My RBCiv Epic Games

microbe

Cascaded Mansion
4000BC: Pop up Bronze Working and set min research on Writing.

3850BC: We meet England. We are up Bronze Working.

3650BC: We get a settler from hut! Move him back home.

3450BC: We get CB and a warrior from hut.

3350BC: 25g from hut. We meet Egypt, we are up BW, Alphabet and Pottery. She is up Masonry. I hold not to trade.

3100BC: We meet Spain and we are up Pottery.

3050BC: The free settler founds Oporto.

2950BC: We get another warrior from hut.

2850BC: Spain gets Wheel too.

2800BC: Get map from hut.

2750BC: We meet Germany. It's up Masonry, Wheel and Warrior Code. So do some trades:

Buy Wheel from Spain with 156g. Couldn't see horses.
Wheel to Egypt for Warrior Code and 16g.

2510BC: We get a village very close to home but it's one tile from coast! I think about building a settler, but this village actually can get gems after expansion. I decide to keep it. Per the game rule, I couldn't improve its tiles except roads. In the whole game this town is producing workers and wealth.

From the map, England is in the NW, Spain in the West and Germany in the South. This looks like a Pangea map.

All other AIs have 2 cities while we have 3. :D

2390BC: Map from hut.

2310BC: England researched Iron Working and caught up in tech: up Masonry but down Wheel. Wheel+54g for Iron Working. No sign of iron anywhere.

I buy Mysticism with 3gpt+84g from Germany. It's 5g more expensive than other AIs but I want to improve its attitude. Sell to England for 98g.

2230BC: We found Lagos. The AI still have only 2 towns.

2190BC: We meet Persia in the south. He is up Masonry but lacks 4 techs. I trade Wheel+Mysticism for Masonry+60g.

112g to buy a worker from Spain.

1910BC: Our spanish worker is killed by a barb warrior! I didn't see it last turn but it just came out of nowhere!

1790BC: Persia has HBR and Math. We meet Sumeria, who is up HBR and Math as well.

1750BC: Writing->Philosophy in 12 turns. Germany has Writing at the same turn.

I establish Embassy in Berlin: size-1, 1 lux, 3 spears, 2spt building an archer. Germany is at war with Spain, and only knows Egypt who has no tech. So no fear for Writing to spread yet.

1675BC: 2 Persian warriors approach Guimaras which is defended by a conscript warrior. I switch the build to spearman.

1650BC: I sell Writing+3g to Spain for Mathematics.

IBT Persia declares on us and loses a warrior.

1625BC: Hut gives another conscript warrior.

1600BC: Writing to England for HBR+45g. We are at tech parity.

1575BC: Germany knows Polytheism but lacks Math+HBR. I trade and pay 12g extra.

1550BC: England demands Polytheism. I cave.

1500BC: Egypt and Persia MA against us. But Egypt is far away.

1475BC: By walking hundreds of years we found our Spice City. It has also horses and iron isn't far away. Unfortunately the Spanish capital expanded twice so we couldn't settle one tile SW to claim the iron also. This is a high flip risk city, so more garrison and culture is going to be needed. Fortunately Spain is weak.

IBT Germany demands 25g and I cave. Philosphy in first and for the first time I choose Monarchy and revolt immediately. Republic is 50 turns away so it's worth revolting twice. I've never seen this before in C3C, but we draw only one turn of anarchy!

1450BC: We are Monarchy.

1425BC: I make peace with Persia with Philosophy and get 62g.

Establish embassy with England: London is size-3, 2 spears, 4spt building Oracle in 53 turns.
Establish embassy with Spain: Madrid is size-2, 3 spears, 3spt building a settler due next turn. No lux.
Establish embassy with Sumeria: Ur is size-5, 2 EW, 6spt building Oracle in 23 turns.

Now let AI fight Egypt for me.

MA with England by Philosophy and get 33g in return.
MA with Spain by Philosophy and get 3g in return.
MA with Sumeria by Polytheism and get 20g in return.

Germany asks too much so I pass.

1300BC: This is our spice city, the only inland city allowed in this game:

1275BC: Short-rush temple in Spice City. Germany and Persia have Map Making.

1200BC: Persia demands Monarchy, I refuse and it declares.

1175BC:

MA with Germany against Persia by Monarchy and get Map Making+72g.
MA with Spain against Persia by Polytheism+5g.

Persia doesn't know England yet so no MA with England.

I'm pretty safe now.

1125BC: Sumeria has Construction.

1075BC: Ur completes Oracle.

1050BC: rush granary in Lagos.

I sell Monarchy to Ur for Construction+105g.

112g to buy an English worker.

975BC: Germany and Spain make peace. I forgot that war already.

875BC: Germany has monopoly on CoL.

IBT Egypt and Sumeria make peace.

850BC: Sumeria has CoL too, so I get CoL+30g from Germany by Construction.

825BC: Did I mention we have Ivory?

775BC: Persia has Currency.

730BC: Persia completes MoM. We connect our gems.

IBT Spain and Persia make peace.

690BC: Buy Spanish worker by CoL.

I make peace with Persia and have to pay 60g.

650BC: We finally clear the marshes and found our Iron City. It immediately starts a harbor. Also note the eastern island - it turned out very important in this game. Great Lighthouse is just a prebuild for the Great Library.

530BC: Germany and Persia make peace. Germany demands 30g and I cave. He has Republic! Massive barb uprising.

