like playing civ5 again, and hit the same issue: no mods present.
According to Steam Workshop I subscribed to a crapload of mods, according to Civ5 there are no mods installed.

Trying to remove mod and cache files a mentioned in this thread did not help either.
I then saw the post made by 'Williamub' about possible issues with administrator account. So I searched the full 'C:\Users' directory for 'Civilization'.

And I found two times a 'Sid Meier's Civilization 5'. One in the location you would expect: 'Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5'.
This one looked plain and empty, no mod installed.

The other one had a quite unexpected location: 'Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Sid Meier's Civilization 5'.
This one had all the mods installed that I subscribed to half an hour before. How on earth Steam Workshop decided to use that location for installing the stuff is far beyond my imagination.

I moved it up one directory so its contents were to be found under 'Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5' and started Civ5 -> and like magic, all mods were available.

So long story short: If Steam Workshop tells you that you are subscribed to mods, and Civ5 tells you there are none, try searching your full users directory for another 'Sid Meier's Civilization 5' one.

So, I had a couple of mods, and then installed several more, who downloaded but wasn't showing in the mods tab. What solved my problem was the idea listed below.

Go to the below location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\70305409\ugc

There are two folders, downloaded and referenced. Stuff from Steam workshop that didn't copy over should be there

Mine where in referenced.

You'll have to go to Documents/My Games/Civilization 5/MODS folder, look for .civ5mod archives and extract them manually with 7zip or similar software. Should work.

So I copied here as instructed, and reseted the game. Now they are all in the list. as they should be in the first place! :goodjob:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom