Main Download Information

With the patch 3.19?

I'm trying to edit the CIV4CivicInfos.xml but it's not taking affect in the game.

I have the latest version and I have activated the "Read Game options from XML, not .ini" in the Rise of Mankind.ini

It used to be fairly straightforward editing this file. But nothing I seem to be doing in this version seems to be working.

What are some good mapscripts to use with the AND mod? I like earth-like/realistic maps the best. Any suggestions on what maps to use and their options would be great. Thanks!

What are some good mapscripts to use with the AND mod? I like earth-like/realistic maps the best. Any suggestions on what maps to use and their options would be great. Thanks!
I enjoy perfectmongoose or totestra, although sometimes they generate strange maps, the last one without rivers from time to time due to a bug.

Hello, 45°38'N-13°47'E, Afforess and other AND2 modders! First of all, I have to thank you for your excellent work on this mod! Fortunately, it wasn't abandoned after all!

I'm playing the current version of AND2 and, after three different games, with three different sets of BtS, BUG and AND options, I've realized that my enemies have never used spies against me. This is contrasting with Vanilla Civ4 and other mods, where the A.I. use of Espionage is constant and, sometimes, exaggerated.

I have not disabled Espionage in any of these three games, but this odd situation happened in all of them. Sorry for the (probable) silly question, but are you aware of the A.I.'s lack of disposition to use Espionage against the player in AND2? If this is a problem, could it be solved in any way?

Hehehe. At least now AND is a stand-alone mod, rather than being a mod for a different mod (RoM).

Hello, 45°38'N-13°47'E, Afforess and other AND2 modders! First of all, I have to thank you for your excellent work on this mod! Fortunately, it wasn't abandoned after all!

I'm playing the current version of AND2 and, after three different games, with three different sets of BtS, BUG and AND options, I've realized that my enemies have never used spies against me. This is contrasting with Vanilla Civ4 and other mods, where the A.I. use of Espionage is constant and, sometimes, exaggerated.

I have not disabled Espionage in any of these three games, but this odd situation happened in all of them. Sorry for the (probable) silly question, but are you aware of the A.I.'s lack of disposition to use Espionage against the player in AND2? If this is a problem, could it be solved in any way?

Think that's best asked in the Bug Reports section, if you haven't already :)

Where can I post suggestions for the AND2 modders? :confused:

There are many dedicated threads:
Vokarya's Workshop: Buildings
Vokarya's Workshop: Units
Vokarya's Workshop: Wonders
Civics Improvements Suggestions
etc...

In case you don't find any thread fitting your ideas, you can always open a new one.

Hi everyone;
I'm very new to this mod. I just read about the 'better bts ai.' Is it something I need to download and activate? If so How? do you guys play with it? I just don't wanna miss a better ai,which is hard to find in a game, if it's not so buggy or affect the stability of the game.

Thanks a lot

Hi everyone;
I'm very new to this mod. I just read about the 'better bts ai.' Is it something I need to download and activate? If so How? do you guys play with it? I just don't wanna miss a better ai,which is hard to find in a game, if it's not so buggy or affect the stability of the game.

Thanks a lot

AFAIK it is part of the mod for ages and the devs are working on it to improve further.

I haven't played this mod since... I don't know, 2013? I'd like to play it on GEM map so I'd like to ask you - is the performance in later eras improved in latest release? I remember getting veeeeery long turn times in late renaissance on that insanely huge map...

I haven't played this mod since... I don't know, 2013? I'd like to play it on GEM map so I'd like to ask you - is the performance in later eras improved in latest release? I remember getting veeeeery long turn times in late renaissance on that insanely huge map...
On my 7 years old computer I get 1 minute turns in modern era on large maps. Much depends on options anyway.

Ok, I'll give it another try ;) There are many Civ IV mods but unfortunately all of them have one or two things that make the mod bad... Old RoM had MAF errors which made it unplayable. Older versions of AND (which I played) had long late game turns which also was definately not fun at all (my hardware's fault, not yours - I know). Realism Invictus has cool concept, but for some reason devs decided to include new aggressive AI which makes the mod unplayable (for me, in my last game only I was a proper empire, all other civs were reduced to one cities by constant wars). Caveman 2 Cosmos has some really weird concepts that I dislike (culture as world wonders? Eee, nope...).

Actually AND (and RoM before) is what I call "exactly how Civ IV should look like". The pinnacle of modding. I always do small tweaks to make the mod suit my preferences (longer research times, faster unit/building construction and few other things), but AND is the perfect "base" for that. If latest version would indeed work well and fast in later eras - then I think I've finally found my beloved way to play Civ IV, the best Civ game so far.

Thanks for your work, devs!

If you find long turn times, try LOW graphics setting.

It makes no visable difference to the games display, but quickens the turn times considerably.

others are available as well, the view ports option, would help as well, but mainly, 1 Gig graphics card is really needed, though I've gotten by on a 256Meg before. Older computer as well.

Map size, Smaller=Faster

Enjoy the game, I certainly do.

Top Bottom