470BC: Germany starts Sun Tzu's. England and Egypt make peace. Sumeria demands 27g, and I cave.

We found Wines City in the south.

IBT Persia demands 28g, I cave. England demands 27g, I refuse, and she backs down.

430BC: Literature is also known. We have 7 turns to go. I sign peace with Egypt and get Lit+20g and switch ToA (from Great Lighthouse) to Great Library due in 12 turns. I shut off research.

I sell Lit to Sumeria for 97g, Lit to Persia for 51g. Rush harbor in Wines City so we could connect it home.

410BC: Germany completes Hanging Gardens.

390BC: Sumeria completes Pyramids.

Next

330BC: I've had a few AC at hand so I declare on England. 2 AC kill 2 spears and we raze Hastings. Capture an English worker.

290BC: Kill 4 spearmen and we raze Nottingham too.

270BC: We found a city on the eastern island.

IBT We get FP prompt.

250BC: With one retreat we kill a regular archer in Oxford and raze the town.

We lose an AC and a sword but kill the two reg swordmen shown in the above picture.

210BC: While at war we didn't forget literacy.

Spice City is hit by dicease. Sumeria builds Colossus.

170BC: We get Currency, Republic, Feudalism and Engineering from Great Library.

IBT Sumeria builds ToA. England builds Great Wall. Bad for us!

150BC: I establish embassy with Persia, Persepolis is size-7, 11spt building Sun Tzu's in 33 turns. It has 2 lux.

I upgrade 4 spearmen to pikemen.

IBT We get Monotheism. Our Spice City expands and we have iron in our territory.

110BC: The AC marches on:

10AD: An English spear steps on our iron in the south, so I have to make peace and get Canterbury which has iron and I abandon right away (yes I violated the rule here, but it hardly matters).

I revolt immediately drawing 5-turn anarchy.

IBT we get Chivalry and Invention.

30AD: Spain and Egypt make peace.

110AD: We are Republic.

IBT Sumeria builds Sun Tzu's. Germany builds Knights Templar.

230AD: We learn Theology. FP is completed in Sagres. We also connected furs.

280AD: We learn Education. I set min research to Gunpowder. In hindsight, I don't understand why I didn't research Printing Press.

290AD: Persia builds Great Lighthouse.

330AD: Sumeria demands 37g, I cave.

340AD: Sumeria starts Copernicus. This guy is a threat.

350AD: Egypt demands Theology, I give to her.

360AD: Persia completes Leo's.

380AD: I declare on England again.

I lose an AC but capture Brighton.

400AD: Sumeria has Music Theory. I buy it with 904g+29gpt. Music Theory+41gpt to Germany for Astronomy.

410AD: I merge a settler into Lisbon and get Copernicus in 14 turns.

420AD: England already agrees to talk and give us Norwich, so we take it and abandon right away (again, shouldn't have done that, but England is toast so this wouldn't have mattered).

Get two English workers by Engineering.

This is the map after two wars with England. As you can see we have a unique shape of territory.

Next

470AD: Persia demands 22g. I cave.

490AD: Germany builds Copernicus! We switch to JS Bach.

510AD: Germany demands TM.

540AD: Germany and Sumeria has Banking.

560AD: Sumeria starts Newton's University! :eek:

580AD: Sumeria completes Sistine Chapel.

610AD: Sumeria starts Smith's.

630AD: Our spice and horses are finally connected through the AI. We can now build knights and have 5 lux.

Gems to Sumeria for 11gpt.

660AD: Germany declares on Persia! I've been waiting for things like this for a good while.

670AD: JS Bach's due in 1, and I can also buy Banking/Economics and switch to Smith's if I want. I decide to stay with JS Bach's as I don't need to buy Economics.

690AD: We learn Gunpowder by min research. Furs+WM+1230g to Persia for Chemistry. Max research to Metallury due in 7 turns. No AI has it yet. I should have set to Navigation or trade for it, but I forgot about the rule completely.

We do not have saltpeter, but there is a source in Nuremburg very close to us.

IBT Germany builds Smith's. This is better than Sumeria getting it, and Munich is actually coastal..

700AD: Sumeria demands TM+45g, sure.

IBT Sumeria builds Newton's University.

710AD: Sumeria has Metallury. I continue to research in 4 turns.

730AD: Persia has Metallury too. I buy it with 24gpt. Buy Physics from Germany with Metallury+190g.

Both Germany and Sumeria are in Industrial Ages now. Persia lacks ToG and Magnetism. Set research to Military Tradition in 12 turns.

I then declare on Germany.

@Nuremburg:
AC 4/0 retreats from reg musket.
AC 0/3 kills reg musket.
AC 4/3 kills reg musket.

However, the road to spice city is cut, so we lost spices and horses.

IBT no counter.

740AD:

@Munich:
AC 4/3 kills reg musket.
AC 1/3 kills reg spear.
AC 0/3 kills reg spear.

750AD: one regular knight and one vet MDI show up.

IBT the reg knight chooses to kill a vet MDI in the open and redlines. 4 more knights show up.

760AD:

Vet knight 4/3 loses to vet knight.
Vet AC finishes it off.
Vet AC 3/5 kills elite knight.
Vet AC 5/0 loses to knight.
Vet AC 0/4 kills vet knight and promotes.

IBT we lose 2 AC and 1 archer but kill 2 knights.

770AD:

Kill a knight and a MDI.

