Should Shoshone build another pathfinder?

Again, can anyone share they way they are using the pathfinders/scouts? You seem to popping a lot more ruins than me. I try to do concentric circles away from the capital and don't get sidetracked by barb camps until I think there are no ruins left.

Shoshone should build another pathfinder even though the pathfinder requires more :c5production: than the regular scout.

On most maps, absolutely. Setting aside the ruins bonus, they're great at ambushing civilian units.

Again, can anyone share they way they are using the pathfinders/scouts? You seem to popping a lot more ruins than me. I try to do concentric circles away from the capital and don't get sidetracked by barb camps until I think there are no ruins left.

Don't get distracted by barbarians. Scouts and pathfinders aren't meant for beating down encampments. If you come across one that needs taking out, use a warrior or an archer for the job. If you tie your scout up doing that then you won't find as many ruins as you would otherwise.

Don't get distracted by barbarians. Scouts and pathfinders aren't meant for beating down encampments. If you come across one that needs taking out, use a warrior or an archer for the job. If you tie your scout up doing that then you won't find as many ruins as you would otherwise.

Thats wrong too, use all your units to scout, then switch to barb camp killing to earn extra cash.

One scout pulling light scouting duties and defense against barbs sounds like a plan. With that much land, I'm sure research and development of luxury resources tiles takes priority over developing the soldier. If Shoshone were to build tall, the scout helps with city placement (think a radii of five tiles instead of the usual three!)

Shoshone doesn't get extra work radius. They just start with more tiles in their control...their cities still only have a 3 tile work radius.

I almost always build one as my first build, but I haven't yet built more then that. I usually go Pathfinder-> Worker, since I think stealing workers is an exploit and I almost always go Tradition.

Top Bottom