I tried, rly tried, but i cant get into ciV

allisinthepass

Chieftain
i rly dont know why but... there is something lacking, something that the other civ games had that is missing in this one

for example, i was just playing a game has Germany and went to war with the Iroquois, captured one city and made peace. Now u would think that their leader would be pissed, but next turn he comes to me with "it hard to make friends would u want a pact of coop" and the turn after, with open borders.:eek:this does not make sense

and it a bunch of other little problems that i just cant seem to ignore. Im hoping they soon release a patch or that a good mod comes out because i just cant play. I do find it sad that i buy a game, only to find out that to rly get into it i have to wait for either a patch or a mod to come out

I get a feeling that there is a huge potential in the game, and i can only dream of when ROM mod comes out, but for now... well ill keep on trying.. i guess

i rly dont know why but... there is something lacking, something that the other civ games had that is missing in this one

for example, i was just playing a game has Germany and went to war with the Iroquois, captured one city and made peace. Now u would think that their leader would be pissed, but next turn he comes to me with "it hard to make friends would u want a pact of coop" and the turn after, with open borders.:eek:this does not make sense

and it a bunch of other little problems that i just cant seem to ignore. Im hoping they soon release a patch or that a good mod comes out because i just cant play. I do find it sad that i buy a game, only to find out that to rly get into it i have to wait for either a patch or a mod to come out

I get a feeling that there is a huge potential in the game, and i can only dream of when ROM mod comes out, but for now... well ill keep on trying.. i guess

For the Iroquois thing I agree that it doesnt make sense at all, in Civ IV it took a while to get someone you declared one agaisnt to even tolerate you, less love like in your exemple...something is wrong.

You have to wait till rest of Civ 5 gets released in "expansions" ...BTW when's the next expansion for Civ 5 due?

I am not 100% positive but it seems that the Iroquois are a version of Ghandi. They are looking for a peaceful win of some sort. They were my best friends up until I started to conquer the world. Then they hated my warmongering.

You have to wait till rest of Civ 5 gets released in "expansions" ...BTW when's the next expansion for Civ 5 due?

More importantly, how much more money do I have to dish out to 2K and Firaxis before I get a complete product?

I tend to agree with the OP, there is an "it" factor that is missing. When I got prior versions of Civ I could not put it down for days. This version, which I got through UPS on the day it was released, has gotten maybe 10 hours of play time over the course of several weeks.

I do agree that the AI and the diplomacy interactions are the weakest points of the game; but more broadly, the "just one more turn" effect is just not here.

Top Bottom