IBT Germany and Persia make peace. We lose 2 AC, and Germany gets a leader!

780AD: We kill musket and 2 knights, together with the German leader. But we don't have enough units to hold Munich. I gift it to Spain.

IBT lots of units appear, including crusaders, and we lose a pike and an MDI.

790AD: Germany agrees to talk! I sign peace immediately and get WM. Phew..it's close.

800AD: Persia builds Magellan's.

830AD: We learn Military Tradition as first.

MT to Sumeria for ToG+Banking+264g+10gpt. ToG+235 to Persia for Magnetism.

Sumeria and Germany have Nationalism and Steam Power. Persia has Medicine.

MT+WM+99gpt+29g to Germany for Steam Power, but we cannot buy Medicine. MT to Sumeria for 302g. Steam Power to Persia for Navigation+Economics+WM. We finally get the optional tech and probably delayed it for 10-15 turns.

I then declare on Spain and capture Munich back.

And we don't have coal. Sumeria has one, and nobody else seems to have it.

I set research to Printing Press in 12 turns (should have been ironclads, but it would take 32 turns).

850AD: renew gems deal with Sumeria and get 16gpt.

890AD: Two cavs raze Valencia. Spain agrees to talk and we take straight up peace.

900AD: Sumeria starts Universal Suffrage!

910AD: Great News, I just noticed a source of coal in our little eastern island! [party]

930AD: We get Printing Press. Industrialization is known by all 3 AIs but still too expensive, so I trade for gold instead.

Sell Contact with England to Germany for 36g.
Sell Printing Press to Sumeria for 43gpt+321g.
Sell Printing Press to Germany for 24gpt+3g.
Sell Printing Press to Persia for 7gpt+WM.

Set research to Ironclads in 11 turns. In hindsight, I should have chosen to research Ironclads 10 turns ago, but at that time we could only get it in 32 turns. Now the total time is actually shorter due to the money PP gives us.

960AD: England demands furs, I say no, and it declares on us.

1010AD: Finally:

It forms a cav army immediately.

1030AD: Ironclads is done.

Ironclads to Sumeria for Industrialization+5gpt+482g. Sumeria has Monopoly on Corporation.
Ironclads+furs+WM+413g gets us Medicine from Persia.

Research to Sanitation in 9 turns.

Egypt has Democracy, so I sell Steam Power for it plus 10g+WM.

1060AD: Sumeria starts Shakespear.

1080AD: Sumeria and Germany sign MPP.

1090AD: Egypt amd Sumeria sign MPP.

1110AD: Sanitation->Electricity.

I sign MPP with Germany by 6gpt.

1120AD: I sign MPP with Persia for 15gpt.

What's Next?

1130AD: Sumeria has been the major threat in this game. I have to stop it from running away. I declare on Sumeria.

IBT no attack?

1140AD: I move a musket in the open to lure Sumeria to attack.

IBT: it worked:

1150AD: I kill the cav and trigger the Egypt-Sumeria MPP. I then use our carrack to attack an Egypt galleon I've been following:

I wonder why I didn't do this first to let Sumeria declare on us instead.

Send cav army directly to the saltpeter.

MA with Spain against Egypt by Engineering.

IBT Egypt declares on Persia and Germany. We lose an AC but kill a cav.

1160AD: Kill a cav. Cav army steps on saltpeter.

IBT Sumeria declares on Spain. Our vet musketman kills 2 cavs and 1 knight, but gets killed eventually. We lose an injured cav also.

1170AD: pillage the saltpeter. Kill 4 cavs.

Persia has Corporation, so time for trade. We still have monopoly on Sanitation:

Sanitation to Persia for Corporation+2gpt+512g.

IBT We lose one musket and one pike.

1180AD: Germany has Electricity!

1190AD: I make peace with England and get 4g+6gpt, and MA with it against Sumeria by Chemistry.

IBT England and Persia sign MPP. Electricity -> Scientific Method.

1200AD: We lose one cav and raze Lisht of Egypt. Egypt has Nationalism now.

1210AD: Sumeria builds Shakespear and Universal Suffrage. This is good to end cascade of ToE.

1230AD: We build Heroic Epic.

1250AD: Sumeria eventually is in anarchy.

1260AD: Sumeria has Replaceable Parts!

IBT Munich disposes to Germany. We lose Smith's. :(

1265AD: Scientific Method in. TOE in 3 turns so shut off research.

1270AD: Pillage Sumeria's wines. I sell Scientific Method to Persia and get Nationalism+furs. Sell to Germany for 45gpt+1120g. AI has Communism+Facism. By the way Persia and Sumeria are in Facism now. Germany is still in Democracy.

I've seen no Sumeria counter attack for the past few turns. So I am just happy-pillaging with the army.

I upgrade 12 musketmen to riflemen by 720g.

WW has risen to 20%. Lux to 10%.

1275AD: Completely isolate Sumeria's capital.

IBT Egypt and Germany make peace.

We get Atomic Theory and Electronics, and Hoover Dam is due in 9 turns. Start research on RP due in 6 turns with -159gpt deficit.

I MA with Germany against Sumeria and cancel the MPP. I MA with Persia against Sumeria, but MPP has one turn left.

1285AD: Germany has Replaceable Parts. I sell Atomic Theory and get it with Communism+21gpt+36g. Not full price, but the faster we get RP the better as I want to see whether rubber is.

