Why no connection to capitol?

Why would there be a connection? You don't have a road yet, and given how early you are in the game I doubt you've researched compass and harbors yet.

You need The Wheel before the connection will be made I believe.

Don't worry about it man. I have a hunch your cities will connect in about 6 turns. Sometimes they take awhile to start liking each other, they're emotional like that.

Yeap, just if you need a third opinion.

Carthage starts connecting cities when you have researched The Wheel (which, ironically, you are).

Hmm, That seems way to Over powered. I do not recall ever playing as Dido. But you should not get the free harbors until you have the tech!!

Given that that's practically the only interesting thing about carthage at all, it doesn't seem all that overpowered.

Movement over mountains after you get your first great general is incredibly situational.
+30% CS trireme? Who cares?
I've never used the elephant - I suppose that might be decent? If I'm using horseman, it's usually to take a city.

Yeap, just if you need a third opinion.

Carthage starts connecting cities when you have researched The Wheel (which, ironically, you are).

Yes, it's The Wheel. 6 turns to finishing researching The Wheel in the screenshot, so 6 turns to automatic city connections (trade routes in G&K).

I'm going to guess that the ice block above the City State is keeping you from getting the connection.

It's the Wheel, not the ice.

Hmm, That seems way to Over powered. I do not recall ever playing as Dido. But you should not get the free harbors until you have the tech!!

Feel free to mod a different UA for Carthage. BNW nerfed Carthage anyway, since harbors no longer give hammers.

Just curious, do you also believe that you shouldn't get free aqueducts from the Tradition finisher unless you've researched Engineering?

Yes, it's The Wheel. 6 turns to finishing researching The Wheel in the screenshot, so 6 turns to automatic city connections (trade routes in G&K).

It's the Wheel, not the ice.

Feel free to mod a different UA for Carthage. BNW nerfed Carthage anyway, since harbors no longer give hammers.

Just curious, do you also believe that you shouldn't get free aqueducts from the Tradition finisher unless you've researched Engineering?

Yes of course, you should not have access to buildings or units unless you have the tech imho. I am sure not many agree with me. Those who like The Shoshone for instance.. :)

Top Bottom