DoW without WHEOOHRN

Major Tom

Immortal
What are the conditions (thresholds) for DoWing with and without WHEOOHRN?

That pescy Augustus dowed me in the same turn as he got rifles. No WHEOOHRNwarning:(

It is possible for the AI to declare war opportunistically, but that happens fairly rarely.

In my experience, more commonly, you don't get to see WHEOORN because there is nobody the AI could declare on. This could happen if there is no 3rd party both of you have contact with that's not a vassal of either of you, or if the AI has a forced peace treaty with all candidates.
In those situations, you won't see the BUG red fist. However, you can easily check this in the diplo screen - if nobody is listed under possible war targets, you can't get WHEOORN information. They might still be plotting, but there's no way for you to find out.

Ah, I see. I realize had a 2 GPT peacetreaty (for vassalpreemption) so I was not on the list and therefore no fist. Thanks for input!

Perhaps in future BUGmod there will be %warprobability instead of fist :)

Perhaps in future BUGmod there will be %warprobability instead of fist :)
I doubt it; since without BUG you couldn't find that info, it would be changing gameplay to give you that info. All the info BUG presents on the main screen is available to the player withou BUG, just buried on many different screens.

I doubt it; since without BUG you couldn't find that info, it would be changing gameplay to give you that info. All the info BUG presents on the main screen is available to the player withou BUG, just buried on many different screens.

Is'nt this just a matter of calculation, just as automatic counting of prechopping threes is?

Is'nt this just a matter of calculation, just as automatic counting of prechopping threes is?
All things in civ are matters of calculation, the issue is where the data from the calculations comes from. All info for pre-chopping is available ingame, while war declaration chances rely on knowledge taken from the gamecode meaning it would violate the unaltered part!

All things in civ are matters of calculation, the issue is where the data from the calculations comes from. All info for pre-chopping is available ingame, while war declaration chances rely on knowledge taken from the gamecode meaning it would violate the unaltered part!

What about combat-odds? Don't see difference.

What are the conditions (thresholds) for DoWing with and without WHEOOHRN?

That pescy Augustus dowed me in the same turn as he got rifles. No WHEOOHRNwarning:(

If you want to know how it really works, which myself didn't bother, type "is there any logic to AI war" or something like that. A dude made a complete and most exact explanation about AI decisions to war.

What do You mean by "WHEOOHRNwarning" - "We have got enough on our hands right now" is only displayed by an red fist in BUG mod, next to the score points so there is no "warning" I guess. It just means that AI Civ is getting prepared for a war, does not mean it actually gonna DOW someone ! Besides reality shifts from turn to turn so I guess You've got some bad diplo score against Augustus for him to DOW You ;) AI is is predictible like that, especially when You know the quirks (odds and ends of each leader)* but not always ;) Keep that in mind ;)

*not apllied when playing "random personalities" ;)

PS. A "Glance" outlook is a good indicator to see "what's what" and "who's who" if You know what I mean ;) Diplomacy isn't that hard once You comprehend the meaning of all this ;) Of course there are some leaders that will still DOW You even when "pleased" (Catherine of Russia being one of them ! ^^ :D) You would be wise to visit a post which shows different leaders status towards You and if thay can DOW You" post. Unfortuanately I've lost the track of it so You'll just have to find it on Your own ;)

I could have sworn that you could get combat odds w/o BUG. (Base game.)

of course You can !! Just press and hold right mouse button while You're at it !! (and be observant for a change) :D Silly Boy ! ..... :crazyeye: :lol:

WHEOOHRN doesn't have to mean war. Sometimes it is because of barbarians. If there is no current war or barb problems then they are preparing for war.

A declaration of war out of the blue is very rare.

I do remember a conversation with Hannibal.
He wanted tribute. I said no. He immediately declared war.
End of talk.

End of talk.

Well, not so sure about very rare and I still wonder what the triggerformula is in those conditions. I was pushing Darius borders once. He lined up military at the border. No wheoorn. Next turn they attacked. No talking there either.

End of talk.

Happened once or twice to me. Very rare, but happens if they are already powerful (little need to prepare) and you're PATHETICALLY weak. You gotta have 1 archer in your capital for this to happen :p

Happened once or twice to me. Very rare, but happens if they are already powerful (little need to prepare) and you're PATHETICALLY weak. You gotta have 1 archer in your capital for this to happen :p

Not sure the exact relevance of this, as I normally keep 1 unit in my core cities any ways. Now, if you only kept 1 unit in your border cities, than I could see your point. Could you expand a bit on this?

To finally answer the original question.
It seems the only way a war can start without WHEOOHRN is if an AI is using the DAGGER strategy, information about AI war decisions can be found in this thread, and this post is particularly useful in regards to DAGGER.

Nothing to do with power provided you don't exceed the AIs no war threshold.

To finally answer the original question.
It seems the only way a war can start without WHEOOHRN is if an AI is using the DAGGER strategy, information about AI war decisions can be found in this thread, and this post is particularly useful in regards to DAGGER.

Nothing to do with power provided you don't exceed the AIs no war threshold.

Thanks!

Top Bottom