We do not have rubber, nor is Germany. Sumeria has two sources!

Research Refining in 10 turns.

England has one source, but Liverpool is 5-hop away from sea, so we cannot raze it, unless we use paratrooper, which requires rubber. Persia has one source too. BTW I also find a coal in Persia but not connected. Weird.

But we can use artillery.

IBT Sumeria and England make peace.

1300AD: I make peace with Egypt. I establish embassy with it. Size-12, 25spt, 4 lux with 4 clowns. Electricity to Egypt for Free Artistry+silks.

MM around to make lux zero again.

IBT Sumeria and Germany make peace. Our GA ended.

1305AD: We need about 400g for an MA with Germany, so I MA and pay 56gpt and get 503g from Germany. We'll get gpt back if Germany betrays us.

Germany has rubber 3 tiles away from us. If we could re-capture Munich and raze Leipzig, we can then get it.

1310AD: Kill 3 cavalry.

IBT Sumeria drops a rifle on our eastern island.

1315AD: we have totally 3 units on the island and I upgrade all to riflemen.

IBT My smoking move. I left only one fortified rifle in Alcer Do Sal, and Sumerian rifle attacks and wins! The city is captured.

1320AD: This causes WW to jump to 33%. Lux to 10.

I MA with Egypt against Sumeria by Scientific Method.

IBT renew peace with England.

1325AD: Persia and Egypt sign peace.

1330AD: We capture back the island city, losing one cav. Germany is in anarchy too.

IBT Sumeria and England MA against Spain.

IBT Spain and Egypt sign peace.

1340AD: Wall Street is completed.

1345AD: Sumeria lands 4 infantry to the island.

1350AD: We finally go on offense. We have had stack of rifles+arti+cav in Luanda for a long time and now it's good time to push forward a little. We bombard 2 infantry to redline and capture Kutha without loss.

IBT England and Sumeria MA against Germany. The 4 Sumerian infantry die against our rifleman. Refining->Steel. We have two sources of oil. And another unconnected source at Spice City.

Germany gets Refining at the same time.

1365AD: Kill 3 redlined infantry and we raze Kua.

1365AD: Persia and Germany MA against England. England and Sumeria MA against us.

1370AD: with the war happiness lux can drop to zero.

1375AD: We build Military Acadamy in the FP city and start building armies every 8 turns.

1380AD: We kill a rifle and a guerilla and get our second leader and raze Kuara.

1380AD: I renew MA with Persia, furs for 120g.

IBT We lose 2 rifles and the elite cav.

1385AD: Form another cav army.

IBT Sumeria and Germany sign peace.

1390AD: Pillage Sumeria's saltpeter again. Now I've almost completely pillaged every tile of Sumeria as shown in this picture.

1390AD: I sign MA with Germany again paying 24gpt.

1395AD: By the way this is the current situation:

Time to give England some lesson too: we raze Reading and Birmingham.

1400AD: Silks deal with Egypt expired. I get silks+183g+7gpt by Replaceable Parts. Raze Bad-tibira of Sumeria.

IBT Spain and Sumeria make peace.

1405AD: WW rises to 40%. Lux back to 10 again.

1410AD: We capture Pi-Ramesses.

1415AD: Persia demands Refining, I give to it.

IBT Steel -> Combustion.

1420AD: Sell Steel to Germany for Espionage+WM+2130g+35gpt.

1425AD: We raze Kisurra.

Our third army is also built.

Our army is about the same size as Sumeria and Germany now.

1430AD: Germany destroyed England. Now Germany is the biggest nation: 23% vs our 21%. Someday we'd have to fight it, but we need to get rubber first.

1445AD: Spain founds a town and gets our incense colony. I declare on Spain to be able to get incense back.

When attacking Lagash we lose a cav army by 1hp. :( I shouldn't have risked it. But we raze the city with Sistine Chapel.

1450AD: Spain is going to settle next to the incense again, but this time it's 5-tile away, so I cannot do anything about it. I have to raise lux to 20 to avoid riot.

IBT Spain founds the town and some cities still riot.

1455AD: We raze Erech.

1460AD: We build Intelligence Agency.

1465AD: I make peace with Spain. The whole war was quite pointless.

1475AD: I plant spy on everyone and luckily all succeed except Spain.

Sumeria: 29 infantry, 18 Guerilla.
Germany: 94 infantry, 12 cav.
Persia: 39 infantry, 5 cav.

We have: 37 rifles, 15 cavalry and 4 guerilla

1480AD: Germany has Combustion already. We are one-turn to go. We buy it with WM+9g.

I set research to Flight due in 12 turns with -162gpt.

Next

1485AD: Our dogpile against Sumeria has been very successful, and I have to start worrying about the new threat: Germany. On the other hand I also want to continue the war against Sumeria and gets its rubber, which is still many turns away.

IBT But I don't have to make the tough decision myself. Germany demands wines, I refuse and it declares.

1490AD: I sign peace with Sumeria and get Facism+289g.

MA with Sumeria against Germany by 90g.
MA with Persia against Germany by saltpeter.
MA with Egypt against Germany by Refining.

I sign RoP with Sumeria so our artillery can retreat faster.

And we capture back Smith's again. Also note the rubber..

This gives more than 50gpt. Another cav army formed.

IBT we kill at least 5 cavalry and lose one rifle.

1500AD: Steel to Egypt for silks+WM+20g+16gpt.

