New 3d stuff...

Kyriakos

Creator
Given i am in the process of creating a 3d horror adventure game, i picked up modelling again and will make some civ3 stuff on the side as well. For example this is my model of the Hagioi Apostoloi of Thessalonike, a medieval byzantine church here...

Obvious centerpiece of a byz size #1 town as well ;)

Feedback is welcome, thanks for liking my works all these years :D

Well, rather underwelming response (i am sure it doesn't have to do with myself effectively having not posted a series for 2-3 years :D ).

Anyway, i built another byz centerpiece for size 2 which you can see here resting on the desk, and i think the best chance of doing new gfx is through using them in a horror game i am making ;)

(thread for the game itself is at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14189379#post14189379)

:clap: Architecture to the fall in love :hatsoff:
:love:

Wotan49
:coffee:

I am looking on that image you provided and buttress are definitely not tick enough, theirs thickness should be probably twice wider. The arch at the to seems to have worn proportion. It should be semicircular and bottom of the arch should touch top of the long rook just above the buttress.

What about the tick on the leftmost window?

:)

(some proportions -- surely the arch you mentioned too -- will change, keep in mind though that some elements are not definite in size at the byz time)

Eg Byz1200 has this:

I meant thickness of those:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 232
:)

Finding the correct proportions is quite difficult :/ For example one of the pics was really horribly misleading (the plastic model one), and now i will have to change a number of things...

Had to resort to using (carefully) the current building for this area, cause 3 different sites have three very different versions...

Right side there is more reworked (left in the pic). It does look a lot better. Previous pic looked more like an angry frog, tbh :D

There are some lingering proportional issues, along with some minor lazy-induced placeholder bits in part of the main dome, but i suppose they will be more easily resolved once i have modelled some of the side as well, which will make more sense to look at...

Top Bottom