How is your Victoria Game going?

Sounds like you had a good one! I united Germany in my first game as Prussia, haven't gone back to it (until maybe AHD comes out, I'll give Germany another go).

Yeah I'm a Germany addict in Paradox games, you can see my 5ish EU3 German Empires in the Death and Taxes Empire thread on Paradox forums, or my imageshack. Knew I had to form Greater Germany when I saw it was possible in V2. Problem is I only learned how to play with one of 4 or 5 literate nations in Victoria 2.

Late game, I recommend letting your country fall to the first Communist or Fascist rebels you get to prevent future rebellions. Russia needs to be guided with a strong hand. :)

This is what I'm really looking forward to. Nothing like RPing the Soviet Union.

Yeah I'm a Germany addict in Paradox games, you can see my 5ish EU3 German Empires in the Death and Taxes Empire thread on Paradox forums, or my imageshack. Knew I had to form Greater Germany when I saw it was possible in V2. Problem is I only learned how to play with one of 4 or 5 literate nations in Victoria 2.

I would be too if I played more games. :) I like to play the German and Italian minors in EU3, and the corresponding unifications in Vic2. Still haven't played Germany in HoI3, though.

This is what I'm really looking forward to. Nothing like RPing the Soviet Union.

It's essential. :)

If the US is at war, then does the ACW start get delayed? Reason is, the US is at war with Austria along with about 30 other countries in my France PDM game (including me and allies) and it has landed forces in Modena. Its 1860. Personally, I would like to see an ACW battle in Italy.

Well here's Italy.

It was hard fighting Austria, who kept sending endless waves of soldiers towards my rapidly diminishing lines, but eventually they gave up. After much messing about I finally managed to dislodge all the Italian minors from French/Austrian hold. My industrial score doubled upon inheriting all of Italy, only problem being I feel a bit overwhelmed with everything I've got now. Should I let the computer manage my industry from now on? I think I'm going to focus on colonisation. Perhaps re-live history and take areas the Italians historically did.

Attachments

• 2011-12-23_00001.jpg
    2011-12-23_00001.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 288
  • 2011-12-23_00002.jpg
    2011-12-23_00002.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 2011-12-23_00003.jpg
    2011-12-23_00003.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 215
Well here's Italy.

It was hard fighting Austria, who kept sending endless waves of soldiers towards my rapidly diminishing lines, but eventually they gave up. After much messing about I finally managed to dislodge all the Italian minors from French/Austrian hold. My industrial score doubled upon inheriting all of Italy, only problem being I feel a bit overwhelmed with everything I've got now. Should I let the computer manage my industry from now on? I think I'm going to focus on colonisation. Perhaps re-live history and take areas the Italians historically did.

You managed it without Cavour's diplomacy (I hate giving away Nice and NW Savoy)--nicely done! Is enacting "Avante Italia!" rewarding or what?

You are still small enough to manage your factories if you want to--and if you intentionally set up modern factories (like electrical gear, later automobiles, telephones, planes, etc.), you will be raking in money. Can't always rely on the capitalists to do that for you. Also, I think Italy needs some colonies as a proper great power, and surely you can do better than wasting decades against Ethiopia.

Looks like the other Italian states didn't build massive wineries. When I formed Italy in my Two Sicilies game, Tuscany had a level 13 winery. They must have been really drunk.

My German Empire game in PDM.
Spoiler :

The Germans were pretty lonely at first, they had no allies.:(
So, what do the Germans do when they have no allies?
They cut Austria into pieces, of course!
My allies are currently Austria, Hungary, Italy, Romania, Croatia, Bosnia and Montenegro, of which all of them are under my sphere of influence except for Italy.
I've declared war on the French a while ago so I can expand the reich. They were allied with the USA and.. *gulp*, THE SWISS, so it was no big deal.
Meanwhile, the Russians decide to declare war on me to regain warsaw, bringing in the Spanish, English, Dutch and Serbs against me.
Now I'm holding up against 2 different wars on 2 different fronts.
Any tips?

Try to get 1 of your wars peaced ASAP so you are not stuck fighting 2 front wars. That has never ended well for me.

Decided to finish off that Germany game after all. Once again, Vanilla 1.3. Big world map:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Level 6 forts like a boss

Spoiler :

South American representation for once. Chile beat the pants off of Brazil. I chalk the European's poor showing up to Italy failing to unite, me erasing Austria from the map, Russia failing completely despite spanking the Ottomans, and France wetting its shorts at my Ango-German alliance.

After much wrangling I have started my Russia game, turns out latest PDM update has a monster Russia with a ton of industry...I'm still a little hazy on mechanics, which factors will push Russia toward revolution in mid-late game?

I downloaded PDM but it's not as impressive as I thought it would be.

After looking at the tutorial on Victoria 2, I decided to try it out again and have been able to survive a decade without insurrections. Starting out as Brazil as it seems to be a fairly easy nation to get ones bearings with. Perhaps later on, I'll start as a European country.

German Empire in PDM.

Spoiler World map 1913 :

Try to get 1 of your wars peaced ASAP so you are not stuck fighting 2 front wars. That has never ended well for me.

I ended up ceding Warsaw without a fight so I could focus on the French, I grabbed 2 regions from them.
I attacked the Russians years later during the numerous revolts they had. I ended up regaining Warsaw and Romania gained Basarabia.

To the east of the empire...

Hungary and Romania, the nations which I have liberated and helped to expand are not doing so well. The Hungarians have been genociding themselves through revolts, resulting their population going from 1.98 M to around 1.30 M. And Romania.. well.. they're having a huge fascist revolt which will probably end up with alot of deaths.

Other than that, nothing happened. Except for the conquest of some Dutch provinces and flanders.

Oh, yeah. And this:
Spoiler :

My good old Italian friends. They decided to betray me by dishonoring my call.

I am intrigued by a naval Great War against Japan. I'd get to building Dreadnoughts and the component industries with the quickness.

Also if you strip Austria of Moravia and get them to release Slovenia and Venice and Milan, then you can annex Austria Anschluss style.

USA annexed Egypt?

Yes.

I am intrigued by a naval Great War against Japan. I'd get to building Dreadnoughts and the component industries with the quickness.

Also if you strip Austria of Moravia and get them to release Slovenia and Venice and Milan, then you can annex Austria Anschluss style.

The war will not only be against the Japs. They are now allied with all great powers, they will join the war against me soon. (except for Russia, thank god)
Also, had no idea that I can anschluss in PDM, thank you.

Top Bottom