[TOT] The Test Of Time Patch Project

Or better yet, remove that limit entirely. This is 2015, with uber-fast gaming rigs. There is no excuse. :p

I would be very happy to see the limit removed. If the AI want's to build huge armies let it. It seems ridiculous that in a WWII scenario the Axis would stop producing units in all cities, especially when it Capitalizes and doesn't spend the money on anything!

I have been searching online for a figure as I'm sure I read it somewhere. I know there must be a set level where the AI decides it has enough units and switches to Capitalization as once its units are depleted enough it switches back to producing them. I was hoping there would be a figure in the code somewhere that could 'easily' be edited, but you could probably write everything I know about coding on the back of a postage stamp :D

I will keep on looking and let you know if I find anything useful.

It looks like the AI will switch to Capitalization when it reaches 512 units. Is this something you can back up with your data?

@TNO:
Another random idea: Is it possible to have some kind of mouse hover effect when you move the cursor over a unit - in order to show attack and defence values, hit points and movement rate? I just try to stay on top of things with all those different scenarios there are (which all use different units with different stats).

Yes, that sounds useful. Though I'd probably put them in the status window, since that's much easier to work with.

Quick questions about new terrain:

1) Added resources refuse to animate despite I modded Resource.spr.

2) More importantly, is there an option to receive road's trade bonus?

One minor suggestion: When testing events, the Report txt. file ends with "remaining heap space: -1 bytes". It would be of interest to know how much events space you have actually used.

I agree, I'll change it.

@TNO
Can Despotism be forbidden in the events file, too? I'd like to have a nation start with Republic and Democracy and only later something more aggressive. That means I'd like to set the type of government and still allow a change of it (but only later in the game).

Conceivably this could be done for human players, but it would cause trouble for the AI, which assumes it's always available. Probably quite tricky.

1) Added resources refuse to animate despite I modded Resource.spr.

2) More importantly, is there an option to receive road's trade bonus?

1) Set the (unintentionally undocumented) key "NumberOfAnimatedResources" to the same value as the number of terrain types. I'll update the docs as well.
2) Not at this moment, but it's a good suggestion.

This is just amazing!

I have a problem though. I just can't get the videos and music to work. I copied all of the videos/music to "Video" and "Music" directories, but videos just give a blank screen with sound and picking music from the Pick Music menu doesn't work at all. Can someone help me with this?

As I'm playtesting my Burma Campaign scenario, which has lots of difficult terrain, something that's always bugged me has become a major problem: air units get defensive terrain bonuses. It's become ridiculous, since there are so many hill and mountain squares. And God help you if you try to shoot down a bomber over mountains with a river! I suspect this may be a simple fix, and if so, a patch would be very welcome. Thank you in advance.

Hi,

does TOTPP work with French Test of Time 1.1?

I have a message "Unknown Test of Time Version"

I decided to install a fresh copy on my older, weaker hp (the one I hate with windows 8) Added the game to the DEP list, added the ToTPP, started the game. It permanently freezes at the end of the intro videos. What should I do next?

Not sure what to make of this. I did not change the terrain2.bmp's at all before or after copypasting my mods to the new copy of ToT (the file modify dates show August of last year), and they appeared perfectly fine previously, however the ocean tiles on Map 0 don't seem to be rendered properly. I loaded the unmodded Original Game and the ocean tiles on Map 0 were rendered fine.

Attachments

• oh_dear1.jpg
    oh_dear1.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 165
Turned out I disabled the terrain overlays patch, and it was looking wonky because I was using Catfish's enhanced Mountains icons.

Top Bottom