The "Got it Installed!" thread

I did everything: check cache, restart steam; but the only thing it does is restart the 3 sec download, but it still doesn't seem to work.

I did everything: check cache, restart steam; but the only thing it does is restart the 3 sec download, but it still doesn't seem to work.

try going offline and start it from there...

978.1 MBs D/L'ing...

This is some serious "Stuff". Not only does it give a new UI (Green/Gold colors!) but it will allow better control over my own Modded Interfaces via DLL handling and XML Style-Sheets.

Although, now is the time to finally Play *IT*. Venice seems to offer interesting gameplay. World Council is a great alternative to Diplomacy. Culture Victory has been enhanced beyond all my expectations.
:)

It is now doing another install. Doesn't say what though. 1%

Steam crashed.

I think mine is doing everything it needs to, but it's taking a ridiculous amount of time to update DirectX 9.

It is now doing another install. Doesn't say what though. 1%

Steam crashed.
When all else fails, I generally restart Windows and try again. :(

It is still downloading. I just hope it runs at comparable speed to Gods and Kings, officially my graphics card is in limbo between supported and unsupported which means unsupported, but since Gods and Kings does run people told me to buy, buy, buy!

I'm good at waiting for my turn... :goodjob:

Really odd, it downloads and installs a 1GB update, DLC has an inactive BNW DLC, that I can enable, but it doesn't strick.

I won't hold you waiting, Don't shoot me if I'm wrong but I think if you disconnect your internet while steam is up then re connect it it'll do a "sort of" force restart to Steam

Well verifiyng cache for me does bring up the small 3 sec download, but when I launch my game (after or not that I restart steam), it brings up a game installation, but it's still G&K...

So I downloaded BNW with US-Proxy, but when I start the Game BNW is deactivated.

I'm at 14%...and it took 1 hour to get there

I can't figure out what it is I'm even downloading anymore as this is the umpteenth time in the past few days something is being downloaded

it kept showing civ 5 for me, then I closed out of steam, opened it back up, and boom, gods and kings upon loading civ 5 is gone and replaced with brave new world

so far though, I am INCREDIBLY overwhelmed by the new wonders, and new features. to the point where the early game is just a lot! talk about totally blowing up previous strategy.

im sitting there going "ok, now onto NC", then look and see all these new trade related items I need to build, and frankly don't know enough about not to build.

looks like Ill need to lower difficulty too, I am getting destroyed in demographics as if im playing on deity(immortal)

Top Bottom