Civ names

johanerbite

Chieftain
Hi guys,

I had intalled some mods on my civ5 and everything went just fine. But one day I wanted to start a new game and I noticed that my civs name wasn't right. I changed it in the 'advanced options' by clicking on 'edit'. However the names won't change. It keeps saying 'Germany' in every box.
I already reinstalled civ and unsuscribed all my mods but still it doesn't change back.
I hope someone knows what to do.

Greetings

This thread made me realize that I'm having the same problem. I recently was messing around and named my civ something else, and now, even if I change it, once I reselect the civ or get into the game, they are still referred to by the name that I was "messing around" with. :confused:

Anyone know how to fix this?

Maybe you have Germany? Explain some more.

No I'm sure I'm not Germany. When you set up a game and you go to advanced settings you'll see the word 'edit' in the right corner of the faction you've chosen. If you click on 'edit' you can edit the name of your faction, faction leader, etc.

...It keeps saying 'Germany' in every box...
I don't know if this could help but, try to delete this line in your Config.ini in your "Documents/My Games/ Sid Meier Civilization V/ Config.ini"
That line saves what Civilization you last played so that when you start a New Game that would be the default Civ.
Spoiler :

or better delete the whole Config.ini. Anyway the game would just generate new Config.ini with no default settings.

Hi guys,

I had intalled some mods on my civ5 and everything went just fine. But one day I wanted to start a new game and I noticed that my civs name wasn't right. I changed it in the 'advanced options' by clicking on 'edit'. However the names won't change. It keeps saying 'Germany' in every box.
I already reinstalled civ and unsuscribed all my mods but still it doesn't change back.
I hope someone knows what to do.

Greetings

Okay, I found a way to fix my problem. I hope it will fix your's as well.

Right next to the edit button that you click on to edit your civ's name, there is a cancel button. When I clicked that, it reverted back to the right name. It went back again, but every time I click that button it goes back like it should be.

After editing and then deleting the config file, I literally facepalmed once I realized that was all I had to do to fix it. :wallbash:

Okay, I found a way to fix my problem. I hope it will fix your's as well.

Right next to the edit button that you click on to edit your civ's name, there is a cancel button. When I clicked that, it reverted back to the right name. It went back again, but every time I click that button it goes back like it should be.

After editing and then deleting the config file, I literally facepalmed once I realized that was all I had to do to fix it. :wallbash:

Thanks Heerlo!

It seems to work in my game as well

Top Bottom