Everybody declared war on me

theguy8882

Warlord
I was playing Carthage on a true start location map. and I conquered the Songhai and the Egyptians. Almost immediately after taking Thebes Haile Selassie Dow'd me. I lauged because he was so weak and I thought he'd do nothing. Next turn China Dow'd me. Once again i laughed since they are on the other side of the planet and were in the process of being destroyed by the Mongols. The next message was France declared war on me. The were powerful so i was a bit nervous, but I had a sizable Navy and figured I could hold them off. I was a bit nervous after that because my friend told me everyone declared on him the other day. Next turn Rome declared war on me and so did Persia and Harun. Now I was scared since only the Danes and the Mongols weren't at war with me. Sure enough next turn They DOW me

I was able to hold them off and even took a little Ethiopian land, admittedly being at war with everyone is intense and challenging and fun, but I don't know exactly why EVERYONE declared war one me. I only had two other mods (sniper mod and Pastafarian mod) so nothing was abnormal. SO I assume it was either that the AI planned it or they just happened to all DOW me and it was a happy accident. What are your thoughts on this?

I was playing Carthage on a true start location map. and I conquered the Songhai and the Egyptians. Almost immediately after taking Thebes Haile Selassie Dow'd me. I lauged because he was so weak and I thought he'd do nothing. Next turn China Dow'd me. Once again i laughed since they are on the other side of the planet and were in the process of being destroyed by the Mongols. The next message was France declared war on me. The were powerful so i was a bit nervous, but I had a sizable Navy and figured I could hold them off. I was a bit nervous after that because my friend told me everyone declared on him the other day. Next turn Rome declared war on me and so did Persia and Harun. Now I was scared since only the Danes and the Mongols weren't at war with me. Sure enough next turn They DOW me

I was able to hold them off and even took a little Ethiopian land, admittedly being at war with everyone is intense and challenging and fun, but I don't know exactly why EVERYONE declared war one me. I only had two other mods (sniper mod and Pastafarian mod) so nothing was abnormal. SO I assume it was either that the AI planned it or they just happened to all DOW me and it was a happy accident. What are your thoughts on this?

Diplomacy needs tweaking? :p

But all declaring war on you is good, if that would actually halt some AI's from eating up all the others. But since it's not preventing at all, it's stupid...

Depends on what you did. If you expanded too agressively near a lot of other civs, that would do the trick. And of course, if three or four AI civs hate you and nobody actually LIKES you, chances are there will be some AI pairs that declare war on you together.

You'd just conquered two complete civilizations, of course everyone else hated you for your excessive warmongering. Not suprised at all that they all DoW'ed you quickly. But unless you have some really heavy-duty military civs close by that could be dangerous in numbers, and come at you from multiple directions, usually it ain't such a big deal. Most of the civs that dow in these cases are weinies, or too far away, or never even bother to send units your way anyway. So unless you're really exposed and vulnerable for some reason, you can usually survive group-DoW's like that without too much heartache. What I hate about it, is all the lost trades and broken RA's. If your civ is dependant on trades with other civs for a lot of your gold, it can really hurt. Time to get those puppets producing, fast.

I have been stuck on an island with two other civs. They DoWed me together. Which is fine. Someone had to control the island. They just felt I should be the first to go. :D

The trick is to get them to fight each other. One thing I did was to sell the closest AI civ a resource, just before it is ready to invade me. Your scouts can determine where the invasion army is. This seemed to work, because the next turn England invaded Spain. The AI at least wants what it pays for. It will not attack me, because the deal would be over. With its army built up, it had to invade someone. Spain was the only other option.

Depends on what you did. If you expanded too agressively near a lot of other civs, that would do the trick. And of course, if three or four AI civs hate you and nobody actually LIKES you, chances are there will be some AI pairs that declare war on you together.

I understand they were angry, but I was surprised everyone DOW'd me. Harun especially. He really liked me and I was sad to lose him as a trade partner since he was rich :cry:.

If you completely conquered a civ, you get tagged as a GENOCIDER. Everyone will hate you for it. If you didn't they probably have a secret clique with Defensive Pacts with each other. If civs declare on you on the same turn, that's likely an indication.

If you completely conquered a civ, you get tagged as a GENOCIDER. Everyone will hate you for it. If you didn't they probably have a secret clique with Defensive Pacts with each other. If civs declare on you on the same turn, that's likely an indication.

That wouldn't make sense. Defensive pacts only kick in if one of the participants is ATTACKED. For example, if I have a defensive pact with England but I go off and attack France, the defensive pact doesn't come into effect. In fact, I'm pretty sure defensive pacts would be cancelled in that case, in that pacts are cancelled if one of the participants declares war on someone else.

I just conquered England's last city and got no penalty. Catherine and Isabella still have the same relations with me as before. I will keep and eye out and see if that changes.

"Genocider" is not an in-game term. You do it, expect chain denouncements. If you didn't get those, expect people to not trade you for full price, even if they're friendly.

Once, everybody turned on the my best friend Gustavus Adolphus (my first God and Kings game) and I was the only one that refused to turn his back on me, several turns later, Maria, William, Theodora, Haile and I think somebody else all attacked me... it was such a annoying thing because the AI was super unwilling to make peace (I had literally a 300 years war with Dido the same game because she wouldn't budge to make proper peace despite me almost annhilating her).

Diplomacy needs tweaking? :p

But all declaring war on you is good, if that would actually halt some AI's from eating up all the others. But since it's not preventing at all, it's stupid...

The other AIs still fought each other. Rome and France had a very intense war and China was destroyed by the Mongols (historical accuracy FTW.)

I just conquered England's last city and got no penalty. Catherine and Isabella still have the same relations with me as before. I will keep and eye out and see if that changes.

A friendly AI will often hide the things they don't like about you, however once you go over a certain threshold all of a sudden all of the negative modifiers will appear.

the ai is hyper agressive in this game on king or higher. keep this in mind, and try to build a large army ASAP. I wouldnt be surprised if Ghandi uses 10 nukes on you.

A friendly AI will often hide the things they don't like about you, however once you go over a certain threshold all of a sudden all of the negative modifiers will appear.

I am the Danes, who don't play well with others. We'll see, right now Cathy is eating out of my hand.

to wit:

Spoiler :

And this...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

arwa el kul malkaya bal mahu...ek taliyatakh!

to wit:

Spoiler :

And this...

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

arwa el kul malkaya bal mahu...ek taliyatakh!

None yet in my game. Amazing. Well then I will genocide them all then. :lol: They can't stop me now anyway. I control Ireland completely. Which means they won't know where I am coming from. I have longships, they don't. :D

I have been stuck on an island with two other civs. They DoWed me together. Which is fine. Someone had to control the island. They just felt I should be the first to go. :D

The trick is to get them to fight each other. One thing I did was to sell the closest AI civ a resource, just before it is ready to invade me. Your scouts can determine where the invasion army is. This seemed to work, because the next turn England invaded Spain. The AI at least wants what it pays for. It will not attack me, because the deal would be over. With its army built up, it had to invade someone. Spain was the only other option.

I wouldn't be so sure. The other day, I sold some Spices to England and she DoW on the very next turn. I was like, "Hey Lizzie, thanks for the free gold!"

Top Bottom