Map pinging and Tile highlighting

AuganM

Chieftain
I came up with this idea whilst trying to explain to my friend what tiles he would need to get through to attack Brazil, whilst they're not the most exciting features they would be useful in multiplayer:

Map Pinging:

Through selecting a little option and a player you can press a tile on the map for that player to be notified about. This could be useful for showing someone where you want to put a city or where an army is coming from instead of trying to tell them 5 tiles north-west of Riga.

Map highlighting:

Done through much the same way and perhaps even in single player, you could highlight a few tiles in pink and the highlighting would stay there. These highlighted tiles could be kept for future reference and are or more permanent option of map pinging.

These systems would have the problems, mainly, what if the other player hasn't uncovered these tiles yet, so I look for suggestions from the community on how we could get around this problem.

I think this would be a reasonably useful idea. I remember a mod for Civ4 did something similar to that, and while it's not game changing it at least sounds convenient. If another player hasn't uncovered those tiles, they could either see the fog of war highlighted or just not see the highlighted tiles until they discover them.

Top Bottom