Germany at a crossroad

Theov

Deity
Hi, I'm playing at a large Earth map by Zach Wilson. I'm Germany and play with many opponents. Monarch difficulty.
There are small custom rule changes: all combat ships have hidden nationality, the Vikings and the 'Aboriginals' (Australia/Celts) have some UUs with hidden nationality.
No cultural flips, no Map Trading, Black Death is on.

I've started settling in Europe, built the Pyramids with a SGL, my first victim was England, then Portugal (Temple of Artemis) and have just beaten Rome.
Now I control about all of Europe and am at war with China. They are not a big threat though as I've involved the Vikings and Koreans in my war.

The New World is only reachable when someone is able to cross the ocean.

Now what? Settle in space, focus on science, commerce and culture (I'm a warmonger by nature). Or just pick a fight with the Persians?

See screenshot and savegame below.
Please criticize, comment, advice.

Savegame:
View attachment Bismarck of the Germans, 280 AD.rar

I am aware that the forests around Berlin can be chopped to get one more FPT from the tiles. :(

Take Egypt and northern Africa. Control the whole Mediterranean.

Boy I do miss the old detailed graphics when you actually saw people pushing the cannons around. I always hated (and hate) when siege units just move around like possessed artifacts by their own.

Top Bottom