Why was fascism renamed to "third alternative"?

Perhaps I am just stupid but I don't think I have noticed this before. Why is fascism now called third alternative instead?

Perhaps because there are 16 tenets out of which to craft your ideology instead of 5, so it doesn't make sense to have one named after such a broad term.

They should have made one called ''Nazism'', and then forget to censor it from the European version of the game..... :lol::rolleyes:

They should have made one called ''Nazism'', and then forget to censor it from the European version of the game..... :lol::rolleyes:

It would actually be pretty neat having a tenet called something along the lines of "ethnic nationalism" which would make your population grow faster, thus reflecting the nazi/fascist desire to breed a master race. No taking over cities, just burning them and replacing them with new ones :ar15:

EDIT: Actually, how hard would it be to mod something like that in? I am interested in Civ 5 modding but haven't made any mods for it so far. This sounds like a simple thing to add.

I guess they realized that they had forgot that they were trying to avoid using terms like "communism", "capitalism" and "fascism", even if that's what people think when they look at the three ideologies.

Top Bottom