Marble gives +25% to wonder construction?

alj

Chieftain
True or false?

I just got a pop up after capturing a city with marble in its radius that this gives me a bonus to wonder production. Thing is, I had marble by my capital and never got the notification when I built a quarry there, and I can't find anything about this bonus in the Civilopedia. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true?

True or false?

I just got a pop up after capturing a city with marble in its radius that this gives me a bonus to wonder production. Thing is, I had marble by my capital and never got the notification when I built a quarry there, and I can't find anything about this bonus in the Civilopedia. Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true?

I can confirm that i get this message, seemingly at random.

I got a message to that effect on my first playthrough, but couldn't find anything confirming it in the Civilopedia, and don't remember were I read it to begin with. I'm confused, too.

Apparently, according to a beta tester, this bonus affects only that city. Great if you're using it in one of your "focused wonder-building cities," useless if it's a city you built to grab a few resources.

It does increase it by 25%.I don`t know why the message pop is so inconsistant tho.

Go, go restarting with Egypt until you get a start with marble then. Almost 75% off wonders with the social policy?

It wouldn't be 75% off as that would translate into a completely broken 400% production bonus.. it does give +25% to building wonders (not projects) only for the city in which it is in the radius. You can confirm this by hovering your mouse over the production value in the city and it will say Wonder modifier for (name of wonder) +25% in addition to any other bonuses you might have.

Your bonus by the way would be 78% pretty early into the game. Not too shabby ^^

Top Bottom