World Congress

Are you excited about world congresss?

• Yes

Votes: 268 89.3%
  • No

Votes: 32 10.7%

• Total voters
Don't forget that they can't trade that resource for other luxuries either. They will be down more than four. But, as I said, it hinges upon i the AI still has the happiness crutch.

Yea, if AI still has that huge happiness bonus, that would be useless. But hey, all other things in Congress can be very useful in different situations. Scholars in Residence and Art Funding sound like good anti-runaway things.

I think disallowing nuke building really means that nukes are not avaivable for anyone. Suck that Gandhi :lol:

My concern is that the AI is pretty erratic and unpredictable with diplomacy. It's like giving a bunch of 3-year olds nuclear weapons and telling them not to break anything.

I don't know that I would say "band together" but they seem to have a much bigger stick up their ass to the human player than against one another. For example, worker stealing gets me denounced sometimes but AIs go on rampages in early-game deity and just murder city-states outright with much smaller diplomatic consequences. That seems screwy.

I've had other situations like in the LP I'm working on right now. I paid the Ottomans to go attack France for me while I was at war with France + Byzantium. I pushed into the Byzantine capital and started wiping her units out, and what do I see? French spam coming up through her territory to fight me. Meanwhile Suleiman is trashing his cities(like 2 in 8 turns), but he ignores it for "NAPOLEON MAD NAPOLEON SMASH HUMAN PLAYER" :p

This sounds like an issue with the combat AI: 1) Nappy most likely already had war plans against one of your cities and didn't/couldn't interrupt them, and/or 2) he knew you had a smaller military score than the Ottomans (I'm assuming, since it's deity) and saw you as easy pickings. Granted, these are both serious problems (in the first case the AI should be more adaptable to changing situations and in the second case military score isn't accurately represented), but this example shows no evidence to me of prejudice against the player.

I haven't experienced the early worker-steal situation you describe so I can't comment on it.

Obviously this is conjecture since you haven't uploaded the vids yet. (Are you going to? I just finished watching the first LP and really enjoyed it!)

This sounds like an issue with the combat AI: 1) Nappy most likely already had war plans against one of your cities and didn't/couldn't interrupt them, and/or 2) he knew you had a smaller military score than the Ottomans (I'm assuming, since it's deity) and saw you as easy pickings. Granted, these are both serious problems (in the first case the AI should be more adaptable to changing situations and in the second case military score isn't accurately represented), but this example shows no evidence to me of prejudice against the player.

I haven't experienced the early worker-steal situation you describe so I can't comment on it.

Obviously this is conjecture since you haven't uploaded the vids yet. (Are you going to? I just finished watching the first LP and really enjoyed it!)

Ask and ye shall receieve. Unfortunately, that particular series of events transpired when I was having recording issues so they were lost :crazyeye: Things played out differently on the one that actually got recorded, but only because Suleiman's AI bugged out or something and failed to attack. He had several(at least 3-4) Cannons sitting outside of Ohrid for several turns, could have EASILY taken it, and just idled them there.

On the other hand, I also accidentally pronounced election as erection not once but twice in that video, so maybe it's a good thing they were lost :mischief: Also, the part where Napoleon coups my CS ally while we're at war is going to be shown as well.

ANYWAY enough about my embarrassing screw-ups. :blush:

I mostly wonder if the World Congress is going to impact the player more than the AI proportionately with things such as the standing army tax. Then again, while the AI has a crapload of GPT, it also has tons of units, so I guess we'll have to see how it works out. The fact that you can bribe the AI for their votes makes things more manageable, but I do wish there was a way to opt out of the World Congress like you can opt out of the U.N. in real life. I don't know that a massive warmongering, genocidal nation that's crushed several nations out of existence would just be like "oh okay I'll pay taxes/not trade my whales". :p

Ask and ye shall receieve.

I guess so, just showed up in my inbox 6 mins ago!:D

I mostly wonder if the World Congress is going to impact the player more than the AI proportionately with things such as the standing army tax. Then again, while the AI has a crapload of GPT, it also has tons of units, so I guess we'll have to see how it works out. The fact that you can bribe the AI for their votes makes things more manageable, but I do wish there was a way to opt out of the World Congress like you can opt out of the U.N. in real life. I don't know that a massive warmongering, genocidal nation that's crushed several nations out of existence would just be like "oh okay I'll pay taxes/not trade my whales". :p

It's unclear, but I agree and fully expect (or at least hope:p) that civs will be able to deny WC resolutions with heavy diplomatic consequences.

Do you guys think that ideologies will really have an effect in the world congress?

Yes. For many reasons

1. The less Friendly the civ, the less likely they are gonna give in to your manipulation (Getting them to change/vote the way you want)

2. World Ideology is one of the proposals.

3. That's it. sorry. I'm just as misleading as Kate :blush:

Yes. For many reasons

1. The less Friendly the civ, the less likely they are gonna give in to your manipulation (Getting them to change/vote the way you want)

2. World Ideology is one of the proposals.

3. That's it. sorry. I'm just as misleading as Kate :blush:

Gunboat Diplomacy, and probably a few other tenets. Autocracy and Freedom will find it easier to get votes.

Anything that adds extra layers of variety to the game without causing major issues is a plus to me. The WC seems to add extra diplomacy in the latter part of the game and that is a plus for mine.

I'm very excited about it. It actually seems like the world congress will have a huge influence on the late game.

I love just having these things at my disposal. Banning nukes for instance. It's just immersive for me to be able to do that. I don't think getting rid of nukes makes a gigantic difference in the game but just being able to do that is cool.

Question: when/how does the first World Congress start?

Once a Civ has discovered every other Civ and has Printing Press researched. I believe once a Civ has satisfied those two conditions the countdown for the first session of the WC starts.

Regarding World Congress and Ideologies, I also hope that City States chose a ideology.

I agree with you that it would be a cool concept, but I think that in G&K city states couldnt choose an ideology nor social policies

I don't think getting rid of nukes makes a gigantic difference in the game but just being able to do that is cool.

While planning a diplomatic victory, it would sure be a nice option when you discover that that is no uranium available in your territory or in any of your City State allies.

Regarding World Congress and Ideologies, I also hope that City States chose a ideology.

I would assume that they aquire the ideology of whoever is their ally at that moment.

Once a Civ has discovered every other Civ and has Printing Press researched. I believe once a Civ has satisfied those two conditions the countdown for the first session of the WC starts.

So, odd thing...
Imagine players A, B, C, D, E, F.

• A and B have met every civ but each other. C, D have not met E or F.
  • A and B meet. Both A and B are the first civ to meet every other civ.

This isn't even the only way to do this. There are a multiplicity of ways that the rank of first civ to do this could be shared. For that matter, it's possible three players could meet each other at the same time.

• A, B, C, have met D, E, F. D&E&F don't know each other.
  • B meets C. The same turn, A moves a scout and spots B and C at the same time.
  • A, B, C met all civs at the same time.
What extra condition is going to decide this?

So, odd thing...
Imagine players A, B, C, D, E, F.

• A and B have met every civ but each other. C, D have not met E or F.
  • A and B meet. Both A and B are the first civ to meet every other civ.

Did they meet on A's turn, or on B's turn... If it's B's, then B was the first to meet every other civ...

Also, he must research the Printing Press before A...

Top Bottom