Empire Split...

kirkham7

Warlord
I find this quite interesting, I just split the Zulus, but this is near the beginning of the game, no civilizations have been conquered so far. It opened up a new color. I did choose 3 civilizations so only white, green, and blue are used. I was under the impression that empires can only be split after you have conquered a civilization, and if their capital is the first city you capture... I took a screenshot so you can see, and I attached my saved game.

Attachments

• CIVIL0.MAP
    12.2 KB · Views: 77
  • CIVIL0.SVE
    37 KB · Views: 51
  • zulu_split.jpg
    zulu_split.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 296
That is so cool when that happens! When I first saw it I went out and made it a mission to make it happen more often. :)

These are all needed:
- There needs to be at least one civilization* not used in the game, like darkpanda said.
- The Civ of which you just captured the capital has to have at least 4 cities remaining (the capital doesn't need to be the first city)
- The Civ has to be larger than you are. (I can't tell you what 'larger' means, if this is population or number of cities)

*The "one civ needs to be destroyed already" is only if you were playing with all civs. I'm not sure if this means 'civs' or colors. I don't think you can have 2 civs of the same color, so I guess that you need at least one color unused.

Both civs (Loyal and Rebel) will get a free Palace.

Oh right, I only chose 3, I always play with all 7. :)
Good information. Anyways, off to play some more, Merry Christmas all!

Hello, I just started a new emperor Game and also made a nice Split.

I try the Mongol startegy, already killed the Mongols, Indians, Egypts and Aztecs. In 1500BC the greeks where by far the lagest civ on the map. I found thier capital and immeadiately took it :)

Now they are nearly done, haha... The Egypts took like 2/3 of thier empire. I took another city and they see to be nearly defeted.

Update: The Egypts only got 1 city! It was thier biggest, Sparta. After conquering it, the Egypts were defeated.

2nd Update: after defeating the Egyps, the Aztecs came back! So both Egypts and Atzteks appeared 2 times on the map. I never saw that before.

This might become my first successfull Emperor game :)

Hey, I finished my Emperor Game with a Chariot Rush 120BC...

There are 2 funny things I noticed:

1. I got to times the same picture in the "victim-gallery":crazyeye:
2. In the replay, the split of the empire isnt shown. The cities stay red, although they were Egypt :eek:

It was my best game so far...

171%, 120BC

In a second try I could surely max-out the points by pushing the city size with luxury...

Sometimes Civ's replay function gets bugged like that when civs are wiped out and then reappear after a split. You'll notice that in the chronology of events it might say something like '3980BC: Egyptians found Tenochtitlan'. Of course, it was the Aztecs then, the Egyptians appeared centuries later after a civil war... But the game thinks they're one and the same. Not always, but sometimes.

Many bugs in the way Civ remembers things at the end.

Now that I now thats CIvs can reappear and are displayed several times at the board, I ask my self: Can you overfill it?

I mean it should be possible to get more than 21 pictures on that screen...
What would happen then?

Anybody ever tried? Will Civ just get stuck or collapse?
Or what is the highest number of eliminated Civs? I reached 12 with a split...

The maximum number of individual civs you can kill is indeed 12, with the 13th, unkillable one, being the alternate for your colour - that has no way of appearing in game while you're alive, and the 14th being you. What happens when you kill the 12 plus 1 if someone appears for the second time? Well, apparently what you experienced. The game has no other civs or picture slots, so it would just overwrite a previous one, one of the two slots allocated for the respective color.

And what if there are 2 or more splits per game?

Is this possible? I might try to provocate this...

Top Bottom