The War

peaceful

Chieftain
Im writing a new story and Im going to use lots and lots of picturesand Im just waiting for the administrator to sort it out, but believe me this is a match to a powder keg situation out of eleven countries eight of them go to war all because of one action its a serious situation

Prologue

The World has been at peace for over 100 years. The last war was between the Incas and the combined armies of The Ottoman Empire and its vassal states, Germany and the India. This war lasted many years until the Incas were forced to capitulate. Since then many nations formed defensive pacts in the hopes this would prevent the ottomans from conquering any more countries. The Carthaginians, Romans and Byzantines remained neutral. It was believed this would secure peace.

War would eventually come, they just didn’t know how soon….
states.jpg

i'm glad to see pictures (please don't report me)

President’s office-Dublin-Irish Empire 3/July/1958
aras.jpg

As president Brennus sat down to prepare next year’s budget, one of his aides burst through the door. “Whats going on?” Brennus asked. “Sir, Babylon has declared war on the Ottomans.” Answered Jeremy. “Sir this would be better discussed in the war room, your military advisors are waiting for you there.”
As Brennus walked to the war room he struggled to comprehend the seriousness of this act. “Welcome mr President. As you know, several years we signed defensive agreements with several other nations and became part of the allied nations. What you may or may not know is that because of the war between the Babylonians and Ottomans has caused the allied nations to become involved in a war with them and several other nations. Here is a map showing the current situation”. Said General Arbor.
tension.jpg
President Brennus looked at the map and the only word that he could think of at that moment was….. Armageddon.

The Allied Nations and the Great Alliance were official in a state of war. Even though Ireland was a member of the A.N., it had the smallest military in the world. Although small, the Irish army was the best equipped and best trained in the world. They had believed the two alliances would make war impossibility, anyone could see the near suicidal outcome. The Irish were among the few nations who had never gone to war, however, their army was rigorously trained for the day it would come. The Irish people had no interest in conquering other nations, they instead focussed on social and technological advancement, which made them the richest and most advanced nation. President Brennus had, since his meeting with Hammurabi, Emperor of the Babylonians to ask why the hell he declared war on the Ottomans. He explained that the ottomans were amassing troops near the border. What started the war was largely irrelevant what mattered now was that the world was now divided into 2 camps. The A.N. and G.A. .
war Fronts.jpg
The Irish army’s’ current strength was 60,000 troops made up of 6 infantry divisions and 1 gunship. They began a massive recruitment drive, not seen before in history to enlarge the army and began building up their navy which at present only had 1 destroyer, 1 submarine and 3 transports. There was also talk of building an air force.

The Emergency
President Brennus made a televised speech declaring that the nation was in a state of emergency. The emergency being that they were in a multi front war with not enough soldiers to defend even one of the fronts. He called for Irish men and women to join the great struggle to defend the homeland.
The battle lines had been drawn. There were four fronts, The Babylonian Front, the Incan Front and the Irelands Northern Front and Eastern Front.
Presidents Office 1st September 1958
General Arbor walked into the presidents office with a brown folder. He had been in the army for twenty years. His family had a long history of serving in the military. His great grandfather, Sergeant Kofer Arbor, an Incan, had served in the 3rd Incan division during the Incan-Ottoman war. Huayna Capac I, eventually capitulated, Sergeant Arbor lost all patriotic feeling with this act and left for Ireland. He eventually married and settled down.
President Brennus:”Welcome General, what is the current situation?”
“Sir Our Intelligence officers have discovered, through Ottoman radio chatter, where the fronts are expected to be. If you would please look at this you may have a better understanding.”
war Fronts.jpg
President Brennus:”What do you propose?”
“Well, I believe the best course of action would be to send our forces to the northern and eastern fronts, and starting a recruiting drive to increase our forces enough that we can adequately defend our territory and even attack. I also recommend building an invasion force to assist Ethiopia in its struggle against The Incans. If it is possible in the mean time I believe asking for assistance from the Carthaginians, Romans and Byzantines would be beneficial. “replied Arbor.

Top Bottom