Empror to Immortal rough transition

EDIT TURN 197
Babylon and Iroquoi decalre war on us
nothing can to but die :(

What was your actual tech level at (era, general stuff researched).

If you're still Med/Ren era, then a few Crossbows can defend against a lot.

If you're in Modern era, then 2-3 Great War Bombers with Air Repair (heal 25 HP per turn) and Bombardment (+66% versus land units) will trash everything.

If anything Industrial Era is the hardest to defend in since Gatling Guns don't have two range (without upgrades) and you probably don't have Artillery if you aren't beeling it (though if you are, 3-4 Artillery plus a shielding Rifleman (or even Musketman) or two can hold off a hell of a lot (put the fortified melee unit in front). That's when you probably want a Frigate or two (with Bombardment they can have up to 56 strength versus land units and fire from your coast city safely).

I mean, especially as Venice with rush buys, two Civs declaring war on you in Immortal really shouldn't be the end of the world unless you have like no defensive units. Much easier to fight a defensive war compared to an offensive war.

Another thing to do is to bribe the AI to fight each other, which you should be able to afford as Venice.

Hell, if you want, can send me your most recent autosave and I can try to see if I can salvage it, probably can record a video as well. And if I can't salvage it then I can at least explain where you went wrong.

The only hard part of Immortal for me is winning between 250-275.

Why in the world would you need to win between those turns? Can easily win after turn 400 on Immortal...unless you're playing Quick perhaps?

I mean, you usually have until turn 350ish to win on Deity, longer if there are a lot of wars.

med era... problem is that I just finnished a war on one front... where my reming army was...
got back stabed on the other side of territory where only one crosbowman left and 12musketmen....

didnt have time to rebuild or redeploy effectively...
Hiawatha attack me with countless musketmen and crosbowmen...
kille 9 out of my 10 Cargo ships (was playing Venice)
and took a key citystate I pupeted in like 3-4 turns...

I could manage to keep my other citystate and my capital easily, but problem was that I didnt have another good city state to pupet, neither short term city to take down...

I could have continue, but jus to see Babylon win sience or Hiwatha or Shaka win domination...

got back stabed on the other side of territory where only one crosbowman left and 12musketmen....

This is a huge problem. Instead of having 12 musketmen and 1 crossbowman you should have had 12 crossbowmen and 1 musketman. You only need a few melee for acting as meat shields and capturing cities. You should mostly be ranged.

I could have continue, but jus to see Babylon win sience or Hiwatha or Shaka win domination...

I think you still could have won, frankly, but you could probably be in a better position for sure.

Top Bottom