IBT Spain and Germany MA against Persia. Spain and Sumeria MA against Egypt.

We raze Leizpig, a few tiles west to Munich. This is important, as we get rubber! We immediately found a colony and upgrade 25 riflemen. Now Germany should have no rubber.

IBT we just lose a cav.

1510AD: Upgrade the remaining rifles.

Sell Combustion to Egypt for WM+51gpt+540g.

Democracy to Spain for dyes+WM+3 workers.

IBT Egypt and Sumeria make peace.

1515AD: We raze Dortmund.

Kill a landing infantry and get another leader which rushes Battlefield Medicine.

I use it to rush Battlefield Medicine.

IBT Spain and Germany MA against us. We lost dyes but got war happiness.

Flight -> Mass Production.

1530AD: We raze Hamburg. I rush airport in Spice City.

1535AD: Capture Heidelburg.

IBT Sumeria and Persia sign peace.

1545AD: Capture Bremen and Germany has no oil now.

Madrid (Spanish capital) is captured by Persia and we get two more spices.

IBT Spain and Persia make peace. Madrid is captured by Germany.

1550AD: IBT an Egyptian LEADER is killed by Germans.

1555AD: Capture Cologne.

1560AD: Raze New Leipzig.

IBT Pi-Ramesses disposes to Egypt.

1565AD: We lose a healthy 14-hp cav army to a redlined infantry! I should have put 4 cavs in it but I couldn't because we just reconnected horses in the Spice City (it was pillaged).

But we raze Hamadan.

IBT Mass Production -> Amphibious War by variant rule.

1570AD: We found Viseu.

1575AD: Frankfurt is razed.

1585AD: We found Oreque.

1590AD: It must hurt..

We raze New Berlin and capture Murcia.

1600AD: Our silks deal with Egypt ended, but I don't renew. MM a bit to avoid riot.

IBT Amphibious War -> Motorized Transportation.

1605AD: A vet cav loses to a vet Conquistador! And we raze Konigsburg.

1610AD: We raze Stuttgart. That's all the German towns that I can reach, so I sign peace and get 471g.

This is the current minimap:

It's the most freakish territory I've got. :lol:

Next up I need to declare on either Persia or Egypt. I decide on Egypt as I don't like my territory to be discontinuous, then Persia.

Next

IBT Egypt demands oil and I refuse. It declares!

1615AD: We raze Busiris.

Combustion to Persia for MA+363g+60gpt.

1620AD: We capture our flipped city back, and raze Kahun.

1625AD: Found Goa and autoraze two more towns.

Our score is No.1 for the first time.

IBT Sumeria and Germany sign peace.

1630AD: We raze Buto. There is no more Egyptian cities to take except Elephantine, but it's pretty far away. Since I still have MA with Persia, I decide to finish off Sumeria.

IBT We get Motorized Transportation and enter Modern Ages. Of course we have to research Advanced Flight.

1640AD: Found Diu. I declare on Sumeria. I MA with Persia by saltpeter and get 287g. Now everybody is fighting 3 foes except Spain fighting 2. We raze a small town called Tutub.

1645AD: We capture Umma and control Universal Suffrage (and Colossus):

IBT Sumeria and Egypt MA vs Spain.

1655AD: We almost lose another cav army, but Sumer is gone with ToA.

We found Tavira.

1660AD: We raze Agade and found Cacela to replace it.

1665AD: We raze Kish.

IBT Advanced Flight -> Computers. We finally can raze inland cities!

1670AD: Egypt and Germany sign peace.

1675AD: Capture Akshak.

1680AD: Raze Zabalam. We'll found a city to claim the rubber.

1685AD: Raze two Egyptian towns: Abydos and Heliopolis. We found Bissau to claim the rubber. We now have the first rubber within our border (we have two colonies).

We also capture Isin, the new Sumeria capital.

1690AD: Our first paratrooper mission!

Autoraze another Sumerian town.

1695AD: We raze the last Sumerian city and hunt down its last settler.
We destroy Sumeria.

Next up is Egypt.

This is the current map:

1700AD: We raze Elephantine.

Redlines the last infantry in Thebes but couldn't capture it.

IBT Persia captures Thebes.

1705AD: Autoraze Athribis.

1710AD: Paratrooper razes Memphis.

1720AD: Our paratroop razes Avaris. Egypt has a settler guarded by a conscript rifle. I airdrop 3 paratroopers to surround it. :)

IBT Egypt and Spain sign peace. Computers->Miniaturization.

1725AD: Egypt founded a town. Our paratroppers kill two riflemen and we destroy Egypt.

I then declare on Persia, and MA with Germany for 25g (they are already at war).

I shut off research for now to save some money for upgrade.

Raze Giza, Eigili, El-Amarna.

1730AD: Upgrade 20 more infantry. Capture Bactra. Raze Thebes.

IBT One paratrooper fends off 4 infantry! But dies to the 5th.

1735AD: Cav army razes Sidon. Paratroopers autoraze Bablos. Tank army razes Erbela.

1740AD: Paratrooper razes Samaria. Also raze a Spanish town.

1745AD: raze Tyre.

1750AD: Paratroopers raze Hieraconpolis and Gordium. Cav army captures Pasargadae, and we also walk over Persepolis.

1752AD: Finally we destroy Persia.

I then found 3 more cities.

This is the map. We finally swallowed the continent. The shape looks like a fish.

