Yabayabapets

Chieftain
This thing will improve your Game performance

Just go to : Documents\My games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5
and find the config.ini file

and edit the line
; Set to 1 to disable Waves system
make it 1 instead of 0

this will remove the waves animation on shores and will make you game run smoother :)

I havent tried tweaking the other lines because Im scared of crashing my system If anyone of you knows the whole function in the config.ini file pls comment.

NOTE:Im only posting this because I want to help others that have slow PC but this doesnt mean that I have a slow PC :clap:

here is what youll find in the .ini file

[DisableSystems]
; Set to 1 to disable Terrain system
Terrain = 0
; Set to 1 to disable LandmarkSystem system
LandmarkSystem = 0
; Set to 1 to disable Overlay system
Overlay = 0
; Set to 1 to disable OverlayDebug system
OverlayDebug = 1
; Set to 1 to disable Decal system
Decal = 0
; Set to 1 to disable City system
City = 0
; Set to 1 to disable Unit system
Unit = 0
; Set to 1 to disable Forest system
Forest = 0
; Set to 1 to disable River system
River = 0
; Set to 1 to disable LeaderHead system
LeaderHead = 0
; Set to 1 to disable Audio system
Audio = 0
; Set to 1 to disable Combat system
Combat = 0
; Set to 1 to disable Particle system
Particle = 0
; Set to 1 to disable Projectile system
Projectile = 0
; Set to 1 to disable FOW system
FOW = 0
; Set to 1 to disable FluidFOW system
FluidFOW = 0
; Set to 1 to disable YieldIcons system
YieldIcons = 0
; Set to 1 to disable DistanceFog system
DistanceFog = 0
; Set to 1 to disable StrategicView system
StrategicView = 0
; Set to 1 to disable Minimap system
Minimap = 0
; Set to 1 to disable ColorKeyEdit system
ColorKeyEdit = 1
; Set to 1 to disable Waves system
Waves = 1
; Set to 1 to disable Arrows system
Arrows = 0
; Set to 1 to disable MovementPath system
MovementPath = 0

Or you could upgrade your PC? A game running faster with certain graphics disabled is nothing new, and I have no idea why I would want to turn off the waves animations.

What does the Waves animations do? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don't know much about this

Oh, I thought Waves could be a type of animation, not literally waves. How dumb of me :lol:

Thank you anyways :)

i will have to try this, thanks for the advice, to those who say 'why not just upgrade your system', because i'd rather spend $2k on something else than making a video game run smoother? :eek:

i will have to try this, thanks for the advice, to those who say 'why not just upgrade your system', because i'd rather spend $2k on something else than making a video game run smoother? :eek:

Its a simple animation issue. Its nothing more than a mid range $100-150 graphics card would fix.

Or you could upgrade your PC? A game running faster with certain graphics disabled is nothing new, and I have no idea why I would want to turn off the waves animations.

Its a simple animation issue. Its nothing more than a mid range $100-150 graphics card would fix.

You're still comparing something that costs money to something free. More importantly, a lot of people use laptops, so they can't upgrade their graphics card. And regardless of how powerful my system is, I still get a good boost from turning off certain animations. No graphics card is going to eliminate the benefit of turning on quick combat, or turning off unit movement animations. I can't speak for this tweak, but it could have it's uses.

Believe it or not, in the start of a standard map for me, it would lag. Disabling this, made a big difference, but will continue to play to see how long the effect continues.

i didn't find a dramatic difference, so im just going to stick to playing in strategic view.. which i have grown to prefer anyhow, it might not be as pretty, but the straight-down view and very clear icons makes everything easier, the slanted vision and crowded terrain/units can sometimes appear cluttered and confusing playing in normal view.

Why use up money that can be used elsewhere if cosmetic waves are not important? Also buying a good graphics card takes more than just choosing any `mid range` you see. It takes a while of work to get something good for the long term and not waste money just for some `waves`.

Seriously, I would use it and save cash. Except I built my PC as future proofed for a good few years so every game I buy works fine anyway.

Point is this thread helps people who don`t have money to throw away glibly like it grows on trees.

Thanks, OP.

Top Bottom