Something you don't see in your Every Game

If just CS could do this to Major Civs, Shaka would think twice before he bully Kyzyl.
Spoiler :

CS CAN definitely do that to major civs, however it does require the major civ to do a DOW. I got a screenshot of Singapore having captured a Russian city that was a full continent away from them and keeping it somewhere, so yeah...
It is rare to see a CS grabbing another CS. I'm going to guess that they both had different allies at war?

CS CAN definitely do that to major civs, however it does require the major civ to do a DOW. I got a screenshot of Singapore having captured a Russian city that was a full continent away from them and keeping it somewhere, so yeah...
It is rare to see a CS grabbing another CS. I'm going to guess that they both had different allies at war?
Yes that's what exactly happen.

You can watch Moraiarte's Hiawatha let's play video. City-state captures Incan(iirc) capital there and makes it puppet.

Yeah feeding city states is really fun. Although the largest I've ever grown a city state was to like 3. I wonder if a city state got every capital it would win?

Yeah feeding city states is really fun. Although the largest I've ever grown a city state was to like 3. I wonder if a city state got every capital it would win?

It would be one of a kind Diplomatic Victory.
Happy New year 2014! :beer:

CSes used to be much more aggressive than they are now - I miss the days when, in one of my games, Sydney controlled three cities (one of them Mecca) and razed a fourth. Though it only took Mecca after I'd reduced the defences.

I won a domination victory thanks to helping several CS defend themselves from capitols that were too close to them. After I finished off the other AIs, I just "married" the various CS holding capitols to win.

You can watch Moraiarte's Hiawatha let's play video. City-state captures Incan(iirc) capital there and makes it puppet.

It's at 27 minutes in this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvQH-ph6z1M.

As it shows, he mouses-over the domination victory screen and it says "The Inca have not built a capital," so I don't think a CS with every capital would "win". A player/civ has to own the capitals.

It'd be nice if some CSs acted more like major Civs, like the militaristic ones going out and conquering all it's neighbors.

Neighboring CS used to get into perpetual war with each other in my Vanilla games, even though there were no major civ DOWs driving them. But without a civ tipping the balance they can never conquer, it's just constant back and forth - one side's units die, so the other side rushes the city and all its units die, then reverse, repeat forever.

I have often seen CS capture other cities. Back in vanilla, I even won a domination victory when my CS ally captured Paris, which was the last enemy capital standing.

But the attached screenshot is the first time I have ever seen a CS (or an AI!) that built a fort. I still have no idea why they decided they needed one.
Civ5Screen0010.jpg

I have often seen CS capture other cities. Back in vanilla, I even won a domination victory when my CS ally captured Paris, which was the last enemy capital standing.

But the attached screenshot is the first time I have ever seen a CS (or an AI!) that built a fort. I still have no idea why they decided they needed one.
View attachment 367659

I've never seen a CS actually build their own fort, but I usually build some between them and a major civ, and their borders end up taking it.

I've never seen a CS actually build their own fort, but I usually build some between them and a major civ, and their borders end up taking it.

Well, I didn't build this one, and it's in the first ring around the CS, so I assume they must have built it themselves.

View attachment 367659

I've seen them build Forts before, but only to improve flat Tundra tiles before they research Guilds.

I have no idea what would prompt them to do it to a Grassland Hill instead - it can't be lack of tech in this case, so you've got me stumped.

I've seen them build Forts before, but only to improve flat Tundra tiles before they research Guilds.

I have no idea what would prompt them to do it to a Grassland Hill instead - it can't be lack of tech in this case, so you've got me stumped.

Well, if you look at the minimap, there's a large civ just to the South, so maybe they have military concerns?

I recall seeing several city-states building forts in games shortly after BNW came out. I remember it because it seemed so strange. I haven't seen it since.

Well, if you look at the minimap, there's a large civ just to the South, so maybe they have military concerns?

Maybe. But that's Austria, and I can't see Maria Teresa declaring war on a CS (even when run by the AI).

Top Bottom