Only Spain and Germany are left. Germany has 39 infantry.

Move all bombers to our Spice City so it can bombard most cities. Almost all German cities are inland now so it will be slow.

1754AD: 2 paratroopers die to spearmen of Spain.

I declare on Germany. Raze Stuttgart.

1756AD: Paratroopers raze Salamanca, Santiago and Zaragoza. Spain is destroyed.

Tank army razes Hannover.

1758AD: Paratrooper razes Newcastle.

I create dyes colony. We have 8 lux now.

1760AD: Germany has flak.

1764AD: We raze Bonn and Salzburg. The south is clear. I start automating some workers.

1766AD: Raze Madrid and Seville.

1768AD: Raze Dover.

IBT Miniaturilization -> Rocketery.

1770AD: Raze Alexandria.

1772AD: Paratrooper kills cav and literate Liverpool. Raze York. Raze London. Raze New Konigsburd.

1774AD: Raze Leeds. Raze New Hamburg and we destroy Germany.

IBT we get our last casualty: a barb horse kills our worker. We also build SETI. Internet is two turns away and we won't see it built.

The Conclusion

We have 53% land, not very far from domination limit. Score is 3721.

Download the final save.

Thanks to Sirian for such a fun game.

The map is interesting (very symmetric), and from replay we did get a pretty good location. No AI in our direct south so we could expand. I also got one settler and one village from hut, although the latter is not coastal so I couldn't make it productive (it was oscillating between size 1 and 2, producing worker and wealth the whole game). I kept it for the purpose of faster access to gems, but I probably should have abandoned it later but I didn't bother.

The Middle Ages was a little fuzzy, but through a successful dogpile against Sumeria we were able to control the world. I did violate the "research/get optional techs at the first opportunity" rule, especially Navigation, but that shouldn't affect the outcome much.

I had a pretty lucky start: got a free settler and a free village. The Free Village was one tile away from coast, but I kept it to get to the gems faster.

We were also lucky to claim the spice peacefully in 1300BC. It overlapped with Spanish capital, but got spices and horses in range. It never flipped.

We researched Philosophy first in 1475BC, and for the first time chose Monarchy as the free tech and revolted immediately. We drew only one-turn of anarchy - I thought C3C had a minimum of 2-turn anarchy for religious and for non-religious I had never got less than 3-turn. What's wrong?

There were some early phony wars. Persia sneak attacked us in 1675BC and MA with Egypt later. We made peace with Persia in 1425BC but MA with England, Spain and Sumeria against Egypt. In 1200BC Persia declared again after I refused to give Monarchy to it, and I then MA with Germany and Spain against Persia. I made peace with Persia in 690BC and Egypt in 430BC.

I built Statue of Zeus in 825BC and Great Library in 210BC.

I declared on England in 330BC and 380AD. With some AC I expanded our territory to the west side.

I built JS Bach in 690AD. I declared on Germany in 730AD and captured Nuremberg which had saltpeter and Munich which had Smith's, and soon made peace.

Sumeria had been the tech lead all along, followed by Germany and Persia. We entered Industrial Ages in 830AD by researching Military Tradition as first. By Ironclads we were at tech parity and built ToE in 1275AD, and Hoover Dam in 1330AD.

I signed MPP with Germany and Persia and declared on Sumeria in 1130AD. Sumeria had MPP with Egypt and I entered Golden Age by using a carrack to sink an Egyptian galleon. I got almost no counter attack and my cav army pillaged every tile of Sumeria. In 1350AD we went on offense and razed/captured many Sumerian cities including its capital. We didn't have rubber but with artillery, rifles and cav armies we did very well against infantry. England was also dragged into the war against us but in 1430AD Germany destroyed England.

In 1485AD Germany declares us after we refused to give it wines, just at the time I was thinking about turning the side against it. I made peace with Sumeria, and dogpiled Germany. We got rubber from Germany and razed all German cities that we could reach in 1610AD, so I made peace.

Just before I wanted to declare, Egypt declared on us after I refused to give oil for free.

We entered Modern Ages in 1630AD and researched Advanced Flight in 1665AD. I also declared on Sumeria in 1640AD and finished it off in 1695AD. Our first paratrooper mission succeeded in 1690AD razing a size-1 Sumerian town in the jungle.

We destroyed Egypt in 1725AD. I immediately declared on Persia and destroyed it in 1752AD. I then declared on Germany. I destroyed Spain in 1756AD and Germany in 1774AD.

Our final score is 3721.

In the game I did slip a little on the rules by mistake, notably I didn't get to Navigation asap and delayed Ironclads a little too. Also accepted two little English towns as peace treaty and abandoned them.

4000BC: Simply found Athens on the spot. Order a warrior.

So the first thing is there is no min research turns. Set to Pottery due in 38 turns. That's slow.

Probably the next thing I notice is that there is no river. :)

After two warriors I start rax.

In 3350BC, our warrior finds a stack of Estruscan conscripts chariot with 1.1.2.

In 3000BC, we meet Egyptians in the far west. He is up Masonry+CB, and lacks Alphabet.

In 2750BC, Persia already completed Colossus. In the same year we meet the Indians who is up CB.

In 2590BC, we meet Carthagians, and our research time on Pottery drops to 1 turn, so next turn we set to Writing due in..229 turns! We also make the first trade to get Masonry+CB+75g from Egypt by Alphabet.

