Top 5 rpg

I game on a laptop, works fine for me. Don't let the build-a-pc master race make you feel bad.

:lol: could you tell me what is your laptop? I google about vaio, it do have many complain because of over heat from the customer, I think I'm going for laptop also.

:lol: could you tell me what is your laptop? I google about vaio, it do have many complain because of over heat from the customer, I think I'm going for laptop also.
This is my laptop. I can run pretty much anything already out at reasonable settings (although this obviously won't be the case in the future), and it was ~ $900. I need a laptop in my situation, so it works nicely for me.

I will check your suggestion, have you ever heard Anachronox? I heard it is quite a good and funny rpg, do you think it is light enough for laptop and worth to try?

It runs nicely on my 10 years old desktop PC, so I guess a current laptop should be able to handle it.
Can't say much about the game, have only started in the last year for one weekend, and hadn't have more time to play, but it seems to be still playable (in the sense of gameplay and graphics), and it's not a bad game.

i heard anachronox has trouble with modern graphics cards. not certain. should have similar issues with deus ex.

as for laptops, lenovos are still good value for money but the thinkpad product line they acquired seems to be transformed into an ultrabook series. slim but not as tough or customisable as the olde ibm thinkpads. most people recommend asus or msi for value/cost.

avoid alienware unless you REALLY love that silly alien logo. they're more overpriced than apple products now.

I have fond memories of Anachronox, but already at the time there were some annoying things about it.

Good things:
- Cool story
- Cool setting
- Seriously awesome music
- Decent dialog with some pretty funny parts

Potentially not-so-good things:
- Some long and boring dungeons
- Extremely long fights, even menial fights seem to take forever, and too many fights
- Save points, I believe (?)
- I guess the character progression + gear must be kind of bland because I don't remember much about how you leveled up and progressed?

I game on a laptop, works fine for me. Don't let the build-a-pc master race make you feel bad.
I can also watch a movie on an I-pad. Still will be pretty terrible compared to watching it in a theater.

This is my laptop. I can run pretty much anything already out at reasonable settings (although this obviously won't be the case in the future), and it was ~ $900. I need a laptop in my situation, so it works nicely for me.

Your laptop really look cool, and it is thick, typical gaming laptop, so it is also not easily get heat like my silly laptop.

It runs nicely on my 10 years old desktop PC, so I guess a current laptop should be able to handle it.
Can't say much about the game, have only started in the last year for one weekend, and hadn't have more time to play, but it seems to be still playable (in the sense of gameplay and graphics), and it's not a bad game.

Sound that game not that appealing, I should prepare the game far before holiday I guess, now I pass it without playing anything.

avoid alienware unless you REALLY love that silly alien logo. they're more overpriced than apple products now.

Thanks! You save me really! I was thinking to buy a second one, but I guess I'm out for Lenovo or Asus right now, the second one also, because I check the price in south east asia is still up to $900 my budget is around $500 dollar now getting stronger just few months ago dollar is like 1.8 (in comparison with the salary that I taking in this country) now is more than 2.25. And most of the computer things the price is really dependent on dollar.

:( long boring dungeon and long period of fighting is kind like a un-necessary torture in rpg, remind me of beyond the beyond (one of the worst rpg ever in playstation). If I want to play dungeoun and fighting game with adventure (and hard) I will play a game like Alundra, or even try Zelda. Thank you for the information!

- Save points, I believe (?)
- I guess the character progression + gear must be kind of bland because I don't remember much about how you leveled up and progressed?

The save points can be deactivated, but I guess about the rest you're probably right.
But as said, I'm not yet really far.

And it answers the point how, exactly ?
I said I NEED to have a laptop in my situation, and you still came with the tired "laptops are for plebs" shtick. I know desktop gaming is better, but it's not an option for me, and it's really annoying when people try to shame me for it or something equally silly. Why do you care if I game on a laptop? I don't care if you watch movies on your iPad or in the theater, if you play games on your iPad or on your desktop, do what you want and what works for you. No need to be a condescending snob.

I said I NEED to have a laptop in my situation and you still came with the tired "laptops are for plebs" shtick.
Wut ?

First you didn't say you "needed" to have a laptop (Haroon is the only one who said it, and nobody insisted after that BTW), second you were already making snide remarks about the "tired shtick" in your FIRST post on this point - you were already angry at nonexistent replies before they could even be written in the first place ? About them ignoring points you never actually wrote anyway ?

Are you all right up here ?

Umm... yes I did?

I need a laptop in my situation, so it works nicely for me.

I don't know why you care if someone games on a laptop. It's obnoxious when you talk down to someone for how they play video games.

Hu hello, this post was written AFTER the one where you were already supposedly angry at still nonexistent replies ?

Are you drunk or what ?

I think in many case many of the pc narcissist tend to abuse with their comment other non pc player in forum, or internet commentary. Like console game is too easy, crappy, they are using weak machine, they cannot play/add mods, they are this and that, in that case I really agree with Zack they are quite annoying and snobby, and the image that he post is exactly portrait the situation. So I understand why Zack post what he post, and I think it is valid in some case.

However Akka also never meant to post with such intention, he just question me how can I enjoy playing in laptop that have such limitation, and we must remember he himself is/was a console player (he play jrpg at snes and ps). So I think this is just a miss understanding guys ;)

that card is so funny though I keep laughing each time I see that even now when I remember about the card :lol: I thought that post is related to whomever pc nazi here or out there, but not Akka, it just a very common misunderstanding. Peoples shouldn't took it seriously and too sensitively.

The first feeling of reading something snide about the subject is when you pulled out the "PC master race" card. You may have misunderstood the tone of something.
I wasn't really being serious when I posted that, and it wasn't directed at anyone in particular. Plus it's funny.

I can also watch a movie on an I-pad. Still will be pretty terrible compared to watching it in a theater.

But regardless, this was fairly condescending, no? And pretty "PC master race"-ey, so I was being serious the second time I said it.

of course watching a movie with Ipad is terrible compare to watching it in cinema in the terms of enjoyment. It is comparable, with pc and who have a thin, easily get heat laptop like I do, I think the analogy is comparable, as I playing game with much less weaker engine and suffered certain limitation.

But my condition is like you, having a pc will burden lots of my movement and tire me a lots, so I need somekind of a gaming laptop like the one that you had: thick design, with better cooler, and completely been adapted for gaming experience. I have no problem playing game in laptop, the most important things it can play the game smoothly. I really don't care about the screen and keyboard, it is not important for me

Top Bottom