In 2390BC we found one 2nd city to claim two wheats in the west. It's a bit far from our home so might not have been a good idea. I was a bit worried about AI settling speed but it looks like no one is very close to us.

Next hundreds of years we keep scouting, trying to find more friends. We meet Persians, Celts, Germans and Koreans. Some of them are advanced, some of them are backward. We gain more techs and found more cities.

730BC is a milestone for us as we get Philosophy the first and take Currency as the free tech. I then set to Literature due in a reasonable 28 turns, while our palace prebuild is due in 29.

Philosophy and Currency make us back into the tech lead and a big chunk of money in bank. I wisely use it to establish embassies with our friends, and find out Egypt is at war with Celts already.

We also settled most of the good land that we can settle and start to come to AI borders.

Next

We do have secured two sources of iron and one source of horses, but we have no lux whatsoever. Happiness will be a big issue for us. We are currently running 20 lux rate and things could only go worse once our cities grow bigger. Of course, without any rivers they are still size 6 at most without aqueducts.

The next hundreds of years I make friends to the AI and give gifts when they so desire. I even sign RoP with Germany to make it happier. Celts and Egypt make peace shortly and things proceed quietly. Persia starts Sun Tzu's the first in 310BC. At the same year we trade Construction for Code of Laws and enter Middle Ages, getting Monotheism as the free tech.

170BC we get Literature the first and our GL prebuild is due in 9 turns. I shut off research thinking I would get it. Persia builds ToA and HG in 110BC and Inca cascades to GL, which is unexpected. I sell Lit around to AI who is not building GL, and in 70BC this disastrous message pops up:

We have 3 turns to go. :mad:

I'm so mad that I try an immediate steal on Persia and get Feudalism, and switch GL to Sun Tzu's. I then do full research on Theology. Sistine Chapel will be good to have, given that we do not have any lux resources. But Theology takes 153 turns. :cry:

Next

Despite losing the Great Library, we are still the tech lead and have more than 2000g in the bank, but our gpt is pitiful - only 23gpt. Being in despotism and no rivers, most tiles are only producing one gold.

In 10AD Persia gets Republic. I steal it again, but I hold on revolting as I am connecting road to Carthage who is to our north so I could buy furs to cover riots during the anarchy.

In 70AD I connect the roads and buy various lux from AI by techs and revolt and one hundred years later we become a Republic. Gpt doesn't jump too much as it's just 32. This makes any sort of research take too long and maybe I'll just keep stealing?

Just around the same time AI starts fighting each other. India and Germany declare on Korea, and Persia takes on India. Soon Inca joins Persia with an MA vs India and India allies with Carthage vs Persia. Inca then MA with Persia vs Carthage, and Egypt MA with Carthage vs Persia.

In 330AD we build Sun Tzu's. I guess we'll go for domination then. Maybe it's better than the Great Library as at this point the Persia is running away in tech leaving all the others in dust. And just to prove that, it builds Knights Templar.

More AI alliances here and there and this is a picture for 390AD:

Next

I declare on Korea in 450AD.

Korea has been at war with 3 AIs and is losing, so I'm trying to get a piece before it's too late.

In 460AD we raze Taegwon and Hamhung without loss. It almost made me think that Sirian changed how the RNG works. Persia completes Sistine Chapel just to celebrate that.

510AD we get Theology and trade around for Engineering and Chivalry. The good news is that Persia hasn't got more techs. The war slowed everyone down.

In 540AD we raze another Korean town and found Troy, and in 560AD I have to make peace with Korea as it made peace with India and now is sending more units toward us.

In the mean time Carthage is gassed by warring with Inca and Persia, and it has lost its capital to Inca, so in 700AD we declare on Carthage. Yeah, just to get a piece.

We raze Gades and capture Tingis and can finally build FP. I thought there was no FP in this game. Persia destroys Carthage in 780AD.

Next

Now it's time for India. It's falling apart too as it's at war with everybody except Persia. So I join the party and declare. I raze a couple of towns but AI captures much faser.

We make gpt deals when India is about to die and get Astronomy and Chemistry that way. India is destroyed in 900AD. The ex-Indian territory is occupied by mostly Celts and Germany, but we also drop a town in the crack.

In 920AD Germany declares on Celts, so we smell some blood and start sending units south.

In 950AD I ask Celts to retreat their troops and we are at war, and I MA with Korea and Egypt. In the mean time, Persia is in Republic and peace and starts Smith's.

The war goes well and in 1000AD we have our first native lux - ivory! :dance: Celts are evicted from ex-India.

In 1010AD: we finally get to see the world: You've Got to be Kidding Me!

The war continues toward Celt's core.

We finally build FP in 1030AD. :eek:

1060AD, we get our first leader.

Next

In 1080AD, Inca declares on Persia. The two top dogs who control the entire north finally start fighting. :dance: I hope this will slow Persia down.

Persia MA with Germany and Celts MA with Inca. Persia soon gets Military Tradition and Inca starts losing.

In 1140AD, I found a town on newly cleared marshes to steal Persia's only saltpeter.

But it soon gets it from somewhere else.

In 1250AD, we've got gems from Celts, and I start strategic retreat as there is not much we could gain from the war.

We enter Industrial Ages in 1265AD and draw Steam Power as the free tech, and we are now the 2nd largest nation.

But, you've got to be kidding me, as we have no coal!

We have to get some from the AI. We are the tech lead and most AI have no cavalry yet.

Germany has one source quite close to the border:

Egypt has it not too deep too.

I cannot fight Germany as it has a lot of units inside our territory.

In 1295AD, I declare on Egypt. MA with Germany by gems. It's weird that Germany wouldn't even add an WM. Was our rep shot? Persia wouldn't even sell 18g for 3gpt, but would for 10gpt. :hmm: MA with Korea by ivory.

1300AD Korea enters IA with Medicine and we trade Steam for it.

The war goes well but slowly, in the mean time Persia gets coal too so I buy with 37gpt to start railing immediately.

In 1345AD I make peace with Celts and focus on Egypt, and in 1375AD I'm shocked to know Inca is destroyed by Persia. :(

In 1380AD we raze Hieraconpolis so we could claim the coal, and make peace with Egypt soon after. In the war we also get 2 more armies and a Pentagon.

This is the new world map. We made some progress but the entire north now belongs to Persia.

Tech wise we get Industralization and Nationalism and beeline for Replacelable Parts.

Next

In 1440AD we get a flip.

In 1465AD we build Universal Suffrage. In 1470AD Germany destroys Celts.

1510AD, we get Replaceable Parts and have rubber but unconnected. Persia doesn't seem to have rubber. There is one Korean town directly founded on rubber just outside our border, which is of course the same "AI knows where resources are" thing.

The coal campaign was really successful as we actually got two rubber too from that area.

I set min research on Scientific Method as we do not really want to speed up tech pace. We still have monopoly on Electricity and Persia has Corporation.

In 1510AD Germany demands Electricity. Damn it, I don't want to fight it yet until I have infantry, but I refuse and it declares. We lose some towns including the one on gems, and WW is 20% instantly.

We capture back the towns, and revolt into Monarchy drawing 9 turns of anarchy. We also capture Germany's gems town. In 1535AD I make peace with it.

Then in 1545AD Persia demands ivory, while we are 2 turns left of anachy. I say no and it declares. We lose 2 towns IBT, and tons of cavalry entery our territory.

I MA with Egypt against Persia. AI wouldn't give me Corporation for Electricity+MA, so I sign MPP with Germany and Korea and pay totally 26gpt.

The following shows more than 60 cavalry.

I kill 39 cavalry and still 23 left.

In the following years we capture back lost towns and become a Monarchy, and start to raze the way to Persia's capital.

In 1605AD, use almost all our armies killing 10 units and we capture Persepolis. It has Colossus, Great Lighthouse, Oracle, Great Wall, Sistine Chapel and JS Bach's Cathedral. This brings 5 more happy faces to our core. :D

Interesting, after capturing its capital Persia is less willing to take peace.

Apart from that, we've also got silks.

Around 1580AD Korea demands RP@monopoly and we reluctantly cave. I put Korea on the list to kill.

Egypt also makes peace with Persia but that doesn't matter now.

We also complete Wall Streat.

The razing continues and in 1610AD our territory has exceeded Persia. Our military only comes "about the same size" in 1620AD.

I sign AI back into war whenever they make peace, and just keep razing.

Then finally in 1690AD, Persia is destroyed.

That didn't take long.

Next

A little back to the history. While the Persian way was going, we also got Scientific Method and completed ToE. Since there is no river, we cannot build Hoover Dam in this game, so I took Steel and Combustion.

In 1695AD, I declare on Egypt and MA with Korea and Germany. It's the weakest and we just finish it off.

Within a few turns Egypt is destroyed.

Unfortunately we have deals with both Korea and Germany left, so no war yet. We build Intelligence Agency in 1730AD and I plant spy on Korea, who has 16 cavs and 200 infantry. We fail on Germany and it declares.

We finally start fighting infantry.

Not much to report except:

We are 67/72.

Final save

We are in the middle of a huge rectangular landmass surrounded by 8 AIs. We spent the early days expanding and meeting and trading. We got full contact in 900BC and were able to stay as tech lead, especially after getting Philosophy the first.

Our attempt at Great Library failed as Inca beat us to it by 3 turns, and it finally became Sun Tzu's. It was actually quite useful for domination.

Persia was the tech leader all along and almost running away, but in early AD AI started fighting each other, and it slowed everything down, and we became a Republic.

While the war went along, we rode on the wall and gave a punch here and there. We took some lands from Korea, Carthage and India, and slowly became stronger. Carthage and India were soon destroyed. Inca and Persia shared Carthage, and Celts, Germany and Egypt shared India, with us grabbing some minor pieces. The war with Korea also gave us our Golden Age in 460AD.

In 950AD, while the world restored to peace I seeked for more wars. We let Celts declare and took quite some land from it and got our native lux ivory and gems.

In 1295AD, we declared on Egypt to get coal, and completed the mission. But Persia, the No.1 power, conquered Inca, the No.2 power and united the entire north. Things became clear that we had to stop it.

In 1510AD, just after we got Replaceable Parts the first and were connecting rubber, Germany declared on us. We made peace immediately, but were forced to revolt into Monarchy. Just before the anarchy ended, Persia declared on us and sent tons of cavalry to attack us. We allied the entire world and with infantry and artillery we razed the entire empire of Persia into ashes. So called superpower fell to extinction.

After that we declared on Egypt in 1695AD and quickly destroyed it, and then Germany declared on us in 1730AD after a failed spy mission and we destroyed it and achieved domination in 1768AD.

